Thread
Printable Version

Battlestar Galactica Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 50#50 Tigernach's post

but she dying of cancer in season 4 so who knows?-i highly doubt it's her

i was thinking it was  Adama but i'm not sure now

Boomer-i don't think so

i watched all of the season 4 episode i have few thing i want to discuss first thing is the hub?-ain't there more 1? it seem a bit stupid only one?

Anyway last episode was intense i mean when 3 final cylone were in airlock you didn't know what was going happen than suddenly we are all in agreement to work together-it just seem go around in circles i mean first peace than war than alliance and than back cylone war against each other and now working together. i just want it over and done with but we have wait until next year to find out what happens next? good clif-hanger through  .

Second thing how long are we going wait to find out who the final one is?

Lee has president-was i the only one that saw that coming

Balter and Roslyn-there was moment when i thought he was declare his love for her when lying on the table in the other ship but I'm glad she didn't kill him both of them are important character for the show.

this is the last season-got to see how wrap up this story-line up

I'm wondering if they really found Earth or not.  If they are following the original series as a guideline, then it's possible that they haven't found Earth, yet.  In the original series, they found another planet that had been at war and were on the verge of nuclear annihilation.   Maybe this is an Earth-like planet.  Well, if there is more to this season, I'm sure we'll find all the answers.

Also, didn't the prophecies say that Roslin will never see Earth or something.  I also noticed that they were careful not to show any details about the planet like continents and everything.  Usually, when a TV show or movie wants to definitely tell you that it's Earth, they show a familiar hemisphere.

[ Last edited by desertdarlene at 7-15-2008 14:08 ]
Too legit to quit!

Surely the final cylon being boomer is flawed because Boomer has re-incarnated twice I think.  If it is actually a different model from the 8s rather than simply a different set of memories/programs then the 7 would realise, because they would have 8 different models in the resurrection ships rather than 7. I think we can be fairly sure that the 7 and the 5 have had nothing to do with each other up until now.

I reckon it will be Zak Adama.  The Zak legacy kind of died by the end of the first series, with no more talk of kara being the last link between the surviving Adama's and their dead brother.  If not then I don't know, it could still be Kara, or one of the children isn't a bad idea.  Why not Ellen?  Balthar would know though, because he did the test on Ellen and claimed she was human, but then said that no one would ever find out the truth.  If Balthar knows then he's not acting like it.

I still have a problem with the fact that the XO is a cylon.  It means that 10 years after the first Cylon war they had already evolved into skin jobs - or that the last 5 skin jobs come from somewhere else (like earth?).  And it means that Tai's military record from fighting in the first cylon war must be entirely fabricated - because he was "re-instated" by Adama when he had become a major.  

And what about the virus on the earth satellite thing that infected all those cylons?  Could that virus be wondering around earth?  Perhaps the radiation has killed it.

I don't quite know what they were hoping to find on Earth anyway?  A fully working colony, which would then be drawn into the cylon battles themselves and likely be wiped out along with the colonials?  An empty planet, to hide on until the bad cylons caught up with them?  I get the impression it is all too radioactive to be a good place to settle - why not just go back to Kobol, that seemed lush enough, with trees and heritage and stuff.  Perhaps they need to find the Opera House on earth and discover their destiny - which must have something to do with the cylon/human hybrid babies (of which there is one male and one female, who'd have guessed).  

As someone has already pointed out, why is Roslin still alive?  It isn't as if she is still cured (why doesn't she just used the miracle babies blood again?), she is actually nearly dead and yet she is standing on earth.  I don't get it.
Recent Ratings
  • waterlilybarb Points +5 great points - thanks for participating 5-28-2009 18:44

quick question

i was continplating starting to watch BSG, so i clicked on episode 1 of season 1 and it starts with a last time preview - did this series start with a made for tv movie?

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

Reply 13#13 kwargalla's post

yes it was a 2 90 minutes movie in 2 parts.

it was mini-series before it became a full tv show.

Battlestar Galactica 4x11

So dee blow her head off which makes me think she's final cyclone than at end we find out who it is i'm like WHAT-it can't be her it makes no sense   

Reply 55#55 bala's post

From the episode, I thought it was pretty clear that it was Ellen, Tigh's wife.

It was a good episode.  Kara finding her own charred remains was interesting.  On the Space channel, the evening was all BSG stuff, and one of the guys proposed that maybe they're all cylons in some way.  I found that an interesting theory.  I don't think that's it, but can't wait to see how they wrap everything up.

Dee's suicide was rather shocking, but at the same time not, because of her reaction to what they found on the planet, and how overly happy she was acting with Lee.  Very sad.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 56#56 waterlilybarb's post

Yea Ellen was the final Cylon (If the 13th colony was all cylons and Ellen was on Earth with Saul during that time- 1+1=2, plus she said they would be reborn together). Frankly I find that extremely disappointing. I was hoping for something much more dramatic like Zak Adama or something. but if Ellen is the final cylon then what is up with Kara?

The thing with Dee. That was certainly shocking.

It's odd, because I do find that there are a lot of deeper themes in this show- like what makes a human human. It's sad that being a SciFi show, it is so often overlooked for awards and such.

I will be putting up a quiz about this episode soon, possibly Monday. i want to re-watch the episode before I do.
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting."
E. E. Cummings

Reply 57#57 silver1978's post

am i correct to think there are only 4 more episode until series ends right?

Reply 58#58 bala's post

There are 9 more after this one that just aired.
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting."
E. E. Cummings

If Ellen is the final Cylon, then what is Kara?  Is it possible that there are more than 12 Cylons?  Perhaps this whole planet is "Cylon".  Maybe it's not Earth at all.  Or, maybe it's Earth in the future and they figured out a way to reincarnate into cloned bodies.

Lots of questions to be answered.
Too legit to quit!

Quote:
Battlestar Galactica showrunner Ronald D. Moore has explained his decision to make Ellen Tigh the Final Cylon.

The mysterious character's identity was finally revealed when the acclaimed series recently resumed its fourth season.

Moore told the Chicago Tribune: "There's a certain logic to it. I figured out early on that I liked the pairing of her and [Saul] Tigh. [I liked] that there was something deeper to their marriage and deeper to their relationship, that it was literally a relationship that had transcended time and space. ... And he had killed her for collaborating with the Cylons!"

Moore also explained his reasons for not drawing out the Final Cylon mystery for longer: "We wanted to shock, and we wanted to change the game plan. I knew that I didn't want to reveal the final Cylon at the end.

"I just felt like that was too much [pressure] on the end of the show, and I didn't want to have to answer this question [then]. And I didn't want the show to devolve into, 'Who's the fifth Cylon?'"

What I don't get is that didn't Ellen Tigh die within range of a resurrection ship?  She was on New Caprica at the time and I believe all the other Cylons were able to resurrect during that time.  So, why didn't Ellen resurrect again.

Someone else said something interesting on another site.   They said that the no. 6 Cylon is a lot like a younger Ellen.  Perhaps they age and Ellen was once a 6 and Starbuck is really the last of the final 5..  

But, for me, I don't know.  I wonder, though, if Ellen died when the Cylons blew up Caprica and was resurrected.  Remember when Tigh was looking up and down for her and Adama actually found her?
Recent Ratings
Too legit to quit!

Reply 62#62 desertdarlene's post

last week episode was intense you really putting you thinking cap on try explain politics in this episode i don't get it

Battlestar Galactica 4x13

Wow this episode was amazing

Yeah, I am wondering who will survive to the end.  Do you think it's possible that all the main characters will die?

I used to like Gaeta, but now I really dislike him.
Too legit to quit!

Reply 65#65 desertdarlene's post

I finally got to watch it...actually had to catch up...and WOW what an episode.  I'm glad I waited to watch ths one since it's "to be continued" because I don't know if I could have stood the suspense for an entire week.  It will be interesting to see who's left standing at the end of the series.

I'm glad that Adama got his ship back.  Next week looks interesting.  Ellen Tigh will be resurrected with all the memories of everything that went on.  It should be interesting.
Too legit to quit!

Reply 67#67 desertdarlene's post

I am too.  It certainly was a nail-biter.  This show is definitely going out with a bang.

I missed that Ellen would be resurrected in the promos for next week, but that should be really be interesting - especially if she's bringing all her memories with her.

Thread