Thread
Printable Version

Republic of Doyle General Discussion (Spoilers)

Reply 27#27 bala's post

2x02 Popeye Doyle
I like the way Jake went along with going undercover by headbutting Leslie's partner after he shoved Jake into the car and Mal finding out that Rose has been keeping her mother still alive a secret was strange

Reply 28#28 bala's post

2x03 A Stand Up Guy
The comedian was a jerk but he was lucky that his son caught him when he jumped and the awkward diner double date and her husband on the phone was amusing

Reply 29#29 bala's post

2x04 The Son Also Rises
Tinny is getting in a little deep with her new hobby and her new friends and that hit woman was impressive but Jake put out the fake radio report to get a face to face with her was risky

Reply 30#30 bala's post

2x05 Something Old, Something New
Des left it a bit close to come to Tinny's rescue but the limo ends up exploding her plans in the process and Des did a great job at handling the situation, the surprise wedding was a nice was to end

Reply 44#44 codebreaker's post

The one thing i liked about that episode is that it caught attention from moment the episode started limo exploding than going back to how it all started. . That how keep audience attention.

Reply 45#45 bala's post

The first time around i didn't realise Tinny and Des was in the limo which made you think the first explosion might of killed them

Reply 46#46 codebreaker's post

Yeah i know when episode opened up we thought runaway limo we had no idea who in Limo but what a way rid Trinny drug sideline storyline

Reply 31#31 bala's post

2x06 The Ryans and the Pittmans
That was a close call on the boat but at leased it eliminated one of the brother from being a suspect until he wasn't dead and i liked the way Allison got Jake to pay attention but after Leslie got shot it looks like they still have feeling for each other

Reply 32#32 bala's post

2x07 Crashing on the Couch
Martin coming back to help the guy out with their money problems was a surprise and Jake getting an electric shock with the kettle was amusing but that was a close call second time around

Reply 33#33 bala's post

2x08 Sympathy For The Devil
All the bounty hunters after Martin's new wife was amusing and Tinny dropping to the floor after the others got tasered was funny but that was unfortunate that Leslie poured her heart out while there was a gunman behind the door

Reply 50#50 codebreaker's post

Well i see you caught up but what are you going watch now ?

Tinny is amusing at times but did you notice she not always in every episode

2x09 Will the Real Des Courtney Please Stand Up

That was strange when Des finds himself in a very bizarre and compromising position after an armed robbery but Tinny taking a blood sample was amusing and what a way to find out they know nothing about him but nice ending

Reply 52#52 codebreaker's post

Well i knew it was set up but I liked that we know Des has few secrets and finding out where he lives was sad and they had no idea. I think none actually thought about Des much and it took this situation to realise that. When you look at him he does look trustful

2x10 The Special Detective

I thought Jake was more into Leslie but kissing Allison he didn't notice Garrison taking his car and poor Jake getting all the punches for Garrison and Leslie and Jake struggling to keep their mutual affection for each other in check, Jake sorting Allison boyfriend out was great

Reply 54#54 codebreaker's post

Garrison really put jake through the ringer but it great to see Garrison again . i like twist dirty cop not being so dirty.

Reply 55#55 bala's post

Jake and his tape recorder was working overtime but came in useful and the cop not being dirty was a good twist, i had a feeling about the cop after Leslie told him to leave it

Reply 56#56 codebreaker's post

The cases are not that interesting are they ?

The one thing i liked season 1 were how amusing cases were but so far this season has been rather average.

Reply 57#57 bala's post

Tinny and Des were good in the first season but this season it's all about Jake and the two ladies in his life, i thought Leslie was the best but with what happened to Allison i have no idea now

Reply 58#58 codebreaker's post

Yeah i wanted Jake to be with Leslie but i have feeling Alison will leave at end of the second season she doesn't seem type of women who would stay in small town unlike Leslie who will.

The problem with Tinny and Des is that Tinny doesn't want admit she like him so that story-line can't go anywhere but  Will the Real Des Courtney Please Stand Up episode there were some great moments between them.

Don't Gamble with City Hall

Well another good episode with Jake trying solve a case shame two murdered and what a way for the suspect to get killed

Thread