Thread
Printable Version

Justified Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Justified Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

is the story of Deputy U.S. Marshal RAYLAN GIVENS (Timothy Olyphant), a true-blue hero and something of a throwback, given to wearing a Stetson and cowboy boots, carrying his sidearm in a hip holster – a weapon he only draws when he has to, and when he does, he shoots to kill, because, as he sees it, that’s the purpose of a gun.

Raylan was born and reared in the hill country of eastern Kentucky.  It was in Harlan where he played ball, chased girls and dug coal.  And it was from Harlan, at age 19, that he ran, determined to become a U.S. Marshal.  Now, years later, after shooting a gun thug in a Miami hotel and thereby incurring the wrath of his Marshals Service superiors, Raylan has been sent in punishment (and by fate?) to the one place to which he vowed he would never return – Kentucky.

The character of Deputy U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens was created by America’s pre-eminent crime novelist Elmore Leonard.  The Chief Deputy of the Lexington U.S.M.S. office is ART MULLEN, played by Nick Searcy (Cast Away, From the Earth to the Moon). Working alongside Raylan are fellow deputies TIM GUTTERSON – played by Jacob Pitts (The Pacific) – and RACHEL BROOKS – played by Erica Tazel (Life, The Office). Raylan, Art and the other deputies do what all U.S. Marshals do – chase down fugitives, protect witnesses, transport prisoners.

But, being back in Kentucky, Raylan will also have to confront a past crowded with enough skeletons to choke a graveyard.  There’s his old friend and fellow coal-miner, now fugitive bank-robber, BOYD CROWDER (Walton Goggins - The Shield). There’s AVA CROWDER, the cheerleader from his youth he always had a crush on. There’s ex-wife WINONA (Natalie Zea - Hung, Dirty Sexy Money), and, looming largest of all in Raylan’s past, there’s his career criminal father ARLO (Raymond Barry - Cold Case, Training Day).

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-13-2015 00:31 ]

Reply 1#1 Milks26's post

I been waiting for this show-thanks for the heads up

"I don't pull my side-arm, unless I'm going to shoot to kill"

I can't wait for this show to come on the site.

Reply 4#4 Milks26's post

Yeah me as well but it depend on what members request in new show suggestion

Reply 5#5 bala's post

You haven't figured it out yet?? This site gets all FX shows!

Reply 6#6 Milks26's post

not straight away ? usually it take a few weeks

Reply 7#7 bala's post

Stop being a simpleton! When did I ever say that the show will be added on 3/16/10.....the same day it premieres on tv? The shows we currently have only get updated the next day.

Reply 8#8 Milks26's post

Never mind ,i can't wait for the first episode

Episode 1

Great first episode this show really reminds me saving grace from some reason but i really like the first episode it had right mixture drama and action i liked.

Reply 10#10 bala's post

Good first episode i liked how sure he was at Ava's diner table until Ava pulled the gun on him but Raylan was to quick he didn't even manage to get the gun of the table

Reply 11#11 codebreaker's post

Yeah this show has potential but it would better if he had use a rocket launcher that would got the job done all right. . Blowing up a church for the fun of it was cool.

Reply 12#12 bala's post

Great premiere....look forward to a good season

From the looks of it, viewers just can’t get enough of Timothy Olyphant as a lawman – no matter what era – as FX’s newest throwback drama, Justified, premiered to 4.2 million viewers, easily winning the timeslot on cable.

Not only that, but Justified also ranked as one of the biggest series premieres, topped only by the debut of Shawn Ryan’s The Shield in 2002.

What’s interesting is that since FX has been marketing the show as a modern-day western, the audience tended to skew toward those who would tune into westerns – mainly adults ages 50+. Amongst the 4.2 million viewers that tuned in, less than half were in the18-49 age bracket.

What’s to come?

If you read my review of the Justiefied series premiere, I made a remark about how the series turns episodic for the second and third episode, leaving the more serialized story-arcs behind.

Those worried that this is permanent can rest easy, as show creator, Graham Yost, has promised that as the season progresses there will be more serialized elements popping up with the last four episodes being particularly serialized.

If you’re curious about what specifically is coming up in the season, here’s a little SPOILER directly from Graham Yost.

“When we shot the pilot, Boyd (Walton Goggins) died at the end. And the response from focus groups and internally is they loved Boyd so much — loved what Walton was doing as Boyd — that we asked Walton to come back. Boyd does not stay in prison the whole time, I won’t say how he gets out, but it has severe ramifications.”

courtesy http://screenrant.com/justified-ratings-aco-49098/

Reply 14#14 Milks26's post

They would've been idiots to kill Boyd...his the villian...he can't die now.

Episode 2

Of all the gas station to pull into he had pull into one with fugative he suppose capture . taking his car,badge and hat was funny

Reply 16#16 bala's post

2nd episode was great. I have high hopes for this show. Hopefully the high powers won't kill it.

Cooper, his ex wife & cousin were hilarious

Reply 16#16 bala's post

He pulled into that station because the first time he past it the light were off

Reply 18#18 codebreaker's post

i hadn't noticed that

Episode 3

That was a funny situation with Tiny having all those guns and he was tied up like a package . The rest episode was ok i mean you just wanted to see how it all played out and he was right about something dodgy about the situation with the informant. Still it smart situation when he figured out the women in on the con as well. it nice when a tv show does something slightly original from cliché.

Thread