Thread
Printable Version

Friday Night Lights Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Friday Night Lights Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Expanding on the hit feature film "Friday Night Lights," this poignant series centers on the small rural town of Dillon, Texas, where the coveted state football championship rings are held in the highest regard. Dillon's promising high school team, its star quarterback, and newly appointed head coach Eric Taylor (Kyle Chandler, "King Kong," "Grey's Anatomy") feel the mounting pressure of the town's pride and honor riding on their shoulders as a new football season kicks off.

The fresh cast also includes: Scott Porter ("The Bedford Diaries") as team captain and first-string quarterback Jason Street; Gaius Charles ("Book of Daniel") as feared running back Brian "Smash" Williams; Taylor Kitsch ("Kyle XY") as running back Tim Riggins; Connie Britton ("The Brothers McMullen," "24") as Taylor's supportive wife, Tami; Zach Gilford ("The Last Winter") as third-string quarterback Matt Saracen, and Minka Kelly ("What I Like About You") as Lyla Garrity, Panther cheerleader and Street's girlfriend.

Also starring are: Aimee Teegarden ("Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide") as Coach Taylor's daughter, Julie; Adrianne Palicki ("South Beach") as Tyra Collette, and Jesse Plemons ("Grey's Anatomy") as Landry Clarke.

Executive-produced by Peter Berg (the film "Friday Night Lights," "The Rundown") who also wrote and directed the pilot, Jason Katims ("Roswell"), Brian Grazer ("The Da Vinci Code," "Cinderella Man," "A Beautiful Mind"), David Nevins ("Arrested Development") and Sarah Aubrey ("Bad Santa," "The Kingdom"). "Friday Night Lights" is a production of Imagine Television, NBC Universal Television Studio and Film 44.

*Taken from nbc.com *

This show is pretty awesome and i love watching it, anyone else out there agree? I am sl glad that it has been added onto here! Yay....

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-13-2015 01:24 ]

Reply #2 bala's post

well, i admit the first ep is hard to get thru but after the first few eps there is alot more about the people and not the football, and the football isnt as much as a focus as the initial few eps make it out to be.

Once the setting is set you learn alot more about the people and the stories begin to unfold....

Reply #4 fadetopink's post

Lol i was always curious as to whether football was as big as it was made out in FNL so its nice to have it confirmed, and dont worry the secret is kinda safe... lol... I think that the next series will be good too, and i cant wait to see what happens, will the coach go or stay? i really dont want julie and saracen to be split up

Thread