Thread
Printable Version

Q&A: Questions & Answers (Ask Here)

how do I become a VIPmember

How do I become a VIP member?

Reply #161 osgood5150's post

There are 2 ways. 1st way is to make a donation. 2nd way is by participating on the forum. here is a thread that explains everything. http://www.friendvista.com/forum ... =826&extra=page%3D1

Is anybody looking into if the Christmas episodes of Doctor Who can get put on the site? Just wondering

Reply #163 adminchuck's post

They've been requested, but I don't know what the verdict is. Lots of folks...pretty much all of the Dr. Who fans...would love to see them here. Maybe one day.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

How do i view The L Word?

The L Word has been moved to the VIP section but it says that normal members are still able to watch it but i can't find it, any idea why i can't find it or why i can't view it? And when will i be able to if i have to wait for it to be loaded? x

Reply #165 er_my_nee's post

When shows are moved from free VIP, it can take a couple of weeks for them to be loaded onto the tv-video.net site. This is due to the different formats/codes used. I would ask for your continued patience or you can get some forum points which you can convert. That way you can continue to watch on the VIP channel. Check out the links below. Welcome & Introduce Thread Games Forum
trulee - Red is better than Blue, We're the CHAMPIONS so it's TRUE!!

Normal members will be able to view it once it has been put up on www.tv-video.net. This might take a while though, I'm not sure when it will be up. Meanwhile, if you don't want to make a donation, why don't you participate in the forum to earn some points? Start by introducing yourself here Then try the gateroom for links to quizzes/games that can earn you points.
"You're on the ride, you might as well open your eyes!"

loading slow

Why is it taking the shows forever to load!!!!

Reply #168 TanyaMitchell_0's post

Probably because of traffic, I know its a bit of a bugbear. You could also make sure you dont have any unnecessary applications open at the same time.

Reply #169 trulee's post

Hi How do I pm multiple users? I tried using a (,) comma to separate the users name but it did not work. thanks

Question

I've asked this before, and forgive me if it's been answered, but how come sometimes when I open RealPlayer (with the logo) I get the box that doesn't show how far it's loaded? I get the one with just a line...other times I get the good one where I can see how much of the show has loaded. I can't figure out why it isn't consistent. Any ideas? p.s. This sometimes occurs during one viewing after a time out, so it's not me messing around with my RP settings.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

authentication failed?

Please can you tell me what "Authentication Failed" means? Do I have to authenticate something or be authenticated myself! Help

Reply 172#172 batesy39's post

It would help to know what function you were performing when this happened to be able to answer the question. If you had just made a donation to the site, it may mean that your payment authentication hasnt gone through as expected. Try clicking the live CS button and explain your query there they maybe able to assist you. Its online now if you'd like to try.

Reply 173#173 trulee's post

Thanks for answering me. I am a true newbie! I think I have sent a mess thro the live cs button also. The message "authenication failed" comes up in red, just below the words VIP CHANNEL BOARD >MORE on the left hand of the screen, when for example I try to watch Desperate Housewives 2, Sopranos 2, Ugly Betty 1. But when my kids watch any of the Simpsons, no message comes up and everything is hunky dory. I Don't think it has anything to do with my donation, as I was able to use a few points up watching before this started to happen. Any top tips really welcomed. Thanks Bates

Reply 174#174 batesy39's post

The "Authentication Failed" to the left of the screen seems to be a by product of our migration to a new forum and maybe from our server switch. It has no affect of the viewing of the shows as that space previously showed the most recent posts on the forum here. It has been brought to the attention of Admin and is being looked into. As for top tips, lets see... If you have a problem viewing a show and its not to do with the setings of your computer, always check the online live CS button. Very often if there is a problem with the show itself, they can have it attended to much more quickly than posting about it on the forum. Above all enjoy the shows you watch and post your comments about them on the forum.

a few questions

This is my first time posting I just had a few questions 1. My first time donation was the 100 points for $10 but I soon realized I burned through that way too fast so I donated $30 for unlimited viewing last month when that expired I tried to use the points I still have from the 100 points and it would not allow me to use them stating that I did not have enough point to view. Is there a way I can use my remaining points while I'm waiting for my unlimited to kick back in? 2. Because I'm dumb I sat here and tried to remember my security question for logging in here, I must have tried every possible combination. I gave up hope and registered a new login oberleja13. after doing so I realized since this is my first time trying to post... I didn't have a security question.... so how do I delete the new login? 3. This new login I created has 5 credits 4 points and 4g its maybe an hour old and I've never posted on it how? 4. Finally is my Avatar acceptable or must I change it?

Reply 176#176 oberleja's post

In answer to your questions in order:- 1. My suggestion would be to first of all try using the online CS on the VIP site. Let them know you had residual points from a previous donation that you would like to use while your $29, 30 day viewing comes back into effect. If you have your original paypal transaction id that will help them locate the donation details. If that is not successful, send a PM to lbjedward detailing your request. 2. If you send a PM to lbjedward he can arrange for the cancelation of the new login, again just give the details. 3. The 5 credits, 4 points & 4Gs are rewards all newly registered members get on signing up. Things have changed since your original registration. 4. Regarding your avatar, we are a family site and I'll quote from the Rules of the forum,
Quote:
These are public boards, so act like you would if you were in a public place, friendvista.com reserves the right to choose the guidelines of objectionable content, any material that is knowingly false or defamatory, misleading, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, racist, sexist, profane.......
If you could change/amend it as soon as possble, that would be great.

Medium

I was just wondering if the show Medium will become available for viewing? Thanks!

Reply 178#178 Jennyjenjen's post

It will be available to view on the site from January 1st 2008 - Enjoy.

WHERE ARE ALL THE NEW EPISODES

There has been a very poor episode updates for weeks now.............how much of this is to do with writer strikes? Shurely the lack of new shows cannot be totally attributed to that . VIP tv seems to have stalled in providing new shows. Whats going on? When will normal service resume?

Thread