Thread
Printable Version

Doctor Who Season 6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 100#100 gabsimom's post

OMG that was fabulous.  I *kinda* had an idea about the Tesla, but was uncertain.  Loved that Melody calls them, "mother and father".  A family unit.  GREAT!!!  So very sad I have to wait for another Dr. Who.  

What's the question?  Who is Dr. Who???????
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 101#101 arksongbird80's post

Ha Ha, well I thought it was a flesh person, so I was wrong there, but I was correct in the reasoning that the one we saw die was not the one we thought.  

Well he is just the Doctor, the "who" is an in-joke going back all the way to the beginning.  First episode he was introduced as Doctor Foreman by his granddaughter's teacher, who becomes a companion (yes the doctor has a granddaughter, so he has had at least 1 child)  to the first male companion.  In the next episode, when addressed by Ian (the male companion) by this name, the Doctor said,  "Eh? Doctor who? What's he talking about?"  And then we were off, it has been used over and over again.  The only time the Doctor calls himself that was in TV Movies, which are not considered canonical.  So the real question I guess is Who is the Doctor?

UGH, going to have to wait, I hate season endings...

"I'm the Doctor. Well, they call me 'the Doctor', I don't know why; I call me 'the Doctor' too, still don't know why."
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Reply 88#88 sanggye's post

Well i didn't like this episode that much it did seem like a filler but it was a good one seeing him reject cyberman suit was a nice twist and what dr did to his place was nice.

Reply 94#94 waterlilybarb's post

Well i was wondering how they were going end it but i have say having time collapse on itself was great seeing all different era in one time line was nice to see. Amy saving the doctor but with all different version in her head don't think she would develop some brain tumour as result of all time distortion since she's human?.

The Christmas special

Please, please, please please please Please PLEASE:  upload the christmas special.  I'm US and I don't have the BBC America to boot.  

Please.  please, please, please.    PLLLLLLLEASE.

Thank you.    
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 107#107 arksongbird80's post

We've been requesting them since Doctor Who was added to the site.  If you haven't already done so, the best place to put that request is in the New Show Suggestions Thread.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

6×01 The Impossible Astronaut (1)

Strange start having the Doctor killed by an astronaut and burnt in a boat only to come back in the dinner but what a cliffhanger with the girl in the space suite

6×02 Day of the Moon (2)

It's a good job they had modern devises to record what the couldn't remember and why Amy told the Doctor first about being pregnant was strange

6×03 The Curse of the Black Spot

Who would of thought the Captains greed for treasure would almost cost his sons life and Amy almost giving up on resuscitating Rory was dramatic

6×04 The Doctors Wife

Suranne Jones being a guest star was nice but Amy and Rory being played with was amusing and I suppose to Idris that Rory was the pretty one

6×05 The Rebel Flesh (1)

Rory going off on his own trying to save Jennifer was dangerous but the doppelganger's of themselves was interesting

6×06 The Almost People (2)

For some reason when Jennifer doppelganger melted I had a feeling the other one was the imposter but the two Doctors was confusing and the end was a surprise

6×07 A Good Man Goes to War (1)

Rory walking into rescue Amy holding Melody was nice but what a way to end with River revealing who she is

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 2-10-2013 14:42 ]

6×08 Let's Kill Hitler (2)

Amy thinking Rory was gay as they were growing up because he showed no interest in girls was amusing

6×09 Night Terrors

Poor George being scared of the monsters in his cupboard

6×10 The Girl Who Waited

Trust Amy to go back for her phone and then push the wrong button and after waiting 36 years to be left behind was interesting but Rory had to choose the young one as he would of lost 36 years with Amy

6×11 The God Complex

The hotel's rooms and corridors shift without warning did make thing awkward as each room contained their worst fears and the Doctor saying good bye to Amy does make you wonder how this season will end

6×12 Closing Time

Craig being called a pervert by the shop assistant was amusing but being able to overpower the Cyberman thanks to his son was great and the bay saying Doctor was priceless, Amy being asked for her autograph was nice as she has moved on with her life as the face of cosmetics

Thread