39 12
Thread
Printable Version

Fringe Season 3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

3x01 Olivia

Hmmm, it was interesting.  I don't know what to think really.  Olivia is in there, but will she be pretty much gone and will we be concentrating on Bolivia? And will there be "monster of the week" fringe cases where we have no contact with the alternate world with Olivia?  Even with all the action, I find it kind of slow.

Reply 5#5 bala's post

Well first it gives Peter more of an emotional edge to figuring it out, then she would have to explain how she got the box.

My gripe;  other Olivia knows little about this world Olivia and it wasn't till this episode that she gets the files and stuff, so how has she for two weeks been able to pull off being the other.  I am sorry, but this is the biggest problem I have with body swap stories, in my life when someone I know is going through something I can see it.  There is no way that the two have the same mannerisms, attitudes and such, let alone all the cultural differences between the two worlds.  As observant as Peter is and also Broyles, you think they would have a little suspicion.

Also awful nice that the gun shot wound took it's time on starting to bleed, you would think that a body would start bleeding right away.

The Plateau

Good episode, I think I like the Olivia we all know episodes.  The truck slowing down and him jumping right on it without looking was cool.  It seems like the alternates in the fringe division are figuring out about the switch.

Reply 11#11 angel-87's post

Knowing her, it's more than her subconscious. Well the sensory deprivation chamber is going to be interestingm as that is where she first discovering who she was and so

Reply 15#15 bala's post

Yea love the the Philip K Dick reference.  I think she is coming to care for some of the people and might even be realizing that they are not trying to destroy her universe, and I think Peter is getting close and does realizes, just doesn't want to believe it.

Reply 17#17 bala's post

The MD lab is cool, but I am going to miss his old lab

Reply 24#24 bala's post

Well she knows, but is in denial, if she knew for sure, she would be working her butt off to getting back.

Reply 27#27 bala's post

I enjoyed Walter and Nina taking their prescribed medicine    Well the alternate Olivia is slowly killing of the alternate agents, soon she will be that only one on that side.  Can't wait to next week, hopefully the right Olivia will be back in her right Universe, then she is going to have to fight to prove who she is.

Reply 29#29 codebreaker's post

Yea, I loved seeing Astrid do more and be more especially as her alternate is like a human computer

3x07 The Abducted

Liked that Broyles, let Olivia go.  And finally, Peter knows something is up.  Come on, how can someone not know about Casablanca, especially someone as intelligent as Olivia
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Reply 32#32 bala's post

You know the Bogart is in it right?  Not Ronald Reagon?
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Reply 34#34 bala's post

Well to each their  own I say, but you are missing out on some great stories

Reply 37#37 bala's post

Ok, a little behind here, like that alternate Broyles help Olivia escaped, a shame he was killed for it though.  Peter believing the phone call was also cool

JJ Abrams

Quote:
i love fringe but i do think jj abrams wanted to create a mixture of alias and lost so he came up with the idea of fringe.
Never having seen Alias (though I have the whole 1 st season on DVD and have read only the recaps) and only watching some of Lost, maybe I am missing something, In 2010, the last season of Lost, dealt with alternate world ,this is ove a year after Fringe began. But I see almost no similarities between the shows.  The idea of alternate universes goes back over 1000 years in scientific theory and physics.  In fiction (not counting religious stories of Heaven, Hell, Valhalla, Asgard, and so on), like the book "1 thousand and 1 nights" ( which is about 1000 years olds, has a story about multiple universes similar to our own).  many, many fiction books have used the theory, also movies (the One) and yes tv shows, Sliders, is my favorite, but Dr Who, Star Trek, Stargate series, even Family Guy... many many shows, so yes JJ Abrams got the idea of Alternate Universes from someone else, but it wasn't Lost or Alias

Reply 48#48 babysexylexy's post

Sorry, just needed to say that Lost wasn't original at all.     Back on Fringe, the idea of a world that differs in just a few ways, even the same people are also common.  The "What-if.."  If a decision was made that was different, so in the Fringe Alternate, instead of the airplane being mass produced, they look like they had never had a problem with the Hindenburg, which kept the production of Zeppelin going.

Reply 50#50 bala's post

Maybe, he is probably nicer and friendlier and less argumentative

Quote:
Originally posted by bala at 12-10-2010 06:13  
Well wow talk about bring a dead person back to life but human puppet was rather disturbing to see. Shame she didn't survive . Look like Olivia has some problem adjusting but blaming Peter at end was awful it's not his fault he could tell.
I see where Olivia has a point, he should have been able to tell that she was different.  It would have been different if he didn't know of alternate people, but he did.

Quote:
Originally posted by babysexylexy at 12-10-2010 07:28  
and the watchers are back ooooo
They have always been there, in every episode.  It's like playing "Where's Waldo?"

This is a good site devoted to that

Reply 56#56 bala's post

He didn't kill her, he wanted Bishop to save her life over Peter's.  It was nice seeing Christopher Lloyd.

And check the Fringe news section for links to the tracks of Violent Sedan Chair's music

Reply 61#61 bala's post

I was starting to think it was Nina, though I wasn't surprised either about Peter.

39 12
Thread