Thread
Printable Version

Parenthood Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 75#75 bala's post

Yeah, I don't like him and Jasmine together, they're not right. But hopefully for Jabbar's sake they can at least stay friends, at least in the future!

Reply 77#77 codebreaker's post

Yeah, I definitely think that once you have a kid with Asperger's, you pretty much have to ignore people's reactions to you and their judgments, otherwise you go nuts!

A depressing episode! The only thing that seemed to go "right" was Gaby convincing Christina to mainstream Max..and who knows if that'll be positive or not!!

Episode 20x2

Glad Adam and Crosby made up. I have a strange feeling that once they fix up the house, it might actually work in getting Jasmine back.

Was sad for Amber =( And, of course, for Sarah since Amber basically blamed it all on her! I'll bet Sarah's play is now totally filled with angst and going to win awards!

I wonder why we're not seeing any of Drew lately?

Oh, and sex on prom night is TOTALLY cliche - lame one, Haddie!

Oh and little known fact that I just discovered! The actress who plays Amber (Mae Whitman) played Maggie, George Clooney's daughter, in One Fine Day!

Reply 85#85 bala's post

Yes, she did overreact a bit, but that's who she is (not to mention, that's pretty normal for 17-year-old girls!). I think inside she's freaking out because she's not sure who she is. Going to college wouldn't have left her time to think about it, she would've just gone and that'd be that. But now she has to decide what she wants out of life. Not an easy task!

Reply 91#91 bala's post

Ugh, I hate those final car crash scenes, you can see them coming from a mile away and you just want to scream at the screen! I hope Amber's ok =(

Sweet final scene between Haddie and Adam. So, so, so true what Sarah told him, about having to be even more present just when they say they need you the least. Good advice, poor thing that she had to figure it out the hard way.

Reply 93#93 bala's post

Yes, very emotional, I liked it for the most part. My only complaint is that they sped through a lot of things, I felt like they shoved a lot of stuff into the episode since it was the finale.

Are they not sure if it's been renewed yet? Oh no!!

Reply 95#95 bala's post

My fingers are crossed! I've got a soft spot for this show =)

So far I'm liking this season, though is it me or is Christina even more annoying/control freak this season?! And Haddie too - it's like the Braverman blondes are a little crazy this year =)

Reply 8#8 codebreaker's post

So I guess this means Amber's going to be moving back in?

Yeah, poor Drew - but it looks like it worked!

Reply 10#10 codebreaker's post

Yeah, the Jabbar and Max situation wasn't an easy one - poor Max =(

I also felt badly for Haddie, getting broken up with like that. I guess the writers felt it was time to spice things up with new love interests for her, ha!

Reply 17#17 bala's post

I definitely agree - giving Seth that money is going to be a huge mistake in the end..Amber seemed pretty convinced of it at the end,too.

Really glad the Luncheonette's first client was a success - I was worrying that the new baby/new job/new client etc. would be too much for Adam and Cristina but they seem ok - just tired, normal new baby/job stuff! Nora's adorable! (though, again, I found Haddie's reaction to Cristina not reading her essay overly dramatic. She's a teenager now and can understand how hard her mom's working).

Go Joel for standing up to Zeke LOL!

3x09 Sore Loser

Having a young daughter myself, I can say that the whole storyline with Julia and Joel and Sydney was SO RIGHT ON! I'm glad her night-long "time out" ended up being effective. Boy, Zeke really does overdo it sometimes, though - it must've been hard to grow up with him!

The story between Rachel and Adam was pretty predictable: rainy night, alcohol, late night visit to the Luncheonette, a free drive home...I hope it stops here, though - Adam cheating on Chrstina while she is dealing with 2 kids and a newborn? She's been awfully patient already about him starting a whole new business with Crosby....

Reply 33#33 bala's post

In fact! It went exactly the way Crosby warned him it would go - in order to clean his conscience, he pretty much ruined (hopefully temporarily) his relationship with Christina.

Man, that Troy made me angry -- asking 30,000 for a baby? Illegal!!

Reply 35#35 bala's post

That's true...and unlike Joel. I think Julia's rubbing off on him!

Reply 51#51 bala's post

Ugh - and HADDIE, "telling on" her cousin like that? What the heck!? I wonder how that's going to unfold - and Amber was just starting to be happy...

Reply 53#53 codebreaker's post

Can't wait for the season finale - but, isn't it a little early? Only 18 episodes?

Episode 3x17 Remember Me, I'm The One Who Loves You

My heart broke for Julia, though I'll bet none of us was really surprised. After all she did for Zoe, too, at the very LEAST Zoe could have been honest with her, since she obviously was having doubts for a long time.

My heart also broke - but in a good way! - of that scene of Amber snuggling with Sara. Finally, peace!

I have mixed feelings about Crosby and Jasmine - only because I was really liking him and Lily (the cellist) together.

Reply 56#56 bala's post

VEry good offer for the studio - but I think Adam was definitely stupid to go see the guy without Crosby. He's going to end up paying for that one

Thread