Thread
Printable Version

The Pacific Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Pacific Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss Anything About The Pacific Here

Well i didn't think we would see this getting added because it is only a ten part mini series but i am glad it is here and the 3rd episode for me is the best so far

http://viptv.net/index.php?type= ... earch&orderby=movid

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 1-13-2011 16:01 ]

Reply 1#1 codebreaker's post

i will probably watch this in the weekend

1x04 Gloucester-Pavuvu-Banika

Interesting episode with Leckie getting a bladder infection and sent to a naval hospital on nearby Banika for psychiatric observation

1x05 Peleliu Landing

Slow start but when they meet fierce Japanese resistance while landing it looked like a suicide mission but taking a Japanese soldiers gold filling was to much

1x06 Peleliu Airfield

That was crazy as they attempt to capture the Peleliu airfield with the underground bunkers it was another suicide mission but having to kill one of their own because he was screaming and would of put the rest at risk was tragic

1x07 Peleliu Hills

Good episode with some tragic loss of some of their own one on a stretcher and the captain but the funniest part was the soldier going for a dump and being chased with his trousers down by a jap

Good series.

I didn't expect to see Gunny Haney crack. In Sledge's book he writes that afterward on the ship Haney had told him he had had enough.

1x08 Iwo Jima

Another good episode showing the lighter side of war with Basilone getting frustrated convinces the Marines to allow him to train troops headed for combat and while there he enjoys a whirlwind romance with an initially reluctant female Marine, Lena Riggi. But the couple know they are living on borrowed time, as Basilone is soon to take part in the Marine landing on Iwo Jima but what a sad ending

1x09 Okinawa

Good episode the Japanese using their own civilians as shield especially the woman and baby with tragic consequences and Hamm getting shot because of Beck was also tragic

1x10 Home

Nice final episode when Lena visits Basilone's home she got a cold reception until she gave them his medal and then it was emotional. Leckie adjusts to post-war life by resuming his old job and starting a new relationship which was funny because he asked her out when her current date was standing behind him. Eugene, unsure why he survived the war seemingly unscathed, was having a hard time adjusting and what a roll call at the end

Reply 10#10 codebreaker's post

was this mini series any good and is it worth a watch, if so might give it a try in next couple of weeks when I get some spare time.

Reply 11#11 spratt89's post

I enjoyed it but it's hard to say if it's to everyone's taste

Thread