Thread
Printable Version

Doctor Who Season 5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 19#19 gabsimom's post

I think it is more implied that she is a future assistant, and the get much more romantically involved than some of the previous assistants have, although i'm not sure about the book she has. I assume they spend a fair amount of time together as she knows how to pilot the TARDIS better than the Doctor himself. Also, she mentioned that the Doctor didnt teach her how to pilot it, so it may mean that there is another Time Lord to be found somewhere. It is all rather mysterious.

I was waiting for the killer episode to make me properly like the new doctor, and i think this was the one.  So far the stories have been a bit boring compared to previous seasons and this episode has improved it, although i was pretty annoyed with the BBC's cock-up with the banner for Graham Norton over the most dramatic scene in the episode.
If Somethings Hard To Do Then Its Not Worth Doing- Homer Simpson

Quote:
i was pretty annoyed with the BBC's cock-up with the banner for Graham Norton over the most dramatic scene in the episode.
You weren't the only one

Look at this

This is getting to be a great season.

I also like the underlying rift that appears in every ep.

I always wonder what it is about and if it is the Time Lords trying to break through.

This ep was also cool to see the doctor use his brain more and make things interesting. Can;t wait to see how he gets them out of this one.

Reply 23#23 carlorica's post

It turns out fine but Amy trying to sleep with the doctor was funny at the end .

The Rome Episode

I forgot to comment on this last week but to be honest i found the episode quite disappointing i mean seriously Vampires as disguise for alien insects. Come on

Amy Choice

This episode was great but it also showed that Amy love that guy and it will be interesting to see if he dies in future episode but he really is like the 3th wheel in these episode. Amy seems not to concerned about her life. She seems rather curious but she really is getting point of start to annoy me and i don't know why maybe it's her blank expression she has in every episode.

The Hungry Earth (1)

Well  it was nice that Amy get swallowen up by the earth, it  made a pleasant surprise as we got Doctor be himself without Amy and he has a new temporary assistant for time being which made for an interesting twist.

I haven't had time to comment much recently on the New Doctor.  It took a bit of getting used to but I decide I like him.  He's quirky which is good and he acts well.  The writing has been up to scratch as well.  Two minor things I'm not thrilled with are, the new theme music (the music in general doesn't seem as good to me) and the new TARDIS.  The new TARDIS is a bit to posh and sleek if you ask me(which I realise, nobody did) and needs to be a bit weathered and broken in.

I enjoyed this episode and when the doctor met with the lizard person he projected the authority and power of a Time Lord very well.  He revealed that calm confidence that the Doctor has and it was quite believable.

Cold Blood (2)

Ok this episode was good but what a way to get rid Amy fiancĂ©e  . I figured they would kill him off but to do it way they did it seem a bit anti-climate..

It was ok and I wonder if the rift in time was caused from his rebirth at the start of the season. He knows that the tardis is somehow involved in it.

I wonder if he crossed over and that is why the tear is there.

The Lodger

The Doctor forgets to set the TARDIS controls, leaving Amy trapped inside as she ends up travelling one week into the future, without the Doctor. This leaves the Doctor trapped on Earth as he awaits the return of his TARDIS. Attempting to pass himself off as a normal human, he becomes the lodger of Craig Owens. Then the Doctor learns of a house on Aickerman Road, with a staircase that people go up, but never down...

ok so that is a horrible recap.  but i don't want to ruin anything for you guys.  this episode made my laugh out loud several times. and Craig was priceless!! as a flatmate who gets jealous of the doctor.  This episode is what i concider a filler episode, not the best of the season but a good sunday morning curl-up and laugh kinda one.  The next episode looks fantastic!!  

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

Reply 31#31 kwargalla's post

Yes this episode wasn't great but next two will be good

The Pandorica Opens (1)

Well finally an episode that was actually good a little bit disorganised at times but it made for an interesting episode like Rory suddenly appearing and doctor forget he already been dead and when it hit him that was funny, so how have you been ? .

Another great season ending and everything is back to normal but Wow this episode so complicated to follow that you couldn't actually believe they managed to pull it all off

Reply 34#34 bala's post

It was a great ep. I wonder if there will be another season. This seems as if it is the end of all the Doctors. I hope this is not the case but I can't find any info on weather there will be another season.

I agree it was complicated but what a way to end it.

5x01 The Eleventh Hour

After all these years the new Doctor crash landing the TARDIS was amusing and not knowing Amelia wasn't a real police woman in that uniform was corny

5x02 The Beast Below

What Amy did to save the creature was dangerous and a phone call from Winston Churchill was amusing

5x03 Victory of the Daleks

Daleks being British soldiers was amusing and I'm not liking how angry the doctor gets but using a Jammie Dodger to scare them was priceless

5x04 The Time of Angels (1)

Amy was lucky not turning in to stone like the others but trying not to blink or look away was amusing

5x05 Flesh and Stone (2)

Amy having to keep her eyes closed to stop the stone angels from taking over her mind made thing awkward but taking the Doctor back to her bedroom was amusing

Thread