Thread
Printable Version

Battlestar Galactica Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Season 4 Discussion Thread ((((!!SPOILERS!!))))

Ok so I got to watch the episode and the battle scene at the beginning was just, well, awesome! I must say it just left me with more and more questions.

Still want to know who the final Cylon model is. Is it Kara? I think that would be a huge cop-out. Judging from Caprica spin-off leaks, I am right now putting some coin on the elder Adama, bu I am probably totally wrong! Oh, I wonder if we had some foreshadowing in this episode about Lee's brother. What if he is the final Cylon model? How crazy would that be?!?!

Baltar and his happy tribe- argh what can we say?? I just have this feeling they are going to martyr him in some way in order to parallel him (in a preverse way really if you look at the things he has done) with Jesus.

So will Kara shoot our lovely president? Are Saul and Anders going to snap and start shooting too?

Discuss!

[ Last edited by silver1978 at 4-6-2008 01:37 ]
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting."
E. E. Cummings

Reply 10#10 waterlilybarb's post

I think Boomer's voting has to do with her connections with the human fleet. The number ones wanted the raiders reprogrammed so they would have no qualms about destroying the humans. The ability for the raiders to make decisions was what prevented them from destroying the fleet when they were in place to do so. Is this a demonstration of Boomer's apathy to those she used to live amongst?

The whole thing with the raiders brings back an important theme from Battlestar (IMHO). The final five appear completely human (supposedly), have led human lives, defend the human fleet, etc. - What makes them not human? Are they not physiologically the same as humans? We know they can feel emotions like humans (even Gina after her imprisonment and abuse reacted like a human). Of course, not all of the Cylons are that close to humanity, but we now see a further evolution in the 2's, 6's, and 8's with their empathy for the raiders. If the final five are completely organic like Darlene suggests, then are they truly still Cylons?
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting."
E. E. Cummings

This episode, at first I was pretty bored, seemed so slow. But YOWSER!

I agree, don't think its Kara.

Tory: NASTY. Fully embracing the Cylon lifestyle isn't she. That was really intense. I thought for sure that they would catch her snooping and be forced to kill her to keep the secret, but I thought it would be a joint decision there.

I feel bad for Anders. Between dealing with the Cylon revelation and Kara coming back from the dead /changing, to still wanting to maintain his humanity is something.

[ Last edited by silver1978 at 4-20-2008 00:09 ]
E. E. Cummings

The bar scene with Tyrol. He seemed to not have known what he was doing. Is this part of their "activation?" Or is the stress of the secret getting to them? Tory, I think, is definitely embracing her Cylon self and will probably be the downfall of the crew Cylons.

You are right about Lee though. His intentions are good, but he does seem rather short sighted as to the possible consequences of his actions. I almost wonder if his actions (which seemingly mesh with Cylon intentions) might be a result of him being a Cylon as well- another part of me says no way.

Overall, I felt this episode was really lacking. We got no more answers and just more questions. Being the last seasons, the episodes have got to step it up some if we are going to get some closure on all the questions.
E. E. Cummings

Reply 24#24 desertdarlene's post

Yes, it is most definitely failing to keep up the pace for me. It's the last season, I just expect so much more. What did we really learn this episode? It seemed like such a filler except for the mutiny.
E. E. Cummings

Gaeta as the final Cylon? /yawn. If it's true, I'm bored. I would think it would be much more explosive. Even though he has been in the background and important in some ways, I am just not interested in him or his character to be honest.

I was wondering if the Hybrid meant Kara would bring death to the humans or to the Cylons. With the speech about mortality, it seems like a reasonable explanation that she is bringing true death to the Cylons. As such, if the Cylons experience true death, there would be a fundamental change in their experiences- that is one of the last barriers to them being truly human. It is our mortality that makes us strive to create, invent, have children, emphasize with others, and many more things. We want to leave something of ourselves to be remembered once we are gone.

I was happier with this episode then the rest of this season, but truly still feel unfulfilled. The jump at the end was good though, left me wanting to see the next episode.
E. E. Cummings

Reply 35#35 waterlilybarb's post

If Six is a Cylon and Tigh is a Cylon then would their baby be a new Cylon model?

Got more to talk about but working on that darn term paper....must stop reading and posting!
E. E. Cummings

I really liked this episode. I am still digesting it but will come back with more discussion.

One thing off the top of my head though is the "close the door" comment from the hybrid? What was that?
E. E. Cummings

D'Anna saying their were only 4 of the 5 in the fleet makes me curious.
I am very curious about the unborn child as well. If it will be a new model?

My candidates at this point for the last of the five are:
Baltar (big thing to be forgiven for) but I feel unlikely because it would be very obvious. Although he WAS on the baseship and not with the fleet when D'Anna made her statement.
Zach Adama (for shock value), it would also fit with the time that the Leoben model said that Adama was a Cylon. Possible Spoiler here: Plus, one of the first Cylons created was a copy of with the personality Bill Adama's sister so Joseph Adama (Bills father, Lee's grandfather) could also be a candidate feeling guilt over what he helped create /End Spoiler
Ellen Tigh (another one with forgiveness issues), plus would put the Cylon count at 6 male 6 female

As for Earth- my husband watched this episode with me and I told him before they reached Earth that the place was going to be totally nuked and that the original colonies were like a Noah's Ark for the human race after the war. If the Final model is one that is "dead" in the fleet, I expect they will encounter that model on Earth.

GRRR I can't wait so long for the last episodes!!
E. E. Cummings

Reply 56#56 waterlilybarb's post

Yea Ellen was the final Cylon (If the 13th colony was all cylons and Ellen was on Earth with Saul during that time- 1+1=2, plus she said they would be reborn together). Frankly I find that extremely disappointing. I was hoping for something much more dramatic like Zak Adama or something. but if Ellen is the final cylon then what is up with Kara?

The thing with Dee. That was certainly shocking.

It's odd, because I do find that there are a lot of deeper themes in this show- like what makes a human human. It's sad that being a SciFi show, it is so often overlooked for awards and such.

I will be putting up a quiz about this episode soon, possibly Monday. i want to re-watch the episode before I do.
E. E. Cummings

Reply 58#58 bala's post

There are 9 more after this one that just aired.
E. E. Cummings

Thread