Thread
Printable Version

Q&A: Questions & Answers (Ask Here)

Reply 200#200 tdcskp's post

When you are watching a show either free or VIP on the site http://vip.tv-video.net then you are offered two selections to view, either US or EU. However if you are using our free site, tv-video.net then yes, you are using the US server, and there is no choice in this matter. I hope this has cleared things up for you.
A Fine Member of the Mod  Squad!

Reply 201#201 dognxtdoor's post

Yes it has- thank you! I thought they were talking about some option I could change on my PC. I haven't tried to watch anything yet- I want to check out all the info on the site before I start watching so I will hopefully know what I'm doing. I have read/asked a lot on this, my first day. I appreciate all the help y'all have given me to make it a good experience. Very quick answers here. Think I'll try a show before I log out- thanks- see ya; tomorrow. On trying new things we gotta remember: EXPERTS BUILT THE TITANIC; AMATEURS BUILT THE ARK!

Reply 202#202 tdcskp's post

I was the same when I went onto VIP first. I was nervous about losing points so was initially really cautious about watching anything. However, what I did was watch free shows. Test out the water and then I understood how things worked before I started watching the VIP shows. Tip, don't login if you are watching free shows. You don't need to. Sometimes a glitch in the system will deduct points from you, but if you are logged out, that will not happen.

Tip, don't login if you are watching free shows. You don't need to. Sometimes a glitch in the system will deduct points from you, but if you are logged out, that will not happen. Best advice

points history

It would be nice to see a log of points taken along with the viewing history. Would that be possible?

If you want to get the 30 day thing will your points go back to the same amount you had before after the 30 days is up?

Reply 206#206 dannixx's post

it should

Watching the same episode twice.............

If you watch the same episode more than once on vip, do would you get points deducted each time? I was under the impression once you watched a new episode you can watch it as many times as you wanted again without loosing points....is this true?
.......On the inter-net ,  nobody knows your a dog.......

You are allowed 30 clicks on an episode within 24 hours. If you watch it again in the same day you should not get more points deducted but if it is after more than 24 hours then the 2 points will be taken again. (Also, glitches do occasionally happen and more points are taken when the 24 hours are not up.)
"You're on the ride, you might as well open your eyes!"

Quote:
Originally posted by meljones_83 at 4-10-2008 08:25 You are allowed 30 clicks on an episode within 24 hours. If you watch it again in the same day you should not get more points deducted but if it is after more than 24 hours then the 2 points will be ...
cheers for that. Im sure i read somewhere on the forum points would only be deducted once. hey ho.

Thumbs up............

What exactly do the 'thumbs up' icons mean in the top right hand corner of the post that appear when you have been awarded points in a competition............& why do some have more than others? Its not as obvious as it seems methinks.

Reply 211#211 iklemiracle's post

it just mean points have been award each thumb up represent 2 points

Quote:
Originally posted by bala at 4-10-2008 11:30 it just mean points have been award each thumb up represent 2 points
Ahaaaaaa - the penny drops. Cheers Bala

I know I've seen this in a thread somewhere, but I can't seem to find it again. What is the conversion rate for points earned here and VIP points? Is it 1forum point = 1VIP point? Also, do I need to have a minimum balance of points before I can convert, or is that just for Treasures?

Reply 214#214 linauri's post

Yes, 1 forum point = 1 VIP point. You need a minimum of 10 points to convert.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 215#215 waterlilybarb's post

Great! Thanks bunches!

Yeah, I'm just full of questions today I went to the game board and did the latest House quiz, but the pic didn't show up when I pasted the results. Someone said to preview the message and click "enabled html" to the left, but there was no "enabled html" when I tried that. Is there a certain level of membership I need or is my computer just wonky?

Reply 217#217 linauri's post

There is no House Quiz running at the moment and therefore cannot enter it.
The pen is mighter than the sword.

Reply 218#218 01torres's post

OK, not a quiz, a game. That "which character are you" kind of quizzy thing. Anyway, my question is still valid.

Reply 219#219 linauri's post

Are you looking in the right place? I checked the permissions for the different levels (found in MyZone at the top of the page) and it didn't indicate newbies couldn't use that feature. It should be one of the options right below the box of smilies on the left. If it's not there I'm not sure why. It's possible that it isn't available to newbies, but I think it is. Sorry I can't be more precise - I'm working on a few hours of sleep and an oncoming migraine, so please bear with me.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Thread