Thread
Printable Version

Battlestar Galactica Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

I haven't seen the episode as it hasn't been posted, yet, anywhere on the internet.  I will let you know when I've seen it.  I think it's going to be available after the 24th.
Too legit to quit!

Reply 32#32 desertdarlene's post

Hey Darlene, we do have BsG on the free site - tv-video BsG.  The video quality isn't as good as VIP, but since the server was moved, the buffering isn't as bad...just find the time of day that works best for you.  It will do in a pinch, and allow you to see the show sooner.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 33#33 waterlilybarb's post

Thanks.  I have VIP, but that episode hadn't been loaded yet.  I did get to see it today, though.  I think Shannon had a great idea with Kara being the harbinger of the Cylon's death and not the humans' death.  It think it didn't say who Kara was leading into destruction, just "them".  

What I can't wait to see is where the base ship jumped to and what's going to happen to Roslyn, Six, and Baltar.
Too legit to quit!

Reply 34#34 desertdarlene's post

True, I was thinking that the "them" meant all of them, humans and Cylons, but it could only mean one of them.  It will be interesting to see how that pans out.

4x08 Sine Qua Non

I just finished watching the new episode (nice treat to have it early) and it was a good one, though not enough action for my liking.  One thing I was thinking is the 5th Cylon should be a woman because of the 12 there are only 4 so far.  I don't know who it would be, but that's what I was thinking.

I'm not surprised about the Presidency, but I was surprised about the "old man" staying behind.  I really want to know what's happened to all those that were on the ship when the hybrid caused the jump.  I forgot that so many of the pilots were over there - besides Roslyn and Baltar.  The debris where the base ship was seemed like a lot, and we know some of the pilots are dead.  I wonder what exactly happened there?  And now the Six is pregnant!  That's a surprising turn of events, though as soon as the doc said he had examined her, I knew.

Only a week and a half until episode 9, but only one more new episode after that until the hiatus.   That's NOT enough story!  I wish I had more patience, because if I did, I would have waited to start watching this season just before the second half was going to be aired. I really hope the next 2 episodes are crammed with sci-fi goodness.

Reply 35#35 waterlilybarb's post

If Six is a Cylon and Tigh is a Cylon then would their baby be a new Cylon model?

Got more to talk about but working on that darn term paper....must stop reading and posting!
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting."
E. E. Cummings

Reply 36#36 silver1978's post

I was wondering the same thing.

Now get to work on your term paper!

4x09 - Hub

Good episode.  Is anyone else wondering which child the Hybrid was talking about?  I know Hera seems obvious, but now that Caprica 6 is pregnant, could it be the Hybrid is telling them to protect THAT child?  

BTW, I forgot to mention that last week's episode made me LOL when Lee was sworn in as President.  I didn't know - or I forgot - that his name is Leeland!   Just thought I'd share.

BSG is always good but after every 3/4 episodes there is a great one.

BSG is such a dark show that when ever you get some light amongst all that darkness it really does get to you. I never cry at TV or Flims but I was welling Up  when Roslin and Adama reunited. It would be nice to hope that one day there will be dramas as good as this, but they never will be.

I really liked this episode. I am still digesting it but will come back with more discussion.

One thing off the top of my head though is the "close the door" comment from the hybrid? What was that?
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting."
E. E. Cummings

4x10 - Revelations (mid-season finale)

I went searching for quotes from the hybrids - the one on this baseship, and the one from Razor.

Here is what the hybrid said in Razor to Kendra Shaw (the old man hybrid):

* At last, they've come for me. I feel their lives, their destinies spilling out before me. The denial of the one true path, played out on a world not their own, will end soon enough. Soon there will be four, glorious in awakening, struggling with the knowledge of their true selves. The pain of revelation bringing new clarity and in the midst of confusion, he will find her. Enemies brought together by impossible longing. Enemies now joined as one. The way forward at once unthinkable, yet inevitable. And the fifth, still in shadow, will claw toward the light, hungering for redemption that will only come in the howl of terrible suffering. I can see them all. The seven, now six, self-described machines who believe themselves without sin. But in time, it is sin that will consume them. They will know enmity, bitterness, the wrenching agony of one splintering into many. And then, they will join the promised land, gathered on the wings of an angel. Not an end, but a beginning.
    * Kara Thrace will lead the human race to its end. She is the herald of the apocalypse, the harbinger of death. They must not follow her.
    * As my own existence comes to a close, only to begin anew, in ways uncertain.
    * All this has happened before, and it will happen again...again...again...again...again...again...again...

OK, I've wanted to find that for a while (since seeing Razor, actually), but especially after watching this episode.  I definitely think the 5th Cylon of the final 5 is the unborn child of Tigh & Caprica 6.

Earth looks to be a radioactive wasteland.  Not quite what they were hoping for.  Is this the what the hybrid meant about Thrace leading the human race to it's end?  I still don't understand if that means literally or if it's referring to an end of what they have known, now that they are in an alliance with the Cylons, and there are already 2 human/Cylon children (Hera & Nicky) and a child of 2 Cylons yet to be born.  

Does the fact that all of these things have happened before and will supposedly happen again mean that the rubble they found on Earth indicate their ancestors did live there?  

Another hybrid quote is:

The children of the one reborn shall find their own country.
I assume that's referring to D'Anna and their search for a home.

I noticed Starbuck went to the Memorial wall where all the photos are and they zoomed in on the pic of Kendra Shaw, which was a nice nod to her character and a little payoff for Razor.

I'm now left with a bunch of questions and have to wait ages for the answers.  Highly irritating, especially when there are only 10 more episodes until the series is finished.  Why do I watch these shows that drive me crazy?

Reply 41#41 waterlilybarb's post

Weel firstly I will start with the obligatory what? WHAT!?!?!

BSG never ceases to pull suprises on you. The child of six and tigh is a good idea but knowing BSG it will be another curb ball.

What's going to happen with the next ten is beyond me after the mid-series finale.it looked all destroyed. So does this mean it is our future or our past. that is the big question (our future seems more likely). could this higher power be the final cylon? although thinking about it. the head six (not in this series nearly enough) seems to be the higher power.

The mysteries that still need answers.
Final Cylon
What/who the hell is the head six?
What does the Opera house mean?
What really happened to Starbuck?
What about the other Cylons?
PLUS COUNTLESS OTHERS!!!!!!! It's almost as mysterious as lost.

Reply  42#42 gaiusx's post
Quote:
the fifth, still in shadow, will claw toward the light, hungering for redemption that will only come in the howl of terrible suffering.
This is the part of the quote, along with the fact D'Anna said there were only 4 (for now), that makes me think the 5th of the final 5 is the unborn child.  The fact that the hybrid says "The seven, now six, self-described machines who believe themselves without sin", makes me think another Cylon will die before the series ends.  

My is also due to the fact that it's much like Lost, in that it makes you think and leaves you with so many more questions than answers.  I hope there's a really good ending.  This show deserves one.

D'Anna saying their were only 4 of the 5 in the fleet makes me curious.
I am very curious about the unborn child as well. If it will be a new model?

My candidates at this point for the last of the five are:
Baltar (big thing to be forgiven for) but I feel unlikely because it would be very obvious. Although he WAS on the baseship and not with the fleet when D'Anna made her statement.
Zach Adama (for shock value), it would also fit with the time that the Leoben model said that Adama was a Cylon. Possible Spoiler here: Plus, one of the first Cylons created was a copy of with the personality Bill Adama's sister so Joseph Adama (Bills father, Lee's grandfather) could also be a candidate feeling guilt over what he helped create /End Spoiler
Ellen Tigh (another one with forgiveness issues), plus would put the Cylon count at 6 male 6 female

As for Earth- my husband watched this episode with me and I told him before they reached Earth that the place was going to be totally nuked and that the original colonies were like a Noah's Ark for the human race after the war. If the Final model is one that is "dead" in the fleet, I expect they will encounter that model on Earth.

GRRR I can't wait so long for the last episodes!!
E. E. Cummings

Reply 44#44 silver1978's post

I thought of Ellen Tigh too.  But since the resurrection hub was destroyed, how would that model be alive (same thing for Zach)?  Of course, if you're correct and the final Cylon is already on Earth, that point would be moot.  And if that's the case, the final Cylon could be any of the characters who have already died.  I think if it had been anyone with the fleet when they went through the nebula, they would have been activated along with the other 4.

Interesting theory:

This is something I had been trying to figure out too.  I did a search and there has never been a reference to model #7.  

Here's a theory I thought interesting enough to pass along:
Quote:
Battlestar Galactica: Why Boomer is the Final Cylon
Tuesday, June 17, 2008

After all this time, a switch went off, just like that. For more than a year now, Battlestar Galactica fans have been pondering the identity of the final Cylon. I've had plenty of theories. At first I was leaning towards Zak Adama, Lee's dead brother. Then, as season 4 wore on, I set my sights on Tom Zarek. After the truly spectacular mid-season finale, I started to think about it even more, obsessing over the identity of the final Cylon. Then I read a comment made by Ronald D. Moore, and just like that, the switch went off.

Boomer is the final Cylon. Not Athena, the mother of Hera, but Boomer, the Sharon who shot Adama, got Jack Ruby-ed by Cally and tried to end the Cylon aggression against humanity. Crazy as it sounds, it all makes perfect sense.

If you're wondering what triggered this revelation, it was Moore's statement at the Battlestar Galactica mid-season finale screening on Wednesday that the final five Cylons don't have model numbers. It seems innocuous enough, but it was the final piece I needed to understand.

One of my biggest questions about Battlestar Galactica has always been the numbering of the Cylons. The seven original models all have numbers. Cavil, Leoben, D'Anna, Simon and Doral are 1-5, respectively. Number Six is, of course, 6. Then there's Sharon Valeri, aka Sharon Agathon, aka Boomer, aka Athena. She's number 8.

Either Ronald D. Moore doesn't know what comes after six, or this has been a huge clue slapping us in the face for years. I had just assumed that, for some reason, one of the final five was the missing 7. Then came this revelation that the final five don't have model numbers, which either means there is no 7 or Moore is playing mind games with his fans.

This prompted my mind to go into overdrive: why would the Cylons, or God, or whoever created the skinjobs, skip over 7? Or did they? What if the Cylon creators were experimenting with a new breed of Cylon and came up with a new model after 6? Perhaps it looked like Sharon, but the Cylon creators discovered the difference and quickly created a new, more traditional Sharon that followed the same schematics as 1-6. Hence, in the original creation, the 7 slot would be left open.

Perhaps I'm reading too much into this number game, but until I hear a better explanation for why Sharon is Number 8, I'm standing by it. In addition, the other clues we've received fit. D'Anna said there were only four of the final five on the fleet in “Revelations,” and at that time, Boomer was aboard the basestar. There was also the very first sighting of the final five, when D'Anna said. “You. Forgive me, I had no idea.” It's never been clear who she was talking about. Maybe Tigh for ripping out his eye. Or maybe she was asking forgiveness of Boomer, whom she opposed in the season 2 episode “Downloaded” because Boomer and Caprica Six wanted to try to co-exist with humans.

Finally, the most powerful piece of evidence came early in season 4 when Boomer sided with Cavil on the issue of lobotomizing the Raiders, going against the entire line of 8s. It was said to be the first time that a Cylon ever broken rank with what the other models of that number were doing. It seemed incredibly unusual that these machines would be capable of doing this, but not if you consider my theory that Boomer is not an 8, but rather the final Cylon. That would explain perfectly how and why she was able to go against her model.

In some ways, I feel like the pieces fit so nicely that Boomer has to be the final Cylon. Much like a diagnosis by Gregory House, it explains everything. Of course, whenever he says that, it's usually not the right diagnosis.
SOURCE
I'm not saying I agree with this at all, but it's interesting, nonetheless.  I wonder who model #7 is/was?  I always thought it was one of the other men, but I hadn't done the research.  With all this focus on the final 5, I've been doing a lot of counting in my head, especially since the Cylon civil war began, as to how many and which models were left.  There are only 4 original models left, and with 4 of the final 5 now revealed, that makes a total of 8.  Apparently, from what we know so far, numbers 1, 4 & 5 are gone.  For some reason I always thought there were supposed to be 12 models - isn't that what we were told?  

Just another thing that will have me confused for months to come.

1,4,5 are still out there i'm sure.  the HUB got destroyed yes but the cylon flett is massive there will be more elsewhere. the rebel basestar couldn't have destroyed the hub if the entire fleet where there.
Recent Ratings

I'm thinking that when the Hybrid said that Kara Thrace was the harbinger of death and they must not follow her, I am thinking that "they" might be the Cylons.  Or, it could be the final five.  I also wondered if all of this is actually taking place in Earth's future as well and the thought of them coming back in a kind of Noah's ark type thing is pretty interesting.

Also, anyone notice that De'anna said she was already in contact with the four that have already been revealed?  I don't think I've ever seen her talking or communicating with those four that we believe to be Cylons.  Maybe I'm wrong.
Recent Ratings
Too legit to quit!

Reply 1#1 silver1978's post

Well you right the battle was brillant-i can't wait find out who final one is if it Roslyn than so be it but it will be interesting to see if they will reveal it or not in season 4.

this does raise the question about chief baby-is that baby half cylone oh wait could callie be a cylon?. your right it does lead to a lot of question doesn't it?.

must be nice to have someone worship balter-it really made me laugh.

wow excuation of some copies by that woman was brutal
Recent Ratings

Reply 1#1 waterlilybarb's post

i just finished it and moving on season 4 but your right this show has taken a different direction Tory-OMG see her with Balter shocked me but killing Callie was shocking but her character has change so quiet to being a major character in season 4. i can't wait see final one next year.

i can't wait to see roslyn reaction when she finds out about Troy her trusted friend

I am banking on Rosilone, Look at it, the 40 people ahead of her to suceed the president are elminated. Not to mention that the cylon infiltration probably had tabs on all the important government officals, so i think it would have been easy for them to put on of their own on top.
Recent Ratings

Thread