Thread
Printable Version

Sherlock Season 1-4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

1x03 The Great Game

Another good episode with an interesting game of cat and mouse with the bomber but it's a shame there was only 3 but I'm glad they stayed with the hour and a half format

Reply 2#2 spratt89's post

Yes it was great start to the show him finding a flat mate in Watson was a surprise but i still can't believe after knowing him for less than a few hours he was willing shoot a guy to save his life.

Reply 20#20 codebreaker's post

Yes that was great but at least he promise the next date won't as exciting and she did come back to him in the next episode.

The 1st series

Just watched these 3 episodes.  Really enjoyed it, I am a huge literary fan of the Sherlock Holmes, not so much the movie or tv shows, though I do watch them if they happen to be on.  I thought they did a wonderful job on portraying Holmes and Watson's personalities to screen.  Looking forward to the 2nd series.

any idea when 2 series comes ??

Reply 25#25 oldcarlodk's post

Somewhere in 2011

Reply 25#25 oldcarlodk's post

it has now been pushed back to 2012

Sherlock Season 2 General Discussion (Spoilers)

Season 2 Premiers On January 1, 2012

Cant Wait

2x01 A Scandal in Belgravia

I was expecting a explosive start considering how last season finished but the mobile phone was amusing and that was a close call with the bed sheet at Buckingham Palace, Irene Adler text message alert was funny but identifying her from her body rather than her face was interesting and an even bigger surprise that shes not dead and wants dinner with Sherlock, the twist a the end was great

two words..... 'loved it'
hard work never killed anyone... but why take the risk.

Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

Yeah this was good start but come on you kind of knew something would happen to make it so they could continue with their adventure. There were quite a few amusing moment but you got love Irene Adler entrance what was the point of trying all those clothes on if that was what she was going to do and what smart way to tell him the combination of the safe. The mobile phone lock was amusing but given how obvious it was was amusing. I am happy she's alive as well .

The Hounds of Baskerville

Well i didn't find this episode good i figured it out it was some mental experiment messing with people senses so i was left rather disappointed by this episode.

Reply 7#7 bala's post

Dr Frankland helping them get back out of that secure facility was unusual but became obvious later and the lengths he went to make Henry think he was going made was impressive

Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss both announced on Twitter that a third series was in the works, and had been commissioned at the same time as Series 2.

The Reichenbach Fall

That was one hell of a season finale but i can't figured out how he faked it?

Reply 10#10 bala's post

the amount of theories online are brilliant like did Sherlock give Watson another dose of that drug from episode 2 and did Molly help fake his death, the bike knocking Watson down was planned Love It.

I will re-watch all 3 episodes to post my thoughts.

Reply 10#10 bala's post

Sherlock showing off to the judge was interesting and Moriarty using apps on his phone to do the crimes was amusing but that has got to be the best fake suicide ever

'Elementary': CBS develops 'modern-day Sherlock Holmes' pilot

CBS has picked up a new detective drama pilot, described as a modern-day take on Sherlock Holmes.

Elementary will transport Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's detective to present-day New York, according to Deadline.

The project has been devised and written by Medium scribe Rob Doherty, who will also executive produce alongside Justified 's Sarah Timberman and Carl Beverly.

BBC One drama Sherlock - which ended its second run on Sunday night - is also a contemporary update of Conan Doyle's stories, with Holmes (Benedict Cumberbatch) solving crimes in modern London.

Elementary was first announced in September, when Sherlock producer Sue Vertue used Twitter to remark on the similarity between the two projects.

She wrote: "Mmm interesting CBS, I'm surprised no one has thought of making a modern day version of Sherlock before, oh hang on, we have!"

The Sherlock series two finale pulled in 7.9m viewers for BBC One. The show has already been commissioned for a third series.

If picked up to series, Elementary will likely form part of the CBS 2012 fall schedule.

Source

I don't see how this will work because everything about Sherlock is British

Thread