Thread
Printable Version

Offspring (Ten) General Discussion (Spoilers)

Offspring (Ten) General Discussion (Spoilers)

About the Show

Nina Proudman’s (Asher Keddie) career as an obstetrician is full of surprises; her ex-husband is an explosives expert who detonates to demonstrate his undying love for her; her family life is never short of emergencies; and Nina is the person everyone turns to for help in the midst of their crises.  Charting her way through the Proudman maelstrom, Nina is totally thrown off course when she meets dreamy new workmate Chris Havel.

Newly arrived in Melbourne, Chris Havel (Don Hany) is a paediatrician. From the moment he arrives in the neonatal ward, the spark between Chris and Nina ignites. He is everything she could ever want from a man. Chris is handsome and smart, gentle, calm and strong. The two of them seem made for each other. But Chris has a past that could destroy any hope for Nina.

Billie Proudman (Kat Stewart) is Nina’s unruly elder sister. An apprentice in their father’s real estate business, Billie is bold, brassy and incapable of lying. Once the wild child, Billie is now determined to put her wayward youth behind her and make something great of her life. If only she could convince her “on again, off again” boyfriend Mick (Eddie Perfect) to do the same.

Bright and vivacious, Cherie (Deborah Mailman) also has her feet on the ground. A nurse and friend of Nina, Cherie left the hospital to take up a position on the medical staff of a cruise ship. She returns to land- and to Nina’s world- on the verge of giving birth. Cherie’s life is about to become a whole lot more than she expected.

Following the Proudman family’s adventures searching for love, fulfillment and balance in the chaos of modern life, Offspring is about the life forces that drive us all: love, sex, babies, food and music. This life affirming series provides food for the soul as it examines the curses and the blessings that come with intricate family connections.

Stylistically fresh and visually exciting, Offspring mixes conventional narrative drama with flashbacks, graphic animation and fantasy sequences, showcasing the vibrant world of Fitzroy, Melbourne, where Nina and the extended Proudman family go about their unpredictable daily lives.
http://ten.com.au/offspring.htm

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 5-22-2013 08:56 ]

1x00 Pilot

This is a show with a difference but i thought when Cherie was giving birth and Nina realised who is the father of her baby was amusing but her ex is a psycho

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 8-23-2010 08:28 ]

Reply 2#2 codebreaker's post

do you have watch every single show in the world?

Reply 3#3 bala's post

One of the sites i use puts up the shows that air daily and if there is something new I'll give it a try

Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

I am surprise you get time watch it. i thought you were behind on some shows?

Reply 5#5 bala's post

I am but i normally catch up by the weekend

Episode 1

I'm not sure what Nina was trying to accomplish with that stupid police trap for he husband but her sister came good when her husband trapped her in the lift. Nina has some amusing thoughts and dreams

Episode 2

Nina's insecurities was amusing when asked to go nude in the birthing suite and I'm not surprised that Billie needed a shower after that cleaning job but what she wrote for Geraldine's online dating page was nice

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 8-16-2010 20:02  
This is a show with a difference but i thought when Cherie was giving birth and Nina realised who is the father of her baby was amusing but her ex is a psycho

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 8-23-201 ...
Well i don't think it's different it really similar being Erica with all voice-overs. The ex-husband is funny blow things up . this isn't a bad show but it's not a must-see as well. this fall in the middle.

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 8-24-2010 15:10  
I'm not sure what Nina was trying to accomplish with that stupid police trap for he husband but her sister came good when her husband trapped her in the lift. Nina has some amusing thoughts and dreams
If only she waited few more minutes he would turn up but i hope that's not end of him i have feeling he will return..

Reply 8#8 codebreaker's post

Yes her insecurities were amusing but at the same time they were normal think about that request it was a bit bit odd. Jimmy was great i love the fact that he and his girlfriend are excellent liars i mean that stunt they did with baby in shopping mall was funny . This show some great humour at times but i think that what makes it watchable but why do i think mother internet dating won't turn out so good based billie message ?

Episode 3

The naming Ceremony for Ray caused some problems for Nina and her sister but Nina was still devastated and tried her best to avoid Chris and Zara.

Reply 12#12 codebreaker's post

i hate you making me curious  about this show, this was good episode nina day dreams are always amusing and i like how we learn more each character as the episodes goes on. it's certainly different from show i normally watch.

Episode 4

Billie and Nina's text messages was funny, Darcy finding himself on a very "stiff" date was sad but she did look like she died happy and Billie's plan to make Mick jealous backfired when his old flame turned up. Nina's day dreams are are often the best part

Reply 14#14 codebreaker's post

Yes her day dreams are very amusing.

Darcy finding himself on a very "stiff" date was sad-that was awful shame we don't know what killed her

Episode 5

About time that Nina and Chris had their first kiss but arranging their first date was funny especially with her sister interrupting

Episode 6

Another good episode, Nina comparing condoms to toothpaste was different but can she get a break from all her drama to have a proper date with Chris and then to make thing worse a surprise from Chris' past

Episode 7

Nina getting flustered when her phone ring was amusing but i did feel sorry for the patient being examined, it did look like Jimmy was a lab rat for all the drug trials and what a colossal mistake Nina has made

Episode 8

I cant believe that Nina blurted out the truth about sleeping with Mick to Chris and Jimmy and Mick pretending to be gay was funny but now Chris's wife has turned up after so long what will Nina do next

Episode 9

Another funny episode with Nina still in shock after Alice's unexpected arrival and Billie changing the babies nappy was hilarious, their mother sleeping positions and herbal teas she gave her kids was crazy

Thread