Thread
Printable Version

Battlestar Galactica Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

I don't know if anyone saw the episodes in the original series where I think it was Apollo and Starbuck found an Earthlike planet called "Terra".  They were actually intercepted in space by these god-like beings and when they were there, their uniforms and vipers turned white similar to what Kara's viper did in this first episode.  I know that they like to build on the old series, so I am wondering if this is what they are doing.  Perhaps a similar thing happened to Kara that happened to Apollo and Starbuck in the original series.  

Kara mentioned something about a yellow moon, but I don't consider our moon yellow, though the photo she had looked like our moon.  And, she remembered passing thorough a triple star system or a triple binary star system, but I don't think there are any of those near us, too.  The thing that throws me off is that she said the stars were aligned correctly, but perhaps that could be wrong, too because I think the temple of Athena was built thousands of years ago and the alignment could have changed.

I think it's possible that the President is going the right way, but there are some divine beings trying to draw Kara and everyone else to another planet.
Too legit to quit!

Reply 4#4 waterlilybarb's post

I think the classic episode was called  "Experiment in Terra"  and it's available on the net.  It was one of the last episodes on the main part of the classic series.  There were a few episodes in the last half of that series that referred to Terra.
Too legit to quit!

Sci.com

I just wanted to let anyone know that if you want to watch the episodes really early, Scifi.com is airing them on Fridays at 12PM noon, EDT.   But, it's live, only plays once, you can't rewind or pause it, and it plays on a tiny screen.   I just watched the latest one, but I won't comment on it for a couple of days so people here can watch it on the VIP channel.  It was pretty good.
Too legit to quit!

Reply 8#8 waterlilybarb's post

The episode should be available to everyone in the world, but it only plays at 12 Noon EDT in the United States (I just realized that there is a EDT for Australia, too) and it only plays once and then it's gone.  I don't know what time that is in your part of the world, but try it at that time next Friday.  I think timeanddate.com has a world clock to use.  

I hope it's playing next Friday, it said it was when I watched it.

I think it was funny that the Six that Baltar sees is of himself now.  I am wondering, again, if Baltar is a Cylon and that by them reconfiguring certain things, it has changed the way they interact with him.  But, it's hilarious because he's so sarcastic even to himself.

This "in-fighting" is kinda interesting.  I know that the one guy (Dean Stockwell's Character) seems to indicate that the final five have "evolved".  I am wondering if the final five were able to become completely organic.  That is, they are fully alive with no programming and can pro-create just like regular humans.  Didn't Cally have a baby with Tyrol?

[ Last edited by desertdarlene at 4-13-2008 12:37 ]
Too legit to quit!

Live Streaming Episodes

I just got an e-mail in my box that says that they will stream the next Battlestar Galactica episode (4/18/2008) on Scifi.com between 9AM and 4PM ET this Friday.  It will start  every hour on the hour.  So, that should give everyone a chance to see it early who wants to.  I can start watching it at 6AM in my time zone.  

But, I'll have to do my exercise first.  
Too legit to quit!

You know, the one thing I noticed was that the four said that they knew they were Cylons when they were in (or near) the nebula.  And, I remember they were hearing the music at that time.  I am beginning to get more convinced that there is some sort of sub-space phenomena there, perhaps a wormhole leading to Earth.  But, it could also be a spiritual realm that is a barrier that the Cylons can't cross.  It's a far-out theory, but it's got me thinking.

What do you think about them killing all those other Cylons?  It seems like they have a war with each other,now, and it'll distract them from pursuing the humans.  Perhaps this is all in (their) God's plan.  I wonder if God is now trying to destroy them to let the humans find their way to Earth.  

Again, this is a crazy theory and I may be way off.  But, one thing I like about this show is it's spiritual component.  It's something the old episodes failed to flesh out.
Too legit to quit!

Oh, man!  I was watching the streaming video on Scifi.com when it stopped half way through.  It said the episode had ended.  Well, I'm glad that I can get it on this site.
Too legit to quit!

I remember there was something in an earlier episode that said something about the person or prophetess or whatever who leads them to Earth will have a "wasting disease" and won't make it there.  I think I remember it being in the first or second season that it was implied that Roslyn is the person the book of Pythia might be talking about.  But, when Roslyn got better, I kinda forgot about it.
Too legit to quit!

I am finding myself a little dissatisfied at the pace at which these latest episodes are going.  This was the first episode where I wasn't totally glued to the screen the whole time and actually had to come back and watch the second half later.  The next episode looks interesting because it seems that Starbuck talks to the Hybrid who tells her what the other Hybrid said about her in Razor.  I wonder how things are going to sort out when she knows that.
Too legit to quit!

I also think this was an improved episode over the last episode.  So, did the message say that the final five are from the 13th tribe and from Earth?  That's very fascinating.  Perhaps the final five Cylons are humans after all.   I don't know, that could be a stretch.  And, I guess Deanna can finger out who those final five are, so I wonder if she will recognize the four we've seen so far.

[ Last edited by desertdarlene at 5-11-2008 18:20 ]
Too legit to quit!

I haven't seen the episode as it hasn't been posted, yet, anywhere on the internet.  I will let you know when I've seen it.  I think it's going to be available after the 24th.
Too legit to quit!

Reply 33#33 waterlilybarb's post

Thanks.  I have VIP, but that episode hadn't been loaded yet.  I did get to see it today, though.  I think Shannon had a great idea with Kara being the harbinger of the Cylon's death and not the humans' death.  It think it didn't say who Kara was leading into destruction, just "them".  

What I can't wait to see is where the base ship jumped to and what's going to happen to Roslyn, Six, and Baltar.
Too legit to quit!

I'm thinking that when the Hybrid said that Kara Thrace was the harbinger of death and they must not follow her, I am thinking that "they" might be the Cylons.  Or, it could be the final five.  I also wondered if all of this is actually taking place in Earth's future as well and the thought of them coming back in a kind of Noah's ark type thing is pretty interesting.

Also, anyone notice that De'anna said she was already in contact with the four that have already been revealed?  I don't think I've ever seen her talking or communicating with those four that we believe to be Cylons.  Maybe I'm wrong.
Recent Ratings
Too legit to quit!

I'm wondering if they really found Earth or not.  If they are following the original series as a guideline, then it's possible that they haven't found Earth, yet.  In the original series, they found another planet that had been at war and were on the verge of nuclear annihilation.   Maybe this is an Earth-like planet.  Well, if there is more to this season, I'm sure we'll find all the answers.

Also, didn't the prophecies say that Roslin will never see Earth or something.  I also noticed that they were careful not to show any details about the planet like continents and everything.  Usually, when a TV show or movie wants to definitely tell you that it's Earth, they show a familiar hemisphere.

[ Last edited by desertdarlene at 7-15-2008 14:08 ]
Too legit to quit!

If Ellen is the final Cylon, then what is Kara?  Is it possible that there are more than 12 Cylons?  Perhaps this whole planet is "Cylon".  Maybe it's not Earth at all.  Or, maybe it's Earth in the future and they figured out a way to reincarnate into cloned bodies.

Lots of questions to be answered.
Too legit to quit!

What I don't get is that didn't Ellen Tigh die within range of a resurrection ship?  She was on New Caprica at the time and I believe all the other Cylons were able to resurrect during that time.  So, why didn't Ellen resurrect again.

Someone else said something interesting on another site.   They said that the no. 6 Cylon is a lot like a younger Ellen.  Perhaps they age and Ellen was once a 6 and Starbuck is really the last of the final 5..  

But, for me, I don't know.  I wonder, though, if Ellen died when the Cylons blew up Caprica and was resurrected.  Remember when Tigh was looking up and down for her and Adama actually found her?
Recent Ratings
Too legit to quit!

Yeah, I am wondering who will survive to the end.  Do you think it's possible that all the main characters will die?

I used to like Gaeta, but now I really dislike him.
Too legit to quit!

I'm glad that Adama got his ship back.  Next week looks interesting.  Ellen Tigh will be resurrected with all the memories of everything that went on.  It should be interesting.
Too legit to quit!

I don't know what to think about the finale.  I mean, there's so many questions to be answered, like what was Kara in the first place?  Was she a spirit?

And, did I hear Baltar or 6 say something about God not liking that name?
Too legit to quit!

I don't really like that they created a loop, but it does explain why the hybrids would say "all this has happened before and it will all happen again".  It has to happen again or the human race would have come out different or have become extinct as they were actually pretty close to being so 150K years ago.

I also want to know how and when they traveled to the 12 colonies.

I missed the special as I don't have cable.  I might try to find it online.
Recent Ratings
Too legit to quit!

Thread