Thread
Printable Version

Q&A: Questions & Answers (Ask Here)

Reply #120 penny3760's post

Well, aren't you the cutie-pie! Glad you got it working, and nice to see you.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Stole 2 points

I was watching a VIP show.....it ended.....I switched to a few show and lost 2 points. Do I have to log out to watch a free show after I'm done watching a VIP show? Thanks Edited by lbjedward: We have checked your account and founded that you did not view Cold Case recently. Please check your viewing history in member's center.
Recent Ratings
  • keigleigh Points +2 A little satisfaction ;) 9-6-2007 01:45

Reply #122 Milks26's post

No milks26 you don't need to log out if you want to view a free show, Only in the VIP SHOWS you are requiered points. If you click an episode from the VIP zone that are requiered points you will lose 2 or 1 points for that episode , you can review that show during a time frame of 24 h with a 30 click limit for that same episode. To keep you satisfied here are your 2 points back

Reply #123 keigleigh's post

Thanks for your reply. But, because I lost 2 points (although it's only 2 points) I will sign out whenever I switch from a VIP to a free show

Reply #122 Milks26's post

Hi Is the viewing history in the Member Center updated daily or what? I found the Cold Case episode I viewed : (927399 Cold Case Season 1 7 2007-09-05 23:13:30 199.74.8.3) And, after I was done watching all the episodes of The Shield (6th season) I started watching another Cold Case episode between 7:45 - 8pm (Season 3....9th episode) and that episode is not listed in my Viewing History. Anyway, thanks for credited my 2 points .

Can someone tell me what is reading access 10 means? I think I also saw someone with reading access 20. Thanks,

Reply #126 anorocle's post

Funny, I just asked this question in another thread. Can't wait to find out!

Reply #126 anorocle's post

Mods are allowed to set a reading access on any thread that they make, the higher yours is, the higher the level of threads you are allowed to read. For the most part, they don't put any reading access on though. It's to keep undesirables from getting into places they shouldn't. Hope that helps both of you.
Peace - through superior firepower

Size of videos

Hi there, New to the site, I just got a VIP membership and I was wondering what the approximate file size was for the videos on the website? I just wanted to know how much I am downloading when I watch an episode of something. I know that some of the free shows are about 60 megabytes. But it seems that the VIP shows are different? I tried searching but couldn't find this answer anywhere else, sorry if it's already been explained.

Reply #129 noonien's post

You're not actually downloading, so it shouldn't really matter. We do not encourage or support downloading on this site.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

hi i keep getting the below message and getting my points deducted. someone please help. parameter settings error! access declined. this operation has been recorded by the system.

"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting."
E. E. Cummings

I was just wondering why all of a sudden I'm asked to log in before every episode that I watch. I use to just log in once and watch a bunch, but it's different now. Can anyone explain why? Thanks

Just wondering do VIP viewing points ever expire?

Reply #134 Hiscoolness's post

No they dont as they dont have an expiry date.
trulee - Red is better than Blue, We're the CHAMPIONS so it's TRUE!!

Hi

Do you need broadband to be able to watch the shows. A friend of mine wants to become a VIP member but she is afraid that she will have a lot of problems watching the shows because she doesn't have a fast internet connection. Will she be able to watch the shows using a slow internet connection? Thanks Penny
Love starts with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a tear.

So i did not see if this was answered already. but when you get points converted, do they still show up on record somewhere that you earned them? like does the credits number always go up and you just lose points when you transfer them, or the other way around?

VIP membership

So it says to become a VIP member you have to be active in the forum... does that mean that after one post I'm considered active? If not one, how many?

Active meaning, Making meaningful posts and taking part in forum activities such as quizes. Start here: http://www.friendvista.com/forum ... =681&extra=page%3D1 Then go here: http://www.friendvista.com/forum ... 1934&extra=page%3D1

Reply #136 penny3760's post

Penny, I dont believe its necessary to have broadband but certainly recommended. On a slow connection such as dial-up, you would have a lot of buffering time, possibly making it quite annoying to watch anything. I would recommend your friend test one of the free shows on the VIP channel to see how their connection would affect their viewing.
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting."
E. E. Cummings

Thread