110 123456
Thread
Printable Version

Switched at Birth Season 1-4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Switched at Birth Season 1-4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Switched at Birth Premieres on ABC Family on June 06, 2011

Switched at Birth, a one-hour scripted drama, tells the story of two teenage girls who discover they were accidentally switched as newborns in the hospital. Bay Kennish grew up in a wealthy family with two parents and a brother, while Daphne Vasquez, who lost her hearing at an early age due to a case of meningitis, grew up with a single mother in a working-class neighborhood. Things come to a dramatic head when both families meet and struggle to learn how to live together for the sake of the girls.

Switched at Birth stars newcomer Katie Leclerc as Daphne Vasquez; Vanessa Marano (Gilmore Girls) as Bay Kennish; Constance Marie (George Lopez) as Regina Vasquez; D.W. Moffett (Friday Night Lights) as John Kennish; Lea Thompson (Back to the Future, Caroline in the City) as Kathryn Kennish; and Lucas Grabeel (High School Musical) as Toby Kennish.

Lizzy Weiss (Blue Crush), Paul Stupin (Make It or Break It) and John Ziffren (Melissa & Joey, Make It or Break It) serve as executive producers.
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Switched at Birth Here

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 5-28-2011 16:28 ]

1x01 This Is Not a Pipe

Interesting first episode but what a difference in reaction Bye had compared to Daphne considering she set the ball in motion but the Kennish's what them both where Daphne's mother doesn't seem interested in Bye until the end

Reply 10#10 bala's post

Bay being happy to stick with her weeks punishment at the barbecue was amusing considering if it was up for debate between the three of them it might of been a month

Reply 14#14 kellemanske's post

I think Emmett was talking about Daphne and i think at the moment Bay has got the short straw with her biological mom taking it very slow to get to know her and her father more interested in Daphne but the whole keeping it quiet is stupid

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 6-21-2011 19:14 ]

1x04 Dance Amongst Daggers

That was so funny when the girls announced their new boyfriends and it's a shame that Daphne decided to break up with Liam because of Bay but i don't think they will be broken up for long

Reply 24#24 bala's post

Daphne misread the knee shake but it started so well it's a shame they didn't leave when Emmett left

This has now been added to Realplayer site

Reply 27#27 caznewton's post

I've tried the first two and there seems to be a general error message and it's not on the flash site yet

Reply 29#29 bala's post

It was nice of Daphne to check with Bay before she enrolled in the advanced cooking class at Buckner Hall because I'm sure that Bay wouldn't of given her the same consideration but Daphne's reference to the interpreter being like a stalker was amusing and the teacher was insensitive to her deafness, Bay saying to Emmett about him being the best listener was priceless

1x07 The Stag Hunt

It's a good job Regina wasn't home when Bruce brought the earring back considering it wasn't hers but Regina not believing Kathryn was predictable but the shocked look on Daphne face when she eventually got into the guitar case was great

Reply 36#36 bala's post

Do you think she deliberately switched them herself

Reply 38#38 bala's post

So why would the hospital risk going to court when they made the initial mistake and what Regina found out later makes no difference in my opinion

Reply 40#40 bala's post

Unless Regina swapped the babies herself the hospital was still in the wrong and we now know she had a problem with drink until she was threatened with social services so I'm struggling to figure out what Regina has done that takes the blame from the hospital to her

Reply 43#43 bala's post

You have got to feel sorry for Bay knowing her real mother had known all those years but that still doesn't let the hospital off the hook for the switch in the first place, so the hospital opening Pandora's box was just a smoke screen which has worked for now

Reply 45#45 bala's post

What an outcome and that will take a lot of time for Bay to forgive her

Reply 47#47 bala's post

She may have had a better life but there is no substitute for your mother unless you was given up for adoption which is turning out like that now

Reply 50#50 bala's post

Daphne's dream at the start was amusing and after all those years she has realised she also likes Emmett which should be interesting

Reply 52#52 bala's post

I would imagine it's leading up to a great season finale

Reply 55#55 bala's post

It looks like the gloves are off for the girls to win Emmett's affections but him speaking to Bay was nice

Reply 57#57 bala's post

Daphne going after Emmett is also fair after she dropped the last one for Bay but i do hope Bay wins

110 123456
Thread