Thread
Printable Version

Sherlock Season 1-4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Sherlock Season 1-4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss Anything About Sherlock Here

[ Last edited by waterlilybarb at 1-16-2017 20:42 ]

A Study in Pink

This was a great start to this new show, I was not sure what to think of them updating the Sherlock Holmes & Dr. Watson characters but they did a great job, I loved the scene of Holmes & Watson chasing that Taxi, I'm glad they have already mentioned the Professor Moriarty and am interested to see if they bring it up again in the next episode, I cant wait for the next episode.

Episode 2 - The Blind Banker

This was a very good episode but not as good as the last one, I somehow doubt that lady Doctor is going to stick around considering she goes on 1 date with Watson and almost gets killed, I loved the scene of Watson complaining about Sherlock through a letter box while Sherlock was attacked inside the house, I was a little disappointed that Sherlock's brother did not make another appearance in this episode, I am looking forward to watching the Season 1 Finale tonight because Professor Moriarty will be revealed to all I hope.

Episode 3: The Great Game

This was the perfect way to end the first season in my opinion, I did like all the games that were played especially the one about the Painting, I can admit that I never suspected Jim who appeared near the start to be Professor James Moriarty, I love the cliffhanger to this episode and I cant wait to see the second season when it returns, I thought that Benedict Cumberbatch did an excellent job of playing Sherlock Holmes over the 3 episodes.

Reply 17#17 codebreaker's post

No I did not know that, I will have to look out for it

Reply 25#25 oldcarlodk's post

it has now been pushed back to 2012

Sherlock Season 2 General Discussion (Spoilers)

Season 2 Premiers On January 1, 2012

Cant Wait

Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss both announced on Twitter that a third series was in the works, and had been commissioned at the same time as Series 2.

Reply 10#10 bala's post

the amount of theories online are brilliant like did Sherlock give Watson another dose of that drug from episode 2 and did Molly help fake his death, the bike knocking Watson down was planned Love It.

I will re-watch all 3 episodes to post my thoughts.

'Elementary': CBS develops 'modern-day Sherlock Holmes' pilot

CBS has picked up a new detective drama pilot, described as a modern-day take on Sherlock Holmes.

Elementary will transport Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's detective to present-day New York, according to Deadline.

The project has been devised and written by Medium scribe Rob Doherty, who will also executive produce alongside Justified 's Sarah Timberman and Carl Beverly.

BBC One drama Sherlock - which ended its second run on Sunday night - is also a contemporary update of Conan Doyle's stories, with Holmes (Benedict Cumberbatch) solving crimes in modern London.

Elementary was first announced in September, when Sherlock producer Sue Vertue used Twitter to remark on the similarity between the two projects.

She wrote: "Mmm interesting CBS, I'm surprised no one has thought of making a modern day version of Sherlock before, oh hang on, we have!"

The Sherlock series two finale pulled in 7.9m viewers for BBC One. The show has already been commissioned for a third series.

If picked up to series, Elementary will likely form part of the CBS 2012 fall schedule.

Source

I don't see how this will work because everything about Sherlock is British

Episode 1: A Scandal in Belgravia

This was a great season 2 premier, I loved how this episode started exactly where the last episode finished with Sherlock, Watson & Moriarty by a swimming pool which ended with everyone leaving alive after Moriarty got a phone call which peaked my interest as to who could of told Moriarty to step down, I found it funny how Sherlock went to a meeting with Watson wearing only a sheet, the scene when Watson punched and tackled Sherlock to the ground was hilarious, my favourite scene had to be of Sherlock & Watson meeting a naked Irene Adler for the first time because of the way they both reacted, I actually laughed every time Sherlock's phone went off making that noise, the scene with Watson & Mrs Hudson in the kitchen when a body landed on the bins outside made me laugh because of what Mrs Hudson said, I loved the entire interaction we got between Sherlock & Irene Adler in this episode and the way the episode ended was very interesting

Episode 2: The Hounds Of Baskerville

I found this to be a very enjoyable episode to watch, I couldn't help but laugh at watching Sherlock search his apartment looking for some cigarettes with Watson sitting down and watching the carnage unfold, I liked how one minute Sherlock had no interest what so ever in the case Henry Knight needed help with and then all of a sudden changed his mind, the scene of Watson saying to Sherlock that him giving that ID to look around Baskerville won't work only for them to be let in made me laugh because Watson still thinks Sherlock's plans won't work all the time when they do, I loved the scene of Watson & Sherlock walking in the Moors at dark because they both got spooked, It was a pleasant surprise to see Lestrade make an appearance and the comment about it being nice to get London out of his lungs was good, the scene of Watson hiding in a cage after being trapped in a lab with what he thought was that hound was brilliant because of how he acted afterwards, my favourite scenes however were of Sherlock figuring everything out and catching the bad guy in the Moors.

Episode 3: The Reichenbach Fall

This was a fantastic episode to end season 2 on, I liked how we started with Watson talking with his shrink which takes us into the story as to how we end up with Watson looking so upset, I loved how Moriarty ended up on trial and being found not guilty even though he was caught red handed trying to steal the diamond, the scene of Sherlock testifying was awesome because of how he knew everything about the jury, I was loving all the twists that went on in this episode with everything pointing towards Sherlock being guilty thanks to Moriarty and it made people doubt Sherlock, my favourite part of this entire season had to be the ending showdown between Sherlock & Moriarty on the Rooftop which ended with Moriarty killing himself & Watson witnessing what he thought was Sherlock falling to his death, I thought the back & forth interaction between Sherlock & Moriarty was better than ever before in this episode.

I cant wait to see Season 3 because I want to know how Sherlock faked his death.

I think I might go back and watch season 1 & 2 all over again before it airs

Thread