Thread
Printable Version

Rookie Blue Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

This show is my sceret pleasure.  It really isn't the best show out there.  The writing is kinda alright and the acting is good and bad depending on the scene.  And if they keep up with the long glances between characters (espeically Sam & Andy) i'm gonna start my own drinking game that will end up with me being sloshed at the end of one episode.  In saying all that - I love this show for some reason.  It being shot in Toronto, Canada helps alot (my home town).  It has a great mix of yummy eye candy and silly episodes that are just fun to watch!!

I am so looking forward to seeing how they finally get Andy & Swarik together. the chemistry between those two is great.  Kinda like magnets being pulled together at one moment then fliped and being pushed apart the next.  I kinda feel for the detective Andy's dating now but on the other hand can't wait to see him dropped like a hot potato.  (kinda evil I know) I guess the problem there is that we get to see the development of Sam & Andy and not so much of the Blonde Detective (i forget his name at the moment) except when he's not really there for her.  Like come on she killed someone in her first month on the job and he treated it like nothing and was more concerned about his career.  He may look like the perfect clean cut guy but Sam is so much more under the scruff.

[ Last edited by kwargalla at 8-13-2010 18:33 ]

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

Reply 18#18 bala's post

What a horrible situation to be in as a rookie and her two love interest were getting carried away in the fight

Reply 22#22 codebreaker's post

She needs to make a choice otherwise this won't end well.

I watched all the episodes over the weekend and Kim I probably think exactly like what you've posted here already. I think it has a lot of potential and agree the acting can either be really good or really bad. I think they'll find their feet though. To be honest, I don't think this would be cancelled to readily it being on ABC.

I really quite like it though.

Renewed Already!

ABC ANNOUNCES EARLY RENEWAL OF SUMMER’S HOTTEST NEW SCRIPTED SERIES, “ROOKIE BLUE”

ABC and Canwest jointly announced today the renewal of this summer’s No. 1 new scripted series, “Rookie Blue.” The drama was renewed for a second season just three weeks following its highly rated premiere on ABC.

“Rookie Blue” stands as the most-watched television show in summer’s Thursday’s 9:00 p.m. hour. Sparked by this positive viewer response to the series, the second season is currently in development and will move into production in Toronto later this summer.

Read more here

Reply 25#25 shinny's post

Well that's great news

1x09 Girlfriend of the Year

Great episode with Andy trying to be girlfriend of the year with disastrous results and what a wake up call for the mother but the young woman that was chasing the car was really brave and thanks to her they new they were looking for a woman driver

Reply 27#27 codebreaker's post

Yes but i admit i didn't believe her, young woman that was chasing the car i assumed trying get out of trouble but she help but it really show you what can happen when you feel like your alone she should asked help from her Ex-husband .

Episode 1x01 - Fresh Paint
I was skeptical about yet another cop show, but the rookies are likable and make the show appealing. Missy Peregrym is very good as the main character and I hope we'll see her evolve as a police officer. Some of the parts deviating from the main crime were humorous . I recognized Gail (Charlotte Sullivan) as Marion Hawthorne from Harriet the Spy...she still has that little pout. This is a fun show with a comfortable atmosphere that will have me going back...and it's been renewed for a second season!

Big Nickel

Well what is it with Andy getting herself in trouble i mean i figured he would try to escape but she really learn not trust people so easily.

1x10 Big Nickel

Sam was funny in the dinner with the waitress but after the escapes during the prisoner transport Andy was lucky that Sam came to her rescue

1x01 Fresh Paint (I am in the race )

Well I really like the first episode because it show how a rookie cop get trained and I found it very educational as to the mistake they made. This episodes shows what can happen if a rookie cop doesn't learn to read between the lines. I am also glad we saw how start of this episode helped Andy get one over on boy who was holding a gun. .

[ Last edited by bala at 8-30-2010 19:36 ]

[ Last edited by bala at 8-30-2010 19:41 ]

1x01 Fresh Paint

I am in the race
Great first episode and introduction to the rookies and Andy going face to face with the gunman because of her first mistake was impressive

I am in the race

I didn't start watching this show because I thought I wouldn't like it, but now I have to reconsider.
I loved the first episode with the screw ups and tensions
It was interesting to see how they follow 5 characters.

1x01 fresh paint

even the lure of toronto hasn't hooked us. the detective who's been working on the case of the murdered rookie for two years sounds terribly incompetent and---although we understand that putting human faces and stories on people who might otherwise seem untouchable does not detract from the possibility of their being heroic---the faces and stories that this show is portraying seem dishonorable to the people serving in uniform who actually do protect us.

the appeal is recognizable - we're suckers for medical dramas ourselves!

we're in the race!
...the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me

1x01 fresh paint

Well I love this show. I followed it from the beginning and this was a great way to tart it off. You got to meet the characters and have some fun with them.

Can't wait to see the others again.

I am in the race!

I am in the race!

I think it's an accurate portrayal of being the new guys on the force. Gung Ho fervor infused with potential and probable inepptitude. Like when McNally was pleading with the suspect to give up. Her nervousness and anxiety were clearly evident, it reminded me of a 4 year old doing the potty dance.

I am in the race

I am undecided whether this was good or not! I may have to watch more to find out.

I did like the focus on Andy and her development through the episode - starting nervously making mistakes and coming good in the end. However, it doesn't portray rookie cops very well! I suppose if they had been confident and competent we wouldn't have liked them so much as characters though.

i am in the race

i have watched the first episode and a couple others. not sure whether or not i like it very much yet but will probably give it another try.
hard work never killed anyone... but why take the risk.

i am in the race

To bring up a totally different topic, Missy Peregrym is mega-hot. I liked her in Heroes but she looks good in a uniform.

Just sayin'...

Thread