22 12
Thread
Printable Version

Pillars of the Earth Mineseries General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Pillars of the Earth Mineseries General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Just saw the trailer for this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSa6AhEWebA and I hope this will be on vip eventually- it sounds great and it is one of my favourite books.

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-1-2015 22:37 ]

Reply 1#1 Teachergirl's post

I've not read the book but just watched the first two episodes which took me till the second episode to get into it and must admit it's worth watching and with a great cast as well

Reply 2#2 codebreaker's post

I don't have time to start a new show

Reply 3#3 bala's post

It's only eight episodes

Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

i know but with the amount i watch it takes me until Saturday night time catch up on everything in a week that airs. .

1x03 Redemption

Interesting episode were we find out that it was Martha that took Jack's ring but when Prior Philip and William find themselves in a standoff over access to the Shiring quarry i liked the way he resolved the problem oh! and the kings reaction to the statue was great

1x04 Battlefield

Another good episode were Jack gets his first kiss from Aliena and when he saved Prior Philip from the arrow the king ordered him dead my morning but Jack must be the luckiest man alive to survive the strangling

I've read the book a few times and I hope that this will be on the site eventually- or available on DVD- from what I have heard it must be good. I wonder how close it is to the book and  if it all goes well, there could be more miniseries because there is a sequel to Pillars of the Earth and I am just reading the book and it would transfer well to the screen for a miniseries- it is a HUGE book. So glad I have it on my Kindle, I would NOT want to carry that hardcover around. The audiobook for it is about a day long I guess. :)

1x05 Legacy

Another good episode with Tom wanting Jack and Alfred to be friends, but their rivalry over their work lives and Aliena is too intense and Alfred smashing all the statues didn't help. Tom was about to tell Johnathan who he really was until William attacked with tragic consequences

1x06 Witchcraft

Another interesting episode when Richard returns from war to find no money to support his knighthood and Aliena having to choose between her love for Jack and her oath to her father. Aliena,s marriage to Alfred didn't last long but giving birth to Jack's son in the tragic collapse of the church was nice

Ok I think we all know Jack is lost Prince's son but why hasn't Alfred's sister given the ring back. I know she has a crush on Jack but should have at least given to Aliena before she left.

Reply 11#11 gabsimom's post

That's has been bothering me too and now Aliena has given birth to Jack's son i was hoping the ring would go to him

1x07 New Beginnings

Good episode with the reunion of Aliena - Jack and son Tom and finding out who his father was great but a surprise. The statue was a nice touch and watching William run after a hit on the head was great but wasn't sorry to see him kill his mother

1x08 The Work Of Angels

Great finale episode with Aliena and Jack arguing about Richard and her marriage to Alfred. Elizabeth leaving William and helping Aliena was nice but Alfred being setup by Waleran to framing Jack was interesting and finally finding out that Waleran killed the lost Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 7-25-2010 17:30  
It's only eight episodes
Well it's a good thing I waited this week is going to be busy

Yippeeeeeeeeeee! It's on VIP now! Happy dance here..............

Reply 16#16 Teachergirl's post

i am planning to watch it next week .

Loved this from start to finish. I'm a big fan of period dramas.

yay, we also saw that it got put up. i don't think we've ever had a request granted so quickly. maybe it's time to ask for northern exposure again!
...the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me

Loved this from the beginning to the end!

22 12
Thread