Thread
Printable Version

Game of Thrones Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

I have seen the whole season and it was Fabulous.  Daenery rising from the ashes with the dragons was absolutely great. Who knew the eggs would actually hatch.    I enjoyed both the theatrical and practical side of it.  Drago had to die so she would be in place to go against Joeffrey.  I mean, seriously that kid needs to die.   I hate that Ned Stark died, but it may have been the Cataclismic moment to move everyone forward.  I'm thinking (having not read the books) that the next season is about the war.  Ari will end up at the wall and Snow will take care of her.  The only one who's fate is really up in the air is Sasha.  That chick being under the Crazy King Jeoffery there's no telling what will happen.  Hmmm  I can totally understand why Jon Snow had such a hard time with his vow.  Family or Duty.  I would have picked Family.  In the end, blood is what matters, but I've never been in that position.

The entre season got a 9.  A 10 if they would have Jon Snow take off his Shirt, &/OR NED stark lived.    either way, fantastically done.
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Quote:
Originally posted by sanggye at 7-21-2011 08:30  
I hate waiting for season 2.
I couldn't agree more.  We have to wait til Next year to boot.  UGH!  SoOOO long.

I'm with bala in trying to keep up with all the various characters!.    I want to see more of Cersai.  The queen and her dragons.  Jofferey is still a prick but so glad the "hand of the king" is pulling some of his weight.  Obviously the queen hates him or resents him or something.

Arya's story is very good.  I rather enjoy it alot.  So far Cersai and Arya's are my fav...

what is dead may never die

It's a good episode when I don't have to look at Joffery!  

Sasha looks so forlorn (which she should be) but being so hateful to the handmaiden wasn't very smart on her part. She needs to start playing the game not being a mouse.

Aria as always was great.  Kids got guts to spare.

Momma stark was fabulous telling them her son was fighting a war not playing at one.  She put that "king" in his place.  He's gay, his wife knows and even offered to share with her brother.   Creepy.

Grey joys at the beach are just a nuscience and their story is worthless.  

Reply 26#26 gabsimom's post

She isn't very pretty is she?  The greyjoy's girl...

Reply 28#28 bala's post

Nahhh Pretty is pretty but she's ...well....not.

Can't fault you for truth my friend.  

Reply 31#31 bala's post

I agree.  The prick will get what's comiing to him!  He sucks. Well he is the child of insest!  Those kids can be crazy!

Reply 33#33 bala's post

yeah the birthing was a bit......creepy!!  didn't care of it.  She proclaims to be a priestess of light, but her "who who" birthed a black smoke thing!     uhhh oh.

So glad that the Barathians have food and water now.....she'll show them!

Reply 36#36 bala's post

i have a hard time recapping this show because I don't know the 100+ characters!!  

Some fo-king died!  Oops. Lol.
The girl knight hooked up with momma stark!  Well done
NO Joffrey so I'm happy.
Aria was just great.   Always!
The snow kid in the snow was .... Idk.  Weird
The midget!!!!   LOVE him. All the time

A man without honor

This was another great episode.   Is that the stark boy at the end if the rope?  And the guy that took winter fell is crazy!  Out of his mind.  Wow!

Calese shouldnt be surprised the big black guy killed everyone for power.  He told her over and over how he came from nothing and now is the richest man In quarth.   

The stark girl ( idk names :/). Becoming a woman would be very scarey if that ment lying with Joffrey.  He's not right in the head.

Reply 44#44 bala's post

This epi was pretty boring until the last 5 mins or so.   The sister brother convo was weird and touching.  Creepy family.  Jofferey is a moron!  Like he can kill anyone.  Not sure what's going on with the "snow" boy.   

Ehh whole thing was blah.   I saw the trick coming with arie calling the assassins own name.  Haha. Idiot should have known better!

Cersai's story need to speed up....

[ Last edited by arksongbird80 at 5-21-2012 08:16 ]

Reply 54#54 bala's post

I can't imagine why sansa wouldn't leave with the hound and go home. It's obviouse for whatever reason he will protect it.  Given the opportunity and having seen what's she's been around, I would think she would RUN!  

I hope the imp doesn't die.  He's great.  

The lannisters have secured their place on the throne. I guess the next wave of attack will come from Calesee and her dragons....Next season I would imagine.

Reply 57#57 bala's post

IDK who the ice king was.  He looked alot different than the other "walking dead' so I'm thinking he must be the original or something like that.  I feel bad for the fat kid who's going to surely die and turn into a dead walker.    Poor thing.

Khaleesi bringing vengence upon those who smited her! HAHAHAHAHAH  The control over the dragons was well done and locking the imposter into the vault was nice!  Shame about the servant.  She should have aligned herself better!  I knew she would get her dragons.  Their fire was impressive though.

Winterfell burned and greyjoy is gone.  Poor little lords.  They are going to the nights watch only to find out Jon Snow isn't there
I had such high hopes for Sansa.  I thought when he threw her over for the ambitious one, that would mean she would feel like she could escape which she did.  Only she thought he would let her go.  SIlly girl:  Your king is crazy as hell!  LOL    Maybe she will take the guy up on his offer to get her home.  Why doesn't she feel like she can go to winterfell???  I missed that.

Rob Stark marrying the girl is not going to go well.  He gave his word!    The guy who's daught he's suppose to marry is going to  be MAD!!!  

TRUE BLOOD!!!  bring it on

Reply 62#62 bala's post

we know that, but does she?!?

Reply 14#14 bala's post

That was freaking awesome.  I've always like Daenery's the best.  She kept her cards close to the vest.  I actually saw the dragon move, especially the way she handed it to him.  Speaking the native tongue was a surprise but an excellent one.

It's any wonder the nights watch went beserk with hunger!  I would have too.  The fat old leecher deserved to die.     Sorry about the leader though.  I liked him.

I hope Sansa is going to be okay.  She just keeps being used.

[ Last edited by arksongbird80 at 4-22-2013 15:41 ]

the rains of castamere

Well we've killed half of the characters that I liked.  :\. The ending of the season is not going as I planned.  It wasn't surprising, he was very angry over what Rob did.     It does open the door for khalesee.   What happens to the little girl now?  So close and then to lose everyone....  

Reply 27#27 codebreaker's post

I couldn't agree more.  I know people thought this was a lame ending, but really its only the middle of the book.  We've got more to go.

I don't know how much more sansa will be able to handle.  Poor thing.  

So glad Jaime is home again.  It makes for new stories with his sister.

The lion and the rose

A lot happened in this episode but the ending was by far the best!    I think the fool may have been victorious!  So great.... Yay

And here I thought there was suppose to be an abundance of dragons in this season.  

I didn't receive that.....

Still a great season.  Love the fight on the wall.   

"I need ghost more than I need you"

Thread