91 12345
Thread
Printable Version

The Killing Season 1-4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Killing Season 1-4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Killing Premiere's on AMC on April 03, 2011

AMC has begun production on the network's next original series, The Killing. From writer, executive producer and series showrunner Veena Sud (Cold Case), The Killing is based on the wildly successful Danish television series Forbrydelsen and tells the story of the murder of a young girl in Seattle and the subsequent police investigation. Season one will consist of thirteen one-hour episodes and will debut with a 2 hour premiere on Sun., Apr. 3 at 9PM | 8C.

The Killing ties together three distinct stories around a single murder including the detectives assigned to the case, the victim's grieving family, and the suspects. Set in Seattle, the story also explores local politics as it follows politicians connected to the case. As the series unfolds, it becomes clear that there are no accidents; everyone has a secret, and while the characters think they've moved on, their past isn't done with them.

The Killing stars Mireille Enos (Big Love) as Sarah Linden, the lead homicide detective that investigates the death of Rosie Larsen; Billy Campbell (Once and Again) as Darren Richmond, Seattle's City Council President and now running for Mayor; Joel Kinnaman (Snabba Cash) as Stephen Holder, an ex-narc cop who joins the homicide division in the investigation to find Rosie's killer; Michelle Forbes (True Blood) as Rosie's mother, Mitch Larsen; and Brent Sexton (W., In the Valley of Elah) as Rosie's father, Stan Larsen. The pilot is directed by Patty Jenkins (Monster).

Filmed in Vancouver, The Killing is produced by Fox Television Studios and executive produced by Mikkel Bondesen (Burn Notice) for Fuse Entertainment. Fuse's Kristen Campo co-produces. AMC’s Joel Stillerman, senior vice president of original programming, production and digital content, Susie Fitzgerald, senior vice president of scripted development and current programming and Jason Fisher, senior vice president of production oversee production of the series for the network.

Homepage

Discuss Anything About The Killing Here

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 4-1-2011 21:35 ]

1x01 Pilot

Nice start but what a case for Sarah on her last day of work

1x02 The Cage

Councilman Richmond wanting to leak the story for his political career looks suspicious but Mitch and Stan telling their sons about Rosie was sad and the way the cop found out about the cage was unorthodox

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 4-4-2011 09:54 ]

Reply 2#2 codebreaker's post

Yeah that was interesting case but the question will she stay on because 6pm she supposing moving and look on her face when found Rosie body suggest stay on. I have to admit this hard show get into first 20 minutes was rather boring but now it's getting interesting.

Reply 3#3 codebreaker's post

Yes that hard telling the kids their sister were dead but why didn't they tell the babysitter/nanny she was dead?. The way cop found the cage was very unusual. When husband opened the door i was worried she might of committed suicide

I don't know what to think about this show. It's a very strange way of telling the story with the flashback at the beginning (I suppose it was a flash of the reason Linden is leaving) and the new cop is really strange and none of them look normal. Then the family of the death kid, the parents in the beginning was a strange image because they didn't know about their daughter yet, but we did. And I think they didn't tell the babysit because the police said to keep it in the family, but I agree that it is strange cause it looks like she's practicly family.
The reaction of the kid was really believeble and I felt sorry for him. And you're right about the mom, I wondered about her killing herself.
I know that Linden is going to stay, I mean, she is the lead in the show and she showed up at the Cage at the end of the episode.
The two students weren't very smart believing that a cop off the clock would take them to party. (although he doesn't really look like a cop)
And btw the politician didn't want to use the family to advance his carrier, that was his assistent. But I understand that he tries to save it. The fact that he didn't leak the story says enough. But I wonder what happened to his wife.

Reply 6#6 kellemanske's post

it is adapted from Sweden series which why it was strange

El Diablo

Well that another video they found was rather disturbing and i still don't trust that other cop he seems a bit dodgy .

Reply 8#8 bala's post

It was obvious the phone the teacher put in the desk would be important and i don't think Councilman Richmond's leak is the kid but more likely to be the woman

Reply 9#9 codebreaker's post

Yeah i don't trust her as well but Rosie mother concerns me trying breathe under water in the bathtub to feel what her daughter last minutes were like and phone message was sad.

Reply 10#10 bala's post

Yes you could understand what Rosie's mother was thinking while holding her breath underwater

Reply 11#11 codebreaker's post

Watched the first 3 episodes - so far not a bad show. Will be interesting to see how it all ends.

The scene with the parents telling the sons about the sister's death was a nice scene, but the older son figured something was up from the time both parents came to pick them up from school.

The mom's guilty over something - like her sister said "why didn't you call her....the whole weekend (its not verbatim)

A Soundless Echo

Well planning Rosie's funeral was difficult but seeing photo at station was awful. Those letter found in the globe was interesting revelation. I really hope the father doesn't do something stupid.look like another new suspect.

1x04 A Soundless Echo

That was a stupid mistake allowing the family to see the crime scene photos and I'm glad what Sterling said about the 108 bus lead to another clue

Super 8

Another dead end with the teacher but he did look rather suspicious and finding out who leaked the E-mail wasn't a surprised.

Reply 15#15 bala's post

Sarah's partner saying he should postpone the BBQ on Sunday was amusing and finding out who leaked the E-mail was interesting

What You Have Left

This isn't keeping my interest i just want find out who killed rosie but after 6 episode it getting more difficult to watch

Reply 17#17 bala's post

So almost half way through the first season and with only one real clue, but now Rosie's funeral is taking place you have too stick it out to find out who and more importantly why not only that what will Stan do to the teacher

1x07 Vengeance

Sarah missing her flight was predictable and the note from the Mosque that lead them to 106 R was interesting especial when the FBI stormed in afterwards

Reply 19#19 codebreaker's post

That was the last thing i was expecting as well

91 12345
Thread