42 123
Thread
Printable Version

Battlestar Galactica Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Battlestar Galactica Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss Anything About Battlestar Galactica Season 1-3 Here

OK, I just finished watching season 3...and while some things I suspected, others were a complete shocker!  
Now I have another show that I have to wait for the new season...it's getting more frustrating all the time!  How will I stand it?

Click Here For The Battlestar Galactica About & Episode Guides

Click Here To Watch Battlestar Galactica on VIPTV.net

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-2-2015 17:30 ]
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply #2 bala's post

I think you'll enjoy it.  I don't have the sci-fi channel, so was previously waiting for DVD's.  I'm so glad to be able to watch it here, along with other sci-fi shows I enjoy.  I also like being able to arrange my programs so they suit my time schedule rather than the networks.

Reply #4 bala's post

As the show continues, the other characters get more screen time, and thus you don't have to endure Baltar & Number 6 as often.

Not Exactly Related, but...

I just watched the premiere of the Bionic Woman and not only did we see Katee Sackhoff in a different, though familiar kick butt role, we also had a peek at Aaron Douglas, aka Chief Petty Officer Galen Tyrol, in a small role.  It's not BG, but it will hold me over for a while.

Reply #6 Apollo's post

Are you still having this problem?  I just checked it out and I couldn't get it past...Read www.tv-video.net.  I'll post it in the Error Report thread.

Reply 9#9 bnewman8629's post

The song used was Bob Dylan's "All Along the Watchtower", and according to the album info it was performed by Brendan “Bt4″ McCreary [vocals], Paul Cartwright [electric violin], Steve Bartek [sitar and electric guitars].

Reply 1#1 silver1978's post

I definitely don't think Starbuck is the final Cylon.  In Razor (if I remember correctly) it mentioned that Kara would lead them to destruction, or something along that line.  I've been thinking it might be the old man too, or maybe Roslin...but I have steered clear of EVERY spoiler page about the show, since I like to be surprised.

The thing with Baltar was perverse.  I thought the same thing...as if his head wasn't big enough to begin with, they go and turn him into some pseudo-Messiah for those people. BLECH!  I wouldn't be surprised if he winds up being martyred.

As for Zach making an appearance, it would be cool, but I got the impression it was mentioned to make the point that even if Kara was a Cylon, the fact that she returned from the dead (so they thought) reminded both of the Adama men of how much a part of their family she really was.

I don't think the president will be killed, though she may get shot.  And I have a feeling that these "final 5" are different from the other Cylons in a way that hasn't been revealed yet.  I can't wait until next week's episode.  This one just left me wanting more.

Reply 3#3 desertdarlene's post

Great observations Darlene!  I saw the original series, but haven't seen it since it first aired, so I don't remember the incident to which you are referring, but it sounds highly plausible to me.  I was curious too when Kara mentioned the triple binary star system, as I don't think (though I'm no astronomer) that we have one in our solar system.  I agree, it's also likely that with thousands of years the stars would have moved, so the alignment wouldn't be perfect.

Maybe this was what the warning in Razor was referring to...that Kara would lead them in the wrong direction.  Roslin is probably right, and whatever happened to Kara out there, is trying to steer them off course.

I really can't wait until the next episode!

Reply 6#6 desertdarlene's post

Is it only available for those in the US?  I couldn't tell when I checked it out, as I looked on Saturday.

Anyway, I just finished watching the new episode and it was great!  I'm too tired to really comment on it, but it's up on the site now, so I think it's safe to post your thoughts on the episode.  I'll post mine after I get some sleep.

Re: anorocle's post - I don't think Kara is going to turn out to be a Cylon of any sort.  Though I still haven't seen the episode from the original series, I have an inkling Darlene might be on to something since it would go along with Starbuck's being a harbinger of doom...or whatever she was called in Razor.

Just another thought before I drift off - does anyone else think that Baltar might be the 5th Cylon?  The way he was talking about music and the cacophony of the sound is awfully familiar.  Also, it could explain his connection to 6, and his new vision of himself.  OK, now I'm really going to try and catch some zzz's.

Reply 9#9 desertdarlene's post

Yes, Cally and Tyrol have a son, but so did Boomer & Helo, so I don't think the difference is that.  Remember Hera was a hybrid, and it was her blood that "cured" Roslin's cancer.  I'm wondering if Tyrol's baby has some special significance.

That's interesting - that the reconfiguring of the Raiders as the cause of his new visions of himself.  Very plausible.

The in-fighting amongst the "human" Cylons is definitely interesting.  I especially found it strange that Boomer would vote against the other 8s.  I think rather than the final 5 being completely organic, they are programed differently.  Even knowing they are Cylons, so far none of them has shown the disdain or hatred towards humans that the other Cylons have.  I imagine their mission is to get them to Earth and maybe be the leaders for the next generation of Cylons, or human/Cylon hybrids.  Either way, it will be interesting to find out.

I actually live in EDT (in Canada), so if I'm home, I'll have to check out Scifi.com to see if I am able to watch the episode there.

Reply 13#13 desertdarlene's post

I missed your post until now, so I didn't get to check if I can view it from Canada.  I just finished watching it on VIP.

Well I guess we now REALLY know why Boomer voted the way she did.  ICK!  But I don't think she'll go along with the annihilation of the other "human" Cylons.  Their "civil war" is getting mighty interesting.

That Tory is a piece of work...and VERY much like the "skinjobs" we've come to know in the past.  I do NOT like her.  Tyrol and Anders seem to be the main ones trying to maintain their humanity.  ON that note, discovering who the 5th Cylon is, is getting even more difficult.  From what Kara said to Sam, it looks like they're trying to hint it may be her, but I think that's a red herring.  I'm still not sure who it is, but after everything she's been through it would seem too obvious to make it Starbuck.

And what about Lee's new position?  He just started and he's already stirring the pot between the President & the press.  That could be a dangerous line to walk if he wants to truly be effective.  I'll be interested to see how that all plays out.

The ending was a definite OMGoodness moment.  I'm not surprised at Tory, but feel bad for Tyrol and especially Cally.  Definitely not how I expected it to end.

Reply 15#15 silver1978's post

I agree.  Sam's such a decent guy, and Kara treats him like crap.  He really loves her.  It's a different take on a somewhat abusive relationship.  She uses him when it suits her, and he puts up with her treating him so rotten.  Kinda sad, really.

Reply 18#18 desertdarlene's post

I checked out the scifi site, and it said that a sneak preview was available to view - maybe that's why it stopped halfway.  Sneaky.

Escape Velocity 4x04

I just watched the new episode and everyone seems to be losing their mind!  Gaius is becoming evermore the cult figure, Tyrol & Tigh are seeing visions, though of very different sorts, and Lee seems to be on a quest for civil liberties - which is great in itself, but in context may prove disastrous for the fleet.  Tory seems to have come very much to terms with being a Cylon and has hopped on the Baltar bandwagon.  But the men are struggling with their new identities, and the deaths of their wives.

Will Tigh's, shall we say, tête-à-tête with Number 6 cause him to embrace his Cylon self?  Is Tyrol really so disgusted with his life, or was he just trying to get demoted before he actually killed someone?

What about Roslin?  Do you think she's going to die before reaching Earth, or will another "miracle" save her?

I don't mind the religious themes in the show, and am glad they aren't shying away from them, but I just don't want it to turn into some sort of "holy war".  It's enough that the Cylons are now pretty much having a civil war of their own, without adding a religious war to the fleet.  They have a hard enough time getting along - even before religion gets into the mix.

Reply 20#20 silver1978's post

Funny you should say that about Lee.  I was leaning in that direction too (him being the final Cylon) but apparently, according to Ronald D. Moore - executive producer of BSG - the final Cylon will NOT be one of the primary humans on the show.  I suppose that makes it any body's guess.

You're right about the need to step it up in revealing more answers.  There isn't enough time for them to meander through everyone's psyche and still come up with a satisfying conclusion.  I wished we had seen more of either Kara & her crew, or what was happening with the Cylons.

Reply 22#22 desertdarlene's post

Good memory Darlene.  I had forgotten about that, but it makes sense now that Roslin has relapsed.

Episode 4x05 - The Road Less Travelled

I finally got through watching the new episode - the site was running slow today.  I have to say I was happy to have a more in depth glimpse of what's happening on the Demetrius.  

Back with the fleet Tory is continuing to make the most of her new Cylon self.  Tyrol is so racked with feelings of guilt that he's even shaved his head.

Sorry - this is pretty lame.  It took me a couple hours to get through it, and now I'm too tired to think clearly enough to get my thoughts out.  I'll be back to chat more about the new episode.   I definitely enjoyed it, but think I'll have to give it another viewing to fully figure out what I think.

Reply 25#25 silver1978's post

We learned that some of the human Cylons survived the attempted massacre by their brethren.

I'm really curious as to what the hybrid will tell Kara.  I have a feeling Darlene is right, and she'll find out what was said in Razor.  

The interesting thing about this episode was Leoban.  He has some strange hold over Kara.  I would have expected her to have him killed after interrogation, but even after holding her hostage all those months on New Caprica, she still wants him around.  It's like she has Stockholm Syndrome.  It must really irk Sam, since she said if he was a Cylon she'd have no problem putting a bullet in his head, to see her listening to what Leoban has to say.

Episode 4x06 - Faith

Just watched the new episode and must say it's an improvement over last week.

Kara finally got to hear the hybrid's message, we found out what it means - though still have to wait for #5 to be revealed, and also found out that the 6s & 8s survived the attempted massacre.

Back with the fleet, we see Roslin getting treatment, and meeting another patient (none other than Nana Visitor, aka Kira Narys of Deep Space Nine) in the infirmary.  They discuss Baltar and his pirate radio broadcasts re: the afterlife.  Interesting stuff, but I liked how Roslin told Adama that THEY were going to find Earth together.  She still has faith in the book of Pythia (as Darlene mentioned earlier), and I think she recognizes that she is the one prophesied about.  She did know this before, but now that her cancer has relapsed, I think it has reaffirmed her belief.

I also think Anders is getting ever more nervous that he will be revealed as a Cylon, while wanting to know exactly what that means for him at the same time.  Tory is getting scarier, being so close to the President, and no longer being afraid of the responsibilities her job entails now that Roslin is sick.

Good stuff!

Reply 28#28 desertdarlene's post

I think the hybrid said something like, "The dying leader will discover the truth about the Opera House, the missing 'Three' will be used to find the five, who come from the home of the Thirteenth Tribe."  So Roslin (the dying leader) will learn what D'Anna (3) saw at the Opera House (the faces of the final 5) who are from Earth, which is the Cylon's (13th tribe) home.  

It's possible that the final 5 ARE human after all, since the hybrid didn't say the five were Cylons, just from their home.  I definitely think D'Anna will be able to ID our 4 known members of the 5, which is great because I love Lucy Lawless as that character.  It just gets better and better.

4x07 - Guess What's Coming to Dinner

Finally!  We're getting into some good stuff now.  This episode really opened the door for what's to come.  Definitely my favourite of the season so far.

The ending left me highly frustrated, which is OK.  I just wasn't watching the time, and didn't expect it to be over when it was.  Roslin & Baltar are now on the base ship which has jumped away.  I REALLY want to know what the hybrid will tell her.  Will it tell Roslin that Kara is the "harbinger of death to them all"?  And what does that mean, and what will it mean for Starbuck and the fleet as a whole?

I've suspected Gaeta as the final Cylon, since I found out it wouldn't be one of the main characters.  I know he wasn't singing the lyrics to "All Along the Watchtower", but was that the tune?  Anders seemed to find his singing important, so I'm thinking it was.  If so, he'll definitely want a new body, and if he figures it out will kill himself when they get close enough to the resurrection ship.  

So much to digest.  Athena, Caprica 6, Roslin and Hera (and was there someone else? - Baltar? - I don't think so, but can't remember) having the same dream.  Killing the Six won't make a difference, since she isn't Caprica Six.  Sharon should have recognized the difference, since all Hera's pictures were of a woman with very yellow hair.  I suppose any mother wouldn't care, and would take down whoever she thought was a threat to the safety of her child, but it's a shame that THAT Six is now dead.  She was reasonable - the MOST reasonable of all the Cylons.

That's all I have for now, but thank heavens the show is back on track.  With so few episodes left, they really have to get to the heart of the story and tell it in a way that does it justice, and satisfies us fans.

Reply 32#32 desertdarlene's post

Hey Darlene, we do have BsG on the free site - tv-video BsG.  The video quality isn't as good as VIP, but since the server was moved, the buffering isn't as bad...just find the time of day that works best for you.  It will do in a pinch, and allow you to see the show sooner.

Reply 34#34 desertdarlene's post

True, I was thinking that the "them" meant all of them, humans and Cylons, but it could only mean one of them.  It will be interesting to see how that pans out.

4x08 Sine Qua Non

I just finished watching the new episode (nice treat to have it early) and it was a good one, though not enough action for my liking.  One thing I was thinking is the 5th Cylon should be a woman because of the 12 there are only 4 so far.  I don't know who it would be, but that's what I was thinking.

I'm not surprised about the Presidency, but I was surprised about the "old man" staying behind.  I really want to know what's happened to all those that were on the ship when the hybrid caused the jump.  I forgot that so many of the pilots were over there - besides Roslyn and Baltar.  The debris where the base ship was seemed like a lot, and we know some of the pilots are dead.  I wonder what exactly happened there?  And now the Six is pregnant!  That's a surprising turn of events, though as soon as the doc said he had examined her, I knew.

Only a week and a half until episode 9, but only one more new episode after that until the hiatus.   That's NOT enough story!  I wish I had more patience, because if I did, I would have waited to start watching this season just before the second half was going to be aired. I really hope the next 2 episodes are crammed with sci-fi goodness.

42 123
Thread