Thread
Printable Version

Hot in Cleveland Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Hot in Cleveland Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

About Hot in Cleveland

Hot in Cleveland revolves around three fabulous L.A. women of a certain age who are best friends (Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves and Wendie Malick). Their lives are changed forever when their plane -- headed to Paris for a girls-only celebration -- unexpectedly lands in Cleveland and they soon rediscover themselves in a new 'promised land'. Loving their new home, the women find themselves living under one roof and battling the sassy caretaker (Betty White) of the property they have rented.

http://www.tvland.com/shows/hot-in-cleveland

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 9-11-2011 22:39 ]

Reply 1#1 codebreaker's post

Well not a bad first episode i admit this might not be my taste in comedy but it's very watch able just for the lines the actor says. Who would thought they find out they attractive when landing in Cleveland but felt bad the guy was married when hitting on them.

So i now watched the episode these women really know how get themselves into all sort of trouble but the season final episode is missing

I am in the race

Pilot

I liked it, but I might be biased as being originally from the "Paris of Ohio"

It was great seeing Betty White, there is something about her that is so funny, and to see her as a pot smoking, Nazi escaping, smart mouth woman in her 80's was just too funny

I am in the race

pretty standard sitcom, but I agree with sanggye, Betty White is just too funny, might be worth watching just because of her

I am in the race!

This show is hilarious.  I saw the first episode twice and I laughed so hard both times.  Betty White is amazing.   I love this show.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."  Adam Savage

I am in the race

Betty White is amazing and i have watched this episode twice and laughed both times

1x01

ohio, the heart of it all! here's a native ohioan and i happen to hail from "the paris of ohio"! now all they need is a bowling alley and it'll be heaven. we're watching the rest of this as soon as we have a free second and betty white does rock (too bad she's from illinois - we'd claim her in a heartbeat though )

we're in the race
...the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me

Reply 8#8 sddvasquez's post

Hey sddvasquez, what part of Toledo?  I am from the Trilby area?

Reply #9 sanggye's post

too freaky! i had to look up trilby (but i know where whitmer hs is). i was born at st. vincent's but grew up mostly in perrysburg. did you go to high school there?

i am in the race

thought this was really funny need a new sitcom to watch lol
hard work never killed anyone... but why take the risk.

Reply 10#10 sddvasquez's post

Off and on, moved around a lot as a teenager( 6 high schools, 4 states) Went to both Whitmer and St Francis (although briefly, all guy Catholic school and I didn't get along) lived in Perrysburg from age 2-6.  Born at Toledo Hospital

Reply #12 sanggye's post

wow, that's rough! you know you can handle anything if you can survive toledo! i was visiting family last summer and it's like a ghost town now. can't believe what a toll the recession has taken on the place. one of my four brothers made it through st. francis and i, amazingly, made it through notre dame (more time in detention than out and of course i dated from our "brother school", st. john's, instead of you guys). ah toledo - where else would think that two all-girls and two all-boys catholic high schools is normal? (it also has a co-ed catholic high school too, if anyone was wondering. one of my sisters graduated from there when she couldn't hack the all-girls system!)

Racing to this finish

This was not my kind of show at all. I agree that Betty White was good but I don't like all the canned laughter and I didn't actually find it that funny, although comedy isn't usually my thing anyway.
Probably my least favourite show of the race so far, but at least it was a short one!

Reply 13#13 sddvasquez's post

Yea it is horrid there, went back a few years ago, was working at the Art Museum, 9 months later 17 of us had our jobs eliminated.  So many friends of mine have been laid off from various factories.  After 4 months of Job looking, eventually left Ohio again.  Though it seems like everywhere else I have been since then it is just as hard to find employment.

I remember attending one of St. Francis' Dances with I think St Ursula.

[ Last edited by sanggye at 10-10-2010 20:53 ]

Hot In Cleveland Season 2 General Discussion (Spoilers)

Season 2 Premiered January 19, 2011

Discuss Anything About Season 2 Here

2x01 Free Elka

The ladies doing a garage sale to raise the money for Elka's bail was amusing but Melanie's cop boyfriend keeps arresting her friends was priceless

Reply 2#2 codebreaker's post

Melanie's cop boyfriend keeps arresting her friends was priceless but Elka one liners were what really stole the episode . The comic timing in this show is rather good

2x02 Bad Bromance

That was funny when Elka looked at her watch while she had a bottle in it and managed pour a drink at the same time but Joy's attempt at fooling the immigration lawyer was crazy and Melanie finding out Hank the first guy she pulled is Pete's brother which was great especially when Elka let the cat out of the bag

Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

Yeah but like she said he would of found out eventually

Thread