Thread
Printable Version

No Ordinary Family Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

No Ordinary Family Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Powells are about to go from ordinary to extraordinary. After 16 years of marriage, Jim and Stephanie's relationship lacks the spark it once had, and their family life now consists of balancing work and their two children, leaving little time for family bonding. During a family vacation set up by Jim in an attempt to reconnect, their plane crashes into the Amazon River. But this is where the fun starts for the Powells, as they soon discover that something's not quite right.

Each of them now possesses unique and distinct superpowers. But saving and savoring their family life will be equally important, as they try to find purpose for their new powers and embark on a journey to find out what defines and unifies them. The Powells are a totally relatable family who happen to be a little bit amazing.

http://abc.go.com/shows/no-ordinary-family

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 9-11-2011 16:19 ]

Reply 1#1 codebreaker's post

Yes this was great first episode but i can't believe bad guy also had super powers. I was expecting that happen 4-5 episodes in.

Reply 2#2 bala's post

Great pilot episode but i wonder were their powers came from unless the bad guy had been were their plane crashed, Jim needs a lot more practice on his landings

Reply 3#3 codebreaker's post

no that doesn't make any sense i suspect because the mother is chemist we will later discovered that there seem some sort experiment and they just happen land in the place where dumped the the experiment either because it didn't work or that it needed human testing.

Episode 2

Another great episode i can't believe mother boss company was behind it

No Ordinary Family #1.03

Reply 5#5 bala's post

How crazy was he practicing of how to stop a car and JJ being accused of cheating with ( B -) he should have got the teacher to do something on the blackboard there and then

Reply 7#7 codebreaker's post

Yes but even when he proved he can solve problem using PhD knowledge the teacher refused to believe him

Reply 8#8 bala's post

I want to actually watch this show, but it comes on at the same time as NCIS.  We need to add it to VIP.  Sometimes I can catch the encore friday night but it still needs to be added to VIP.

I haven't figured out what the sons "power" is though.  I don't get the math thing....
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 9#9 arksongbird80's post

He has ability solve any complex problem in his head just by looking at it.

The power enhances his brain work things quickly like a computer.

Reply 10#10 bala's post

OH!  well.....it would be better if he could fly.

I'm just sayin'.....

Reply 11#11 arksongbird80's post

I think that power has been taken by dad.

You need understand this show trying not steal ideas from other show - the idea behind this show comes from Disney movie The Incredibles but for the more grown up audience.

Reply 12#12 bala's post

I've not seen The Incredibles but it does remind me of the Fantastic Four

No Ordinary Ring

Well getting robbed at wedding and what happens afterwards was great but he really learn how land properly because it's clear ones these days he going to fall on somebody

Reply 12#12 bala's post

I had no idea it was actually based on the incredibles.  I LOOOOOVE that movie. I always hoped for a sequel, but pixar doesn't do those often.  Except Toy story.  I mean really, just let the toys go.

Reply 15#15 arksongbird80's post

Think about all character

the 2 kids, the dad, the mother and iceman

Reply 16#16 bala's post

I'm with ya except for the Iceman part.  I haven't seen an episode in a couple weeks, so I've missed him.

Reply 17#17 arksongbird80's post

Yeah if you havn't figured it out here a clue

[ Last edited by bala at 10-14-2010 06:06 ]

Reply 18#18 bala's post

uhh oh!  your "clue" isn't visible.  

Reply 19#19 arksongbird80's post

well it was when i posted

Thread