41 123
Thread
Printable Version

Parenthood Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

I"m a newbie here - Bala, I took your advice and watched this show and am enjoying it, thanks!

Though this show is on the sentimental side, I like it because it's sweet and really insightful from a parental point of view. Now that I have my own child, I can relate to a lot of their dilemmas.

At first I thought Adam and Christina were wrong for not letting Hattie see Alex, but maybe they were right: he is going through a lot and, like Amber told Hattie, his being in AA for just 6 months isn't a joke - he's got a lot of stuff to get through. I don't know how I'd handle it if my daughter brought a boy home that was in the same situation....

As for Amber: I love her character! She's grown so much since the first pilot episode!

Reply 31#31 bala's post

Yes, I found that interesting too. Craig T. Nelson is great in this series - though, wow, he sure has aged!

My least favorite character in this series is Hattie (I do like her, but she's just not my favorite) and my favorite characters are Crosby and Amber.

And you guys?

Reply 33#33 bala's post

Anyone you DON'T like though bala?

Reply 36#36 bala's post

Is this episode posted yet? I can't find it...

Reply 38#38 codebreaker's post

I can't find this episode, can anyone tell me if it has been posted yet?

Reply 40#40 bala's post

Thanks Bala. I just read a post before about "tvfull.com" - is it affiliated? There's no forum on it, I guess we can only see programs by paying, not by earning points - do you know?

Reply 42#42 bala's post

Ok, thanks! No, I'm not going anywhere - just wondering what will become of this site! Hope it doesn't shut down

Episode 14

Christina really bugged me in this episode: even if she's afraid and knows she's right, what can it hurt to just quietly sit down and talk it out with Haddie??! She's cutting off her nose to spite her face, as they say. If she wants Haddie to act like an adult, she's going to treat her a little more like an adult.

Absolutely! So funny!

Reply 49#49 codebreaker's post

Well, having been a teenage girl once, I wouldn't say they've "lost" her - she came to their house to apologize and obviously still loves them, just wants what she wants. They'll work things out.

Reply 51#51 bala's post

I'm glad Hatty's back home - I don't think she was expecting to be able to see Alex! I think they did the right thing, though - they have to trust her. Including him as "part of the family" will help Alex and Hatty think twice before they do anything "wrong."

As for Jasmine - she totally got on my nerves this episode. Yes, Crosby is a bit infantile, but she really doesn't let him have his own voice and seems to be making all the decisions.  Who knows if they'll work this out - I hope so for Jabbar's sake.

oh and p.s. I definitely think that Zeke is right about Sarah: she does still have feelings for Seth! Uh-oh!

Reply 54#54 bala's post

Yeah, I really liked him as Aidan in Sex & The City.

Reply 57#57 bala's post

It's wrong for him to be cheating...but I really can't stand Jasmine anymore either!! (luckily it's just a tv show!) It was wrong for her to take their first argument and run away, just as it was wrong for Crosby to cheat with Gaby -- however, I really like Crosby and Gaby's chemistry together. I wonder how this is going to work itself out...hopefully it wont' end up hurting Jabbar!

LMAO at the scene with Julia and Joel being caught by Kristina!

Great cameo appearance by Michael Emerson (of Lost fame)!!

Reply 59#59 bala's post

Ha, yes, the text was funny too!

And, yes, she's not used to him standing up to her - but she's acting like a real child the way she's dealing with it. If she bolts the first time they have a real argument, that's not a very good sign for the future.

Reply 61#61 codebreaker's post

I wish they hadn't had Crosby and Gaby hook up, would have been a much better storyline in my opinion if they had Crosby do the adult thing, for ONCE, and tell Jasmine he was having feelings for Gaby. He has a son to think of -- Jasmine could take him away and Crosby may never see him again.

Reply 63#63 bala's post

Yes, but they are still officially together and engaged. I would have preferred if he'd done the responsible thing for once and dealt with it like an adult and not just hopped into bed.

I do happen to prefer Gaby and Crosby to Crosby and Jasmine however!

Reply 65#65 bala's post

Ehem, not all men would cheat or voluntarily hurt someone like that!

Liked this episode though, I repeat, I wish Crosby hadn't slept with Gaby and returned to his old ways. As much as he messed up, I really hope Jasmine doesn't take Jabbar away from him.

Also, I don't agree with Zeke about the forcing kids to eat issue, personally. And the scene with him and Millie kissing was, um, kinda icky!

Reply 73#73 bala's post

Yeah, that was a sweet scene.

While I really feel Crosby screwed up, I feel badly for him and hope he works things out - if not with Jasmine, at least with Adam.

Yay for Sarah and her writing talent!

41 123
Thread