Thread
Printable Version

Falling Skies Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 16#16 bala's post

It's a shame Ricky didn't know who his father was and a good call not to shoot the teenagers controlled by the skitters

This has now been added to Realplayer site

Falling Skies Renewed

Release Date: 7/7/2011
TNT Orders Second Wave of Falling Skies, Cable’s #1 New Series
Epic Series from DreamWorks Television and Executive Producer Steven Spielberg, Starring Noah Wyle, Scores as Major Hit in U.S. and Abroad
TNT has renewed Falling Skies, cable’s #1 new series, for a second season. The epic saga about the aftermath of an all-out invasion by an alien military force has been a tremendous hit both domestically and internationally. Falling Skies, which airs Sundays at 10 p.m. (ET/PT), stars Noah Wyle and comes to TNT from DreamWorks Television and executive producer Steven Spielberg. TNT has ordered 10 episodes for the second season, which is slated to air in summer 2012.

“Falling Skies is a true standout series, from its ambitious storytelling, high-profile cast and production team to its phenomenal success when it comes to international and time-shifted viewing,” said Michael Wright, executive vice president, head of programming for TNT, TBS and Turner Classic Movies (TCM). “We’re reaching new audiences with Falling Skies and look forward to seeing where this fascinating and exciting series takes us next.”

Falling Skies takes place in the chaotic aftermath of an alien attack that has left most of the world completely incapacitated. Tom Mason (Wyle), a Boston history professor and the father of three sons, must put his extensive knowledge of military history to the test as second in command of a regiment of resistance fighters protecting a large group of civilian survivors. Falling Skies also stars Moon Bloodgood, Will Patton and Drew Roy.

Falling Skies premiered in the U.S. on TNT Sunday, June 19, drawing an extraordinary Live + 7 audience of 8 million viewers and ranking it as cable’s top series launch of 2011. The premiere also garnered an impressive 3.8 million adults 18-49 and 4.5 million adults 25-54. Through its first three installments, Falling Skies has averaged more than 6.4 million viewers through a blend of live and time-shifted viewing.

Falling Skies is quickly becoming a global television sensation. In the opening stages of its rollout in more than 75 international markets, it has already drawn strong – and in some cases record – audience deliveries for networks airing it in the United Kingdom, Spain, Germany, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Venezuela.

In addition to Spielberg, the first season of Falling Skies has been executive-produced by DreamWorks Television heads Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank, Graham Yost and screenwriter Robert Rodat, who wrote the pilot from an idea he co-conceived with Spielberg. Mark Verheiden and Greg Beeman have served as co-executive producers.

Source
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 23#23 arksongbird80's post

Thanks great news

1x05 Silent Kill

It was only a matter of time before the skitters they had captured would killed one of them but using it to find out how to knock it out was impressive and strapping the implant on the back was a great was to get close to save Ben and some of the other kids

Reply 25#25 codebreaker's post

yeah i lost intrest half way through

Reply 26#26 bala's post

I feel asleep watching this last night and had to re-watch this morning

Reply 27#27 codebreaker's post

today is busy with amount tv shows returning i am waiting real player to update

Reply 28#28 bala's post

Me too that's why i have re-watched all the season finales of today's returning shows while i wait

you guys are so funny!

I thought this episode was off.  You want to kill the skinny quietly, so you stab it in the mouth and it shrieks Loudly!  and thrashes around.  Of course this is after you have a 5 min convo between the two head honcho's and the son.  THe kid: He's not going, he is going sudden sudden.  humph.   

The doc is all about life and then she just kills the skinny.  Won't talk about her family then all of a sudden they are on the fore front of her brain.

It took the whole episode to come up with the plan to rescue the kids and then it went off without a single problem.

They have GOT to do better.  I have hope for this but seriously.
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 30#30 arksongbird80's post

you can understand why we fell asleep

Sanctuary (1)

I knew there was something suspicious about that guy trading human kid was a nice twist It certainly made the whole episode more bearable that ending was good.

Reply 32#32 bala's post

What ever they did to Ben it seems to of made him a supper human with all them push-ups but compering a gun to a credit card and not leaving home without it was funny, Jimmy was lucky to survive the bus and inside attack and next weeks episode should be good

Sanctuary (2)

Well what a good ending just when you think they were captured it all turned around

Reply 34#34 bala's post

Mike did the right thing when he stumbles upon the horrifying truth about the children and staying behind was a suicide mission, i had a feeling he had a plan when he surrendered and was pleased he was shot for pulling a gun

What Hides Beneath

I don't know what to make of this episode the audio out sync but i still managed watch full episode with that distraction. Finding the sketters were once humans was interesting revelation. Seeing the new Aliens was another good revelation. Now they have a weapon that could damage them who would thought simple man bullet was all they need to damage the Aliens.

Falling Skies Season 1 Finale

Well we don't know if the skitters were human but they certainly weren't always skitters. We do know they were converting the kids into new skitters though!

So, per the clip above, are we going to see the Skitters try to negotiate with the humans? I mean, essentially the skitters and humans are in the same boat. It's the tally skinny new aliens that seem to be calling all the shots and the skitters were subservient to them! I'd imagine Rick is going to give the skitters a heads up!

Love Pope, his scenes are the best!

Reply 36#36 bala's post

The team work to distracted the skitter while the dropped the hand grenade to blow it up was impressive and the new bullet from the idea of the kid should make for an interesting season finale

Mutiny

Well this was a ok lead up season finale but things falling into place look like harness still somehow connected.

Thread