Thread
Printable Version

Parenthood Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Put Yourself Out There

Well Isac getting jealous over his wife new art teacher was understandable but she should of respected her husband wishes but she didn't.

Reply 17#17 bala's post

It was a shame that Max wasn't invited to the birthday party but as the girls mother said her daughter deserves to have the party she wants, Kristina frantically attempting to obtain a birthday invite i think was wrong

Reply 18#18 codebreaker's post

Yes she really tried everything but isn't that what parents do?

Reply 19#19 bala's post

Once the girl explained why Max wasn't invited it shouldn't of been pursued any more

Reply 20#20 codebreaker's post

Your right but we can be objective since that not our kid.

2x10 Happy Thanksgiving

That was unfortunate timing for Gordon's news about selling the company and Hattie and Alex look like they are getting closer but the crazy family dance at the end was funny

Reply 22#22 codebreaker's post

Yes it was unfortunate timing but he did tell him out of respect but look Hatty mother face when she saw who she was kissing seems surprising.

2x11 Damage Control

That was nice when Kristina and Adam were getting to know Alex at dinner with Haddie and Max and some Max's questions was amusing but he handled it great it's just a shame they don't want Haddie to see him. Crosby having trouble teaching Jabbar to clean his room was terrible parenting but he got there in the end

Reply 24#24 codebreaker's post

Yes this nice episode Adam and Kristina were impressed with Alex but Hattie not tell him what her parent told her seem to going cause her some trouble.

2x12 Meet the New Boss

Amber's graveyard song was nice Alex / Chloe's first date was nice because he remembered what she liked

Reply 26#26 codebreaker's post

Yeah it was nice date but Adam looking another job didn't go well he has a job lot people good CV but are not getting the job he lucky why leave a good job for a job that might never come

Reply 27#27 bala's post

His new boss is strange but he must have a vision of where he wants the company to go

Reply 28#28 codebreaker's post

Yes i think he has an idea but Adam doesn't have confidence in his ablity and i don't blame him can you imagine if you found a young guy is your boss who no experience in the shoe industry.

I"m a newbie here - Bala, I took your advice and watched this show and am enjoying it, thanks!

Though this show is on the sentimental side, I like it because it's sweet and really insightful from a parental point of view. Now that I have my own child, I can relate to a lot of their dilemmas.

At first I thought Adam and Christina were wrong for not letting Hattie see Alex, but maybe they were right: he is going through a lot and, like Amber told Hattie, his being in AA for just 6 months isn't a joke - he's got a lot of stuff to get through. I don't know how I'd handle it if my daughter brought a boy home that was in the same situation....

As for Amber: I love her character! She's grown so much since the first pilot episode!

Reply 30#30 studiojek's post

This show really is an educational tools for new parents most issues are typical which why people relate to it epically parents of teenager and i like they don't go extreme.

I did find it interesting they explored the grandparents marriage problem with the affairs that i didn't see coming,  on most  tv show most grandparent are usually happily married and this one was real surprise after 25 years marriage there were having problems.

Reply 31#31 bala's post

Yes, I found that interesting too. Craig T. Nelson is great in this series - though, wow, he sure has aged!

My least favorite character in this series is Hattie (I do like her, but she's just not my favorite) and my favorite characters are Crosby and Amber.

And you guys?

Reply 32#32 studiojek's post

I really don't have a favourite i like all of them in there own different ways

Reply 33#33 bala's post

Anyone you DON'T like though bala?

Reply 34#34 studiojek's post

I would have to say Jubar mother

Episode 13

Well play went well but Hatty making a stand was impressive she really stuck it out . She is lucky she has a place to go

Thread