Thread
Printable Version

Updated on May 16th: VIP.tv-video.net reopened

Updated on May 16th: VIP.tv-video.net reopened

For celebrating the fourth anniversary of VIPTV.net on May 1st, Viptv.net will abandon RM sreaming and embrance high-quality flash streaming. The upgrade will be started at GMT 2:00 on April 30th and streaming server will be offline for about six hours. Flash streaming brings all members much better audiovisual effect and just requires Adobe Flash Player plugin which has been preloaded on most of computers. And most of current TV shows will be available in Flash except for some Animation shows. Updated: VIPTV.net has upgraded to Flash streaming. A new version VOD system is used. If you find any bugs, please report here and you will be awarded 10 forum points( can be exchanged to VIP points) at least. Updated on May 5th: Pop-up window will be available soon later. Now it's still in test. This function will allow member to adjust the size of pop-up window and and facilitate multiple tasking. Updated on May 9th: Complying with the development trend, we admin use Flash to replace RM to provide better service for our members. Flash is much more used by online stream services and can be played on more and more systems. I apologize that we don't give members enough time before this upgrade. Some members still can not play our Flash streaming smoothly after optimizing their computers due that our Flash file size is roughly three times than its RM counterpart. So we decide to prolong RM running for one year till April 30, 2012. And RM streaming will be available again at http://vip.tv-video.net with EU server only. Members' accounts will be synchronized, i.e. you can get your real-time left points number or expiration date of unlimited service on vip.tv-video.net as well as viptv.net. But viewing history on two sites(viptv.net and vip.tv-video.net) can not be synchronized due to technical issue. That’s to say that view entry will be logged in viptv.net and vip.tv-video.net respectively. And please note that the same episode on two sites will cost your pts twice if you play it on two sites respectively even in 24hrs. Updated on May 14th: Due that new RM updates need more time to catch up, VIP.tv-video.net will be reopened on May 16. Updated on May 16th: Vip.tv-video.net is reopened offering RM streaming.
We keep improving services for you.

Reply 1#1 lbjedward's post

Thanks for the early notice

Thank you for this information

Just a suggestion to put a link in the Announcements on VIP for those that don't use this forum
Recent Ratings
  • shinny Points +10 For your suggestion !! 4-28-2011 04:16
  • shinny Treasure +10 For your suggestion !! 4-28-2011 04:16

Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

I am sure he will put that up but it's quite exciting waiting for this to be finally launched.. Normally when site get offline member who don't visit the forum will come on it. i just hope they don't increase points per episode because it's flash. [ Last edited by bala at 4-27-2011 10:48 ]

Reply 5#5 bala's post

You hope they increase points??? There will be no change to the cost per episode.....so no it won't.
A Fine Member of the Mod  Squad!

Reply 6#6 dognxtdoor's post

Sorry i meant don't increase

Reply 5#5 bala's post

I suppose with tvfull they have those already in flash but changing the rest is still a big job and will they covert what they have or find a new source which should fix all the faulty episodes and why would you hope they increase points per episode, tvfull started at 7 points but a small increase should be expected

Reply 8#8 codebreaker's post

Yeah i don't mind if any animation is missing it's the new show that recently added like Criminal Minds Suspect Behaviour and Hawaii Five-0 as long they are on the site i will be happy along with regular shows. I made a typo i meant i hope they don't -missed the word don't which is why i edited the comment above.. sometimes i type way too fast .

Reply 9#9 bala's post

Yes i realised that after i posted it because I'm so slow at typing

Reply 10#10 codebreaker's post

When you type a comment, are you watch another show at same time or do you post after you finish ?. I notice when i am not watching anything my comments are a lot more accurate and make more sense compared when i am watching & typing.

Reply 11#11 bala's post

I usually pause unless it's a comedy which is what they say is more important

I usually comment when I'm watching shows, reading comments, mowing the lawn, plotting world dominiation.........well you know that women are great at multitasking right???

On a serious note. I'll often split the screen and watch my show and do some other things too.

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 4-27-2011 10:13 Just a suggestion to put a link in the Announcements on VIP for those that don't use this forum
He has just done that Attention: Server will be offline for upgrading to Flash

thanks for the upgrade lbj!!!

What about media controls?

Will the flash video player you're going to be using allow keyboard media controls like pause/play etc? Will it still allow full screen playback?

Reply 17#17 thelimpingtoad's post

Yes to both

do we know how long the server will be down for?

Reply 19#19 jake1210's post

It say 6-8 hours in comment 1

Thread