Thread
Printable Version

House Season 7-8 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 5#5 arksongbird80's post

I found the episode quite entertaining.  If 13 is leaving (well, sheappears to be gone for now), I wonder if we'll get a new team member.  A bit of estrogen is necessary amongst all that testosterone - and Wilson doesn't count.

He reminded me of Winnie the Pooh when he got stuck in Rabbit's house. LOL!
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

I'm liking Martha more.  House hiding his ideas from was entertaining, but the fact that she's basically a genius is awesome, especially since her moral compass points directly opposite to House's.  She makes a great foil and comes up with just as implausible, though correct diagnoses.  Her need to tell the patients EVERYTHING is going to cause her problems though.  Sometimes, it's better they don't know all the gory details - some patients like to be blissfully ignorant.  I'm not one of them, but I know many who are.

Wilson & Sam with the little girl was a sweet side story, and showed another side of her.  I don't know that she's ready for parenthood (Wilson is - he's been a surrogate father to House for years lol), but if she IS going to have a kid, she'd better get on it soon.  I can see the expiry date on her eggs from here. lol

Reply 27#27 bala's post

Actually, Taub was correct - she is having an emotional affair with another man.  There's nothing wrong with her going to a support group, or even having someone to talk to about the problem, but the personal things she's sharing with a man who isn't her husband are TOO personal.  It creates a level of intimacy that should be restricted to the marriage.  I don't know whether their marriage will survive, but if they can start talking to each other they have a chance.

Poor Wilson.  He just doesn't get it, and now he's lost Sam...again.  I knew House was lying when he apologized to Cuddy.  I hoped he wasn't, but that's his nature.  You may have been the only one expecting to him to propose.

Reply 34#34 bala's post

I liked the epi, and thought it made House (inadvertently) get closer to Rachel.  The thing that was a little off-putting was how quickly & easily she learned how to lie.  Either that's House's influence, since he has spent time with her before (remember the quarter? lol) or the kid is going to be a sociopath.  Little kids generally don't lie so well.

The subplot with Chase was amusing, and I think gave him a wake-up call that he WAS being a man-whore.  I don't like him like that, so am hoping he'll grow up and be a decent guy again.

Reply 70#70 bala's post

I knew Amber was leaving, but I like the way they wrote her out.  I liked that Chase gave her the advise not to work for House, based on his experience of the way it changed him.  I also enjoyed that the show ended with her leaving and the music playing was that familiar version of "You Can't Always Get What You Want", which is usually played to reflect House's feelings.  Well done.

I'm delighted Thirteen is back too, but found it sad that she had to kill her brother, and also a little good that House said he'd do the same for her when the time came.  I'm not a proponent of suicide or assisted suicide, but I understand where that comes from w/regards to a disease like Huntington's.

Reply 81#81 bala's post

The car clipped Wilson, which is why he was injured.  Since they were eating, it could have been supper, which would explain why it was starting to get dark.  I didn't find it hard to follow at all, and thought it was a good season finale.  House looks like he's in Mexico or something, so I'm definitely curious to see how next season begins, especially since Cuddy said she wants him arrested if he enters the hospital.

Reply 83#83 bala's post

I didn't see the car clip him, but to me, the way he was holding his arm it looked like that's what happened.  

Thread