135 1234567
Thread
Printable Version

Face Off General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Face Off General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss Anything About Face Off Here

Face Off is a competition/elimination series exploring the world of special-effects make-up artists and the unlimited imagination that allows them to create amazing works of living art. The contestants are tasked with elaborate feature challenges including executing full body paint make up on models and creating their own horror villain. Not only will the show incorporate effects make-up, it will include a wide range of skill sets including prosthetics, 3-D design, sculpting, eye enhancers, casting and molding. Each episode involves incredible reveals of the competitors' finished work, and the drama of one contestant being sent home by the panel of expert and celebrity judges. It all culminates in one winner and one grand prize that will launch a career.

To determine who emerges victorious, Syfy has signed three-time Academy Award winner Ve Neill (Pirates of the Caribbean, Edward Scissorhands) and Hollywood veterans Glenn Hetrick (Heroes, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The X-Files) and Patrick Tatopoulos (Underworld, Independence Day, Resident Evil: Extinction) as Face Off's judges.

Face Off is a production of Mission Control Media with Michael Agbabian and Dwight D. Smith serving as executive producers. Face Off is set to debut January 2011 on Syfy.

Click Here For The Face Off About

Click Here To Watch Face Off on VIPTV.net

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-2-2015 15:03 ]

1x01 Welcome To The Jungle

Not what i would normally watch but i do like what the special-effects make-up artists can do and to turn it into a competition is impressive and their first challenge had some great effects like the elephant man

1x02 Naked Ambition

I was surprised that Frank was safe after his poor lift body art and photo plus his lazy work on the tattoo but my favourite was Tom's with the model at the bottom of the stairs

1x03 Out Of This World

Another poor effort from Frank and his partner Anthony this week but when he had a go at Anthony i knew his time was up, Jo and Conner's was great

1x04 Bad To The Bone

Gage and Marcel forget the crucial step of "releasing," or lubricating their molds so that the life cast of the model's face pops out was amusing and Jo who has never run silicone before makes a flawless mold which was impressive

1x05 Switched And Hitched

What an amusing challenge to transform engaged couples but with a difference change him to her and vise verse but Jo and Joe's was horrible

1x06 The Dancing Dead

The zombie challenge was impressive but when McKenzie serves up a twist that all of the zombies will be dancers and will be performing a choreographed routine in front of the judges which made the challenge even harder, nice result for Tate but surprised Megan wasn't sent home

1x07 Family Plot

I'm not surprised Megan was sent home because she has been skating on thin ice for a while but after her mom walked in i think there was a glimmer of recognition in her eye which defeated the challenge

1x08 Twisted Tales (finale)

It was obvious that the finale challenge was going to be hard but after a couple of mishaps they all were impressive and it was nice to have the help from the eliminated contestant's and Conor winning was a great result

2x01 Return To Oz

Interesting challenge with them having to redesign four characters from The Wizard of Oz and you have to fell sorry for Tara who had to create a fully realized Scarecrow all by her lonesome but the ladies beating the guys made a nice change, Greg being the first to leave was what i expected

2x02 Water World

What an interesting challenge were the artists must base a character on a sea creature but with a twist their characters will be submerged in a water tank which makes the challenge that much harder and some of the finished models in the water was impressive

2x03 Rock Your Body

What an interesting Foundation Challenge, a relay race where teams of three will have to build a character, inspired by the special effects contact lenses of their assigned model, without conferring with one another on their vision and the winner, Beki will go into the Spotlight Challenge with full immunity and what a challenge it was, in only six hours, the contestants must body paint two models (one camouflaged into the backdrop), to create an image worthy of an album cover. How unfortunate that with minutes left on the clock, Brea's model starts to get lightheaded and passes out so being given a new model and another six hours she has to work through the night to catch up

2x04 Night Terrors

When the list of phobias appears on the wall i was as confused as some of them but what a way to pick your subject for the next challenge, Beki was working fast and furious which impressed the judges and after seeing what Brea had done with the teeth of her creature were out-of-place I'm not surprised she was the one to go home but i think Jerry was lucky not to go home

2x05 Dangerous Beauty

Nice guest appearance from Josh Radcliff AKA Sam Huntington from Being Human (US) and he was the right person to judge the werewolf attacks from playing one week after week, what Beki did to Sue because she had immunity was uncalled for but Athena going was unfortunate

2x06 Triple Threat

What an interesting challenge this week were they have to create three old age makeups for triplet, one at age 50 - 75 and the other at age 100 and it's a good job Rayce earned him immunity in the Spotlight Challenge but Heather's 100-year-old looks more like a zombie so i wasn't surprised she went home

2x07 Alien Interpreters

A double elimination day, would has everybody more on edge than usual and i was impressed with Ian's wounded bat and as a bonus for winning he got two tickets to the premier of Total Recall which was nice, Jerry and Tara must pack up their kits and head home was the right decision

2x08 Burtonesque

What a turn around from last week with Ian getting low marks for hiding his excellently made props on the back of the model and Rayce's combination of cello and cellist that wins this week's prize was impressive

2x09 Dinoplasty

Sue's girl power, hip-hop dinosaur impressing Ve and Patrick was nice but you cant please them all like Glenn and Sue asking her model to help was interesting, the double elimination has put the pressure on and glad RJ made it through considering it's his birthday as well

2x10 The Ultimate Spotlight Challenge

Great season finale with all the eliminated contestants coming back to help the remanding three, all the model having to do the dance routine was impressive and so glad the judges came to the same conclusion as the audience by picking Rayce as the winner

135 1234567
Thread