Thread
Printable Version

Falling Skies Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

I am really looking forward to this.

1.   Noah Wylie
2.  Steven Speilberg.   

need I say more.  
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Pilot

Im kinda of the fence about the show.  It was good.  I loved the character dynamic.  I thought the rebels who threatened to kill the freedom fighters was a bit much.  Don't you think with an alien invasion people would get along.  Everyone's in it together.

It felt like I was starting a movie in the middle...

Reply 11#11 codebreaker's post

Nope but hopefully they'll learn something from the skin job and will be able to get all the children back.  Next weeks episode looks great.  I'm thinking the kids aren't going to get saved.  Or maybe this is the going theme for the season??

What do you think happened to the Blonde Girlfriend person??

Falling Skies Renewed

Release Date: 7/7/2011
TNT Orders Second Wave of Falling Skies, Cable’s #1 New Series
Epic Series from DreamWorks Television and Executive Producer Steven Spielberg, Starring Noah Wyle, Scores as Major Hit in U.S. and Abroad
TNT has renewed Falling Skies, cable’s #1 new series, for a second season. The epic saga about the aftermath of an all-out invasion by an alien military force has been a tremendous hit both domestically and internationally. Falling Skies, which airs Sundays at 10 p.m. (ET/PT), stars Noah Wyle and comes to TNT from DreamWorks Television and executive producer Steven Spielberg. TNT has ordered 10 episodes for the second season, which is slated to air in summer 2012.

“Falling Skies is a true standout series, from its ambitious storytelling, high-profile cast and production team to its phenomenal success when it comes to international and time-shifted viewing,” said Michael Wright, executive vice president, head of programming for TNT, TBS and Turner Classic Movies (TCM). “We’re reaching new audiences with Falling Skies and look forward to seeing where this fascinating and exciting series takes us next.”

Falling Skies takes place in the chaotic aftermath of an alien attack that has left most of the world completely incapacitated. Tom Mason (Wyle), a Boston history professor and the father of three sons, must put his extensive knowledge of military history to the test as second in command of a regiment of resistance fighters protecting a large group of civilian survivors. Falling Skies also stars Moon Bloodgood, Will Patton and Drew Roy.

Falling Skies premiered in the U.S. on TNT Sunday, June 19, drawing an extraordinary Live + 7 audience of 8 million viewers and ranking it as cable’s top series launch of 2011. The premiere also garnered an impressive 3.8 million adults 18-49 and 4.5 million adults 25-54. Through its first three installments, Falling Skies has averaged more than 6.4 million viewers through a blend of live and time-shifted viewing.

Falling Skies is quickly becoming a global television sensation. In the opening stages of its rollout in more than 75 international markets, it has already drawn strong – and in some cases record – audience deliveries for networks airing it in the United Kingdom, Spain, Germany, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Venezuela.

In addition to Spielberg, the first season of Falling Skies has been executive-produced by DreamWorks Television heads Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank, Graham Yost and screenwriter Robert Rodat, who wrote the pilot from an idea he co-conceived with Spielberg. Mark Verheiden and Greg Beeman have served as co-executive producers.

Source

you guys are so funny!

I thought this episode was off.  You want to kill the skinny quietly, so you stab it in the mouth and it shrieks Loudly!  and thrashes around.  Of course this is after you have a 5 min convo between the two head honcho's and the son.  THe kid: He's not going, he is going sudden sudden.  humph.   

The doc is all about life and then she just kills the skinny.  Won't talk about her family then all of a sudden they are on the fore front of her brain.

It took the whole episode to come up with the plan to rescue the kids and then it went off without a single problem.

They have GOT to do better.  I have hope for this but seriously.

Reply 42#42 gabsimom's post

The season premier and season finale were by far the best episodes of the whole season.  I really enjoyed the 2 hours.  I would have rather they moved through the commanders story faster, but over all it was great.  Next season will be fantastic.

Reply 9#9 bala's post

I'm thinking they the skitters are just reading his mind.  Finding out they are headed to charleston.   So sad about jimmy.  . I liked that kid.

Fun trivia:  charleston was almost the capt of our nation and then on SC.  It was passed over because it wasn't centrally located.

Reply 19#19 bala's post

I'm glad that the daughter and leader guy got back together!  At least he knows she's alive.

I dont' understand why Ben won't tell anyone his spikes are glowing.  At least his father or talk to the brother.  They don't hate and they care.  Scarey.

Death March

I watched this episode thinking, "i know those roads!"  HAHA  I particularly liked this episode.  My state is featured so that's okay with me.    The girl and her brother are going to come back and be a problem only because they were introduced for no reason.  I mean, none at all!  LOL  Maggies back story wasn't nearly as horrible as I expected.  She almost died.  Went on a bender, got caught and had the baby in jail.  Okay.  What now?

I'm thinking the 2nd Mass falling under the orders of the "new" congress isn't going to go as well as they want.  I'm thinking the "new" congress isn't going to listen.    Should be great!

The price of greatness

So this season has really picked up and taken us some where.  We finally have new characters.  Discord between the survivors and a tyranny!  LOL  This is turning into my go-to show on Sunday!     

It's obvious that maggie holds herself responsible and has enough guilt for 2 people.  I understand why the oldest son could let her past go.  He doesn't know that maggie.

LOL This is Marshal Law!     I don't think that's what they were looking for.  They could have just left I bet.

A more perfect union

Great finale.  I was actually a bit sad to see the Red Eye skitter go, but it is understandable.  So they blew up the big...Thing!    Within a couple hours, someone else showed up.  I'm thinking that big thing pointed at the sky was a shield to hold out other's.  That makes me think the new guys are friends.   Fish heads took out new guys homeworld and now new guys are retaliating.  They couldn't before because they couldn't get through, but NOW!   all bets are off.

What do you think?

Thread