Thread
Printable Version

Burn Notice Season 5-7 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 40#40 sanggye's post

They have done that 4 years it get a bit boring saving the little guy .

Reply 41#41 bala's post

No it doesn't, at least for me.  This whole save the world thing is boring, there are too many shows out there that have that attitude.  It worked for many successful shows, and people like it.  Think it is one of the reasons people like Burn Notice, they like seeing the little guy get their revenge.  Instead we have Michael working on CIA missions, that have no emotion involved.
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Quote:
Originally posted by arksongbird80 at 7-29-2011 10:30  
Oh I gave up on House years ago.  The same for one tree hill and smallville.  I came back to them later though...
I watched 6 seasons of house in a two month period, and then lost all interest in it, every episode is pretty much the exact same.  Never watched One Tree Hill, those type of shows I have no interest in.  And if you saw my Smallville comments, you know I only watched them to get to the end, and was so glad when it finished.
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Reply 40#40 sanggye's post

See That must be why it's lost my attention.  I grow bored with this CIA stuff.  That's why I don't watch Covert Affairs or anything like that.  I'm just not interested.

@bala:  You are ABOLUTELY CORRECT!!  In just a few show weeks, we'll know if Kate Says I LOVE YOU back to Castle.  We'll see Flight Attendants go around the world, and many many more.  
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Quote:
Originally posted by sanggye at 7-29-2011 22:07  
No it doesn't, at least for me.  This whole save the world thing is boring, there are too many shows out there that have that attitude.  It worked for many successful shows, and people like it.  Think ...
Wow he's not saving the world he's not superman . Sorry couldn't resist putting a superman reference. ok your right the one main reason why Burn notice is because of the human emotion and they still kept that even when he goes off the reservation Fiona, his mother and Chuck keep him grounded.. Compare this show covert affairs is wrong they different shows. This isn't CIA show you need remember season arc for this season seeing micheal weston as a spy i figure somehow end this season he would getting burnt.

Reply 45#45 bala's post

He technically still is burnt, no-one has unburned him yet.  That is why he is only an asset for the CIA.   And he has just saved the world in the newest episode, super weapon stolen by Serbians.  If he does keep running missions for the CIA, that is what it is going to be about, just like Covert Affairs.

Reply 46#46 sanggye's post

One off, what about the episode he helped brother of sister who was abused by her boyfriend. That was just one episode you mention. Your making it sound like we had 5-8 episodes where he's saving that was just 1 episode .

Reply 47#47 bala's post

Every episode has had a CIA mission in it but 1 so far, each one has been more and more serious.  I don't mind him looking for the agent's killer, cause that has something to do with him, and yes he has helped people in every episode but this one. I am worried that they will be just focusing more on CIA stuff and lose a the heart and soul of the show.  

Sorry Bala, we all have our likes and dislikes, I am not a big fan of  cop shows (includes FBI, CIA, ect) unless they have a twist (Bones, Castle, Chuck I like)   CSI, Covert Affairs, 24, all those I find very predictable, with little originality involved and in many ways are interchangeable with each other.  I also because of time, have to choose my shows, as it is I am way behind on many series, and when a series gets too bowing or tedious to watch (House, the Mentalist) then I drop them.

Reply 48#48 sanggye's post

I agree entirely.  Because of time I just can't get bogged down with tedium shows start having.  Gotta pick and choose my entertainment level.

Reply 48#48 sanggye's post

You don't have to apologise we are just having a friendly discussion and i respect your opinion i am not saying anything negative we are just disagree. Most of the time on here we are all in agreement and it get a bit boring so when we have a difference of opinion i always try my best explore this.

I think you mean every episode this season had a CIA mission. I am talking about the whole series rather than just season 5. I think this where our misunderstanding is happening. All i am saying, why don't we both wait and see how season 5 end and than have discussion as whole season?. That will give both of us a better idea how season 6 will play out.

I am thinking there still be episode where he will help innocent people but it tied in with CIA missions. So it will like two storylines per episode. The focusing more on CIA stuff is so audience can see what Michel did as a spy.  i try my best not compare this show other show since you pointed out this show is rather diffrent from CIA FBI show has they do what they want without any rules as long bag guy get hurt and no innocent people get hurt they have done their job.

Reply 50#50 bala's post

I get you, my man    I do think we get to see Michael in every episode do his spy work,  and we always had the 2 storyline, helping the people out and trying to figure out who burned him.  Now we got 3 storylines in a episode if he helps out someone, The CIA mission, the help out the lil' guy mission, and who killed the Agent (trying to frame Michael) mission, and with all that, something is going to get hurt.

Reply 51#51 sanggye's post

I got into this show a couple of years ago, and just got caught up over the past two or so months. I think it's an awesome show, that the writers have done a fantastic job with all the characters.
I think this season is about showing us what Micheal's life was like & will be again when he goes back to the CIA.

This is my prediction and why I think this season (showing him as CIA), is so important. I think that he will be offered to rejoin the CIA, but he will turn it down, because the opportunities he's had to go on mission's as a CIA "asset", shows him that that's not the life he really wants. What he really lives to do and loves is saving the little guy, Fiona & even being near his mom. So, this is an important season not only for us to see what he was like as a CIA agent, but for him to see what he really wants. Just my opinion, I guess we'll have to keep watching to see what's really going to happen.

Will he be faced with a life changing choice, or will something happen that will make the CIA change their mind about letting him become an agent again, or will it be something that no one can predict?

BTW, I hate his hair this season, it's not Michael at all, IMO.   

Reply 52#52 gypsiegirl66's post

I think you maybe right i was thinking same thing but i wasn't sure if he could walk away when he has been obsessed about getting back i think he will have a hard time letting go and walking away. . After almost 5 years i don't it will easy for him do what you say it would be nice.

5x06 Enemy of My Enemy

Sam steeling the CIA glasses was amusing but the way Fiona and Madeline got access to the facial recognition computer was great

Beseiged

Well this was average episode so much for saving little guy

Reply 55#55 bala's post

I actually rather enjoyed this episode.  We got to saving the little dude.  They went against a malitia and that's always fun!!!     The scaredy guy with Mr Pickles was amusing but mostly it was Mr. Pickles.

Reply 56#56 arksongbird80's post

Well it nice to have a change and at least next week is better Fiona ex coming to Miami

Reply 57#57 bala's post

I liked this episode.  This is the Burn Notice that I like, he helped the mother and at the same time helped the father.  He then also worked on his own case with the mistaken identity.

Hard Out

Well another good episode and Michel was lucky he was able convince the bad guy into believing him and what way for them to get him in custody

Reply 59#59 bala's post

It was interesting the way that they took over the whole island security

Thread