80 1234
Thread
Printable Version

Sherlock Season 1-4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Sherlock Season 1-4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss Anything About Sherlock Here

[ Last edited by waterlilybarb at 1-16-2017 20:42 ]

A Study in Pink

This was a great start to this new show, I was not sure what to think of them updating the Sherlock Holmes & Dr. Watson characters but they did a great job, I loved the scene of Holmes & Watson chasing that Taxi, I'm glad they have already mentioned the Professor Moriarty and am interested to see if they bring it up again in the next episode, I cant wait for the next episode.

Reply 1#1 spratt89's post

I watched this and was absolutely enthralled. I have always been a fan of the 'Sherlock Holmes' genre, Basil Rathbone and Jeremy Brett being my favourites.  Very interesting setting it in modern day Britain although I think its a bit of a stretch to think a senior detective in the British police force would allow for such a collaboration.

I was pleased that they kept the way he explains his reasoning though I was waiting for those words 'Elementary my dear Watson'.  The little pop ups was an interesting addition too.  I look forward to future episodes and hope they continue to be 90 minutes long.  An excellent addition to my Sunday night veiwing
trulee - Red is better than Blue, We're the CHAMPIONS so it's TRUE!!

Reply 3#3 trulee's post

Episode 2 - The Blind Banker

This episode reminded me so much of the ones which starred Jeremy Brett.  Benedict Cumberbatch has captured sone of his/Holmes's charactristcs down to a tee.  It really could have ben set in Victorian London and played exacty the same, well with a few minor adjustments.  I am pleased the format is 90 minutes.  I look forward to the remaining episodes.
trulee - Red is better than Blue, We're the CHAMPIONS so it's TRUE!!

Episode 2 - The Blind Banker

This was a very good episode but not as good as the last one, I somehow doubt that lady Doctor is going to stick around considering she goes on 1 date with Watson and almost gets killed, I loved the scene of Watson complaining about Sherlock through a letter box while Sherlock was attacked inside the house, I was a little disappointed that Sherlock's brother did not make another appearance in this episode, I am looking forward to watching the Season 1 Finale tonight because Professor Moriarty will be revealed to all I hope.

Episode 3

Well I haven't watch other two but these comment made me interested in watching the final episode it was a good episode he still manages save most of those people and even i was impressed at challenges i figure most of them out half way but still need him to explain other half which was great.. The painting challenge was the best one because it almost got him stuck.

Reply 6#6 bala's post

Ive been saving these to watch all together when i have time

Reply 7#7 codebreaker's post

Each episode 90 minutes you would need 5 hours free

Reply 8#8 bala's post

It won't be this week then but maybe the weekend

Reply 9#9 codebreaker's post

i can't believe this has taken over our lives. Summer usually nothing much on but this summer loads things to watch.

Reply 10#10 bala's post

I can't believe how many good shows are on as well but trust me to get into the US big brother when i don't watch our own

Reply 11#11 codebreaker's post

your lucky you don't have usage limit

Reply 12#12 bala's post

That's true but have to download them before the links are dead so storage is a problem until i get to watch them

Reply 13#13 codebreaker's post

next month is even worse 15 new show plus all those returning shows

Sherlock renewed for a second series

Quote:
Sherlock producer Sue Vertue has confirmed that there will be a second series of the modern-day adaptation.

Speaking on BBC Breakfast, Vertue - who appeared with husband and show co-creator Steven Moffat - revealed that an agreement has already been made with the BBC.

"There will be more. We're having a meeting, just to sort of talk about how many and when really. Steven and Mark [Gatiss] are both busy," she said. "Obviously Steven is doing Doctor Who as well so it's just when we are going to do them."

Presenter Sian Williams asked Moffat why only three initial episodes had been commissioned, to which he replied: "They're 90 minutes long! Three 90-minute episodes, that's longer than a sitcom, stop complaining."

BBC head of drama Ben Stephenson recently warned that any episodes of the show will not air for "at least a year".

Sherlock ended its three-episode run on Sunday night watched by 7.3 million viewers.
Source

Episode 3: The Great Game

This was the perfect way to end the first season in my opinion, I did like all the games that were played especially the one about the Painting, I can admit that I never suspected Jim who appeared near the start to be Professor James Moriarty, I love the cliffhanger to this episode and I cant wait to see the second season when it returns, I thought that Benedict Cumberbatch did an excellent job of playing Sherlock Holmes over the 3 episodes.

Reply 16#16 spratt89's post

Did you know there is an unaired pilot episode now online

Reply 17#17 codebreaker's post

No I did not know that, I will have to look out for it

Reply 18#18 spratt89's post

It's a shorter version with some slight changes with the exception of the elaborate taxi chase which was left out off the unaired episode. I preferred the longer TV released episode because it had more details and wasn't rushed

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 12-30-2013 18:23 ]

1x02 The Blind Banker

Interesting and elaborated code using the London A to Z but the Chinese taking Watson and his date by mistake was amusing especially when Watson tried to explain their mistake

80 1234
Thread