Thread
Printable Version

The Good Wife Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 38#38 bala's post

I think Alicia's son will be probably filmed so the girlfriend will have some leverage over the family but the condom thing was funny

Reply 41#41 codebreaker's post

Yeah i was thinking same thing but it would me more interesting if she became pregnant that created more drama now that husband is at home . it's likely she probably film it but i feeling that guy steal the tape

Heart

Well well, Alicia and Will finally kissed and we all knew it was coming. I felt sorry for Peter, a little, in this episode because he was just a substitute for Will.

I hope they bring Patti more into this show because I love her character!!

Reply 43#43 shinny's post

This was a great episode i was kind surprised at Alicia for coming back but than what she did with her husband felt wrong but i never thought she felt anything for him.

Reply 43#43 shinny's post

Yes i felt sorry for Peter because i think she was also thinking of Will

Am I the only one who doesn't like Will, I don't get it....I'm a female and I like Peter better then Will.
Lucky Spencer = Hotness

Reply 46#46 Sweetp's post

look like are you forget the whole point of this show was that she was good wife to Peter and he cheated on her and to make matter worst the whole media kept replaying that awful moment. So how can you like Peter better than Will, Will gave her an opportunity to become a lawyer and help her support her family. That why people like Will

Doubt

Well this was interesting given 2 perspectives one from lawyer and other jurors.  the ending really  shows the injustice of legal system. If i was her i would taken the deal because i wouldn't risk 25 years in jail compared to 10 years if she stuck it out she would been free but she had no idea. I wonder how often this happens

Reply 48#48 bala's post

I agree, it was so uncertain as to which way it would go she had to take the deal. If only you had some sort of inclination of how it was going!!

At the start I didn't really like this episode but as it went on I quite enjoyed it.

Reply 48#48 bala's post

It was actually 45 years not 25., not quite sure why as it wasn't pre-meditated  I think that was what made her take the deal.

I really liked this episode as you got to see both sides of the justice system.  It does really show how unfair it is.  The only thing is that she will never know that she made the wrong choice.

I like the judge, I wish there were more like him as the courts would be a lot more fun.

Reply 48#48 bala's post

This was a great insight for anyone who has not done jury service but that was a tragic gamble but what you find out after you have given your verdict about their past is fascinating but you wished you had known in earlier

Reply 51#51 codebreaker's post

Would you taken gamble?,  you got admit her defence team weren't as good i mean changing balletic experts half way through and revelation sleeping with senior partner really damaged case.

Reply 52#52 bala's post

Probable not after the earlier mistakes

Reply 52#52 bala's post

I think I would have taken the deal.

I am currently studying to be a Barrister (UK trial lawyer) and after the mistakes they made, which would not happen in the UK, I think I would have predicted a guilty verdict.

But, could she have appealed? I mean, say she had not taken the deal would an appeal have been on the cards had she got a guilty verdict? I'm not sure about US law, so that's why I ask.

I'd like to think I'd say "I'm innocent so no deal" but, if you were in that position after all that happened, I think you'd probably take the deal too (unless the appeal option was there)

If she had taken the chance and hoped for a 'NOT GUILTY' verdict then if she had been found guilty then she would be only able to appeal if there was new evidence that proved her innocence or there was an error in law which affected her trial.

She would though have to stay in jail until she was found innocent which could take years.

Boom

Good episode it been ages since we seen a new episode but ending was good, he is keeping secrets and she decided walk out on him and he decided to chase after her with alarms ringing

Reply 57#57 bala's post

He got what he deserved after dragging the family to church but he goes out the back to meet that guy wearing the wire but how far will he get after setting off his alarm

Reply 58#58 codebreaker's post

That's the thing about this show the ending make you want to know what going happen next?

Mock

Well it look like his kids covered for him but Will get played by female law student was good. . Women wonder why men don't trust women

Thread