Thread
Printable Version

Republic of Doyle General Discussion (Spoilers)

Republic of Doyle General Discussion (Spoilers)

Jake Doyle is a rogue, a charmer, a detective – so far ticking all the boxes – but he's also a drinker, a brawler and emotionally immature. This ex-cop has as big a nose for sniffing out the bad guys as he does for finding trouble. Jake cracks heads and cases in the historic and colourful city of St John’s on the Canadian island of Newfoundland. And it’s just as well – St John’s has been transformed from a sleepy seaport to a booming oil town, and where there’s cash, there’s crime. Helping him in his private detective adventures are his father, respected ex-cop Mal, his partner Rose, and Jake’s feisty teenage niece, Katrina. Throw into the mix Jake’s estranged wife Nikki and their ongoing divorce case, and you can see why Jake’s rage is constantly boiling over.

Source [ Last edited by bala at 2-1-2011 20:54 ]

Father and Son

Well the first episode was average and it's clear that Doyle really has a lot trouble with women and having to work with his dad was amusing at times. The annoying thing about the show are actor voices which does take a while to get used to Strong Canadian accent.

Benny case, Doyle is good friends and he's investigate who murder the guy benny had fight with and in the end he got off finding out it was accident  . Doyle ex-wife is piece of work but i can't wait to see reaction when he open door to see that women.

On the whole this isn't a fantastic detective show but the situation Doyle can be amusing.

The Return of the Grievous Angel

This was a much better and funnier episode i mean Doyle wife really is a bucket full of crazy i am not surprised he wants to divorce her. As for case i found it really interesting who killed her but getting paid 2 times for same case was great.

You got love his mother hire that boy who spray painted his car '*ick for hire but he did a good job clean it up catch his niece is back their surveillance van with her boyfriend was great but when his dad walk in he hide them

The Duchess of George

Doyle really needs to learn about professionalism i mean sleeping with the client wife and getting caught by him was great opener to the episode and fact he attacked him twice was amusing but case was average

Blood Is Thicker Than Blood

Well this was interesting case of wrongly convicted man thinking his brother killed his wife when it turned out be their mother . Doyle meeting his wife new boyfriend while trying de-bug her house was funny end but it was obvious she wasn't pregnant.

Hit and Rum

Well Doyle finally give it a shot with Sargent i hope he can move on from her. Well another good case with unexpected ending who would thought daughter of Rum runner wanted to take his business but drugging him and Doyle dumping him for police to arrest was interesting ending.

The One Who Got Away

Stacy was really the worst of Doyle past girlfriend this was one of the craziest episode so far and going jail for her is a bit too much .    .

The Woman Who Knew Too Little

Well lucky the case from pervious episode keep Doyle out prison due lack of evidence  but finding a women who was a con artist really put Doyle into trouble but that smile at end kind of suggest she play him all along. Rose husband story-line was interesting we find out about her past i figured she runaway from something now we know.

The Tell-Tale Safe

After the last 2 crazy episode it was nice to have a boring one but still a very interesting case can you imagine finding out the man who killed your husband has been making anonymous donation every month  for kill him and she had no idea .

I really didn't see divorce paper coming for Doyle that was great ending but what is Rose going to do about her husband since he refuse to sign the paper

He sllep with the chips

Well rose planting evidence to get rid of her ex-husband was amusing since in the pervious episode she had go at her boyfriend for doing the same but that ring was a nice touch to sell it

The Pen Is Mightier Than the Doyle

Well another good episode with a surprise ending

A Horse Divided

Well another average episode but the horse was a surprise

Reply 2#2 bala's post

1x01 Fathers and Sons
Doyle on the phone and forgetting to switch calls from his wife to his lawyer was amusing and threatening to ring Tinny's neck when she put the headphones on was funny

Reply 13#13 codebreaker's post

I didn't expect you start this for few weeks since you usually so many shows behind .

Reply 14#14 bala's post

I've downloaded these up to date so i will try some before going back to The X-Files

Reply 15#15 codebreaker's post

I will be up to date when new episode airs this week so you have until Wednesday to catch up

Reply 3#3 bala's post

1x02 The Return of the Grievous Angel
Three clients for the same case was different but the kid flirting with his niece was funny and father and son both going to jail was a good result

Reply 17#17 codebreaker's post

The relation between Tinny (niece) and the Kid is really interesting she treat him like her boyfriend but they are not in relationship since she has a boyfriend , she treat him like a pet which really annoys me about her.

[ Last edited by bala at 2-6-2011 20:26 ]

Reply 18#18 bala's post

I thought the niece was called Tinny or Katherine but the step mother hiring the kid should be interesting

Reply 19#19 codebreaker's post

He really annoys Jake

This show will get you addicted by 4th-6th episode

[ Last edited by bala at 2-6-2011 20:28 ]

Thread