Thread
Printable Version

Sherlock Season 1-4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 1#1 spratt89's post

I watched this and was absolutely enthralled. I have always been a fan of the 'Sherlock Holmes' genre, Basil Rathbone and Jeremy Brett being my favourites.  Very interesting setting it in modern day Britain although I think its a bit of a stretch to think a senior detective in the British police force would allow for such a collaboration.

I was pleased that they kept the way he explains his reasoning though I was waiting for those words 'Elementary my dear Watson'.  The little pop ups was an interesting addition too.  I look forward to future episodes and hope they continue to be 90 minutes long.  An excellent addition to my Sunday night veiwing
trulee - Red is better than Blue, We're the CHAMPIONS so it's TRUE!!

Reply 3#3 trulee's post

Episode 2 - The Blind Banker

This episode reminded me so much of the ones which starred Jeremy Brett.  Benedict Cumberbatch has captured sone of his/Holmes's charactristcs down to a tee.  It really could have ben set in Victorian London and played exacty the same, well with a few minor adjustments.  I am pleased the format is 90 minutes.  I look forward to the remaining episodes.

OMG I cant wait for the new season.  Just finished watching the repeats of season 2 and the trailer ... tantalising!

Did anyone spot who was in the poster at the bus stop?

Thread