108 123456
Thread
Printable Version

Battlestar Galactica Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 88#88 bala's post

Because there were cylons among the survivors and Hera, the cylon/human hybrid, I think the future was showing that they became a different race - though it didn't show what the Centurions were up to 150,000 years in the future.  It was them who had initially created the "skin jobs", so who knows if they did it again?
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

I don't know what to think about the finale.  I mean, there's so many questions to be answered, like what was Kara in the first place?  Was she a spirit?

And, did I hear Baltar or 6 say something about God not liking that name?
Too legit to quit!

Reply 90#90 desertdarlene's post

Those were 2 of my "huh?" moments of the finale too.  Baltar & 6 said something about God, and then said - he doesn't like to be called that.  What?

And Starbuck - what was with the pigeon?  I didn't quite get it...again, what?

Other than that, the ending, on the whole, made sense.  I got to watch "The Last Frakkin Special" just before the last 2 episodes which was helpful as the creators/writers explained a little as to why they ended it like they did - without saying what the ending was, of course.

I don't really like that they created a loop, but it does explain why the hybrids would say "all this has happened before and it will all happen again".  It has to happen again or the human race would have come out different or have become extinct as they were actually pretty close to being so 150K years ago.

I also want to know how and when they traveled to the 12 colonies.

I missed the special as I don't have cable.  I might try to find it online.
Recent Ratings
Too legit to quit!

Reply 92#92 desertdarlene's post

I don't know if we'll find out about how they travelled to the colonies, but Caprica is going to be about how they first created the robotic Cylons, among other things.  It's going straight to DVD and download, I think April 21st is the release date.  From the previews I've seen, it looks good - and Ron Moore & David Eick have been with it from the start, which bodes well for the quality.

I agree with some of you in that the ending was confusing.  Who was Kara?  It seemed like a quiet ending to an action packed series.  I say this was one of my favorite sci fi shows of all time.  And I discovered it right here on vip tv:
Recent Ratings
Rick

Reply 94#94 anorocle's post

With references to Biblical events (fictionally made up in the story) people places and things it is hard to remember who is who.  Kara in my opinion is an angel.  The references to being the harbinger of death might have meant death to the cylons, or death to the human race as it would fall again.  I thought of her being an angel because once settled on the world, Kara says a final goodbye to Admiral Adama and tells Lee she's leaving - her 'job is done' - and will not be coming back. Kara then apparently disappears into thin air and is not seen again.  Baltar is obviously god as he is seen years into the future.  However he really could be a hybrid which is why he has six in his head.  There are so many theories that you could keep reading for years.  Just have your own interpretation it's easier that way
Recent Ratings

"really, you think! Please continue to state the perfectly obvious. It fills me with confidence." Cavil

Sarcasm at it's best.  Daybreak Pt 2
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

108 123456
Thread