Thread
Printable Version

The Voice General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Voice General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss Anything About The Voice Here

The show will feature four celebrity artists who will put together teams of singers who they’ll coach and mentor throughout the competition. Week by week, individuals will be eliminated until each celebrity has only one person on their team left to compete for the title of “The Voice of America,” in a live finale.

Unlike American Idols’ lengthy audition process, the celebrity mentors will select their team members via a blind audition, so they’ll only be able to hear their voices.

The show will have three stages of competition–the blind audition, a battle phase, and the live performance shows. Viewers will take part in the show by casting votes to help determine the finalists, who are competing for the grand prize–a recording contract.

Click Here For The Voice About

Click Here To Watch The Voice on VIPTV.net

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-2-2015 16:19 ]

I've watched all the episodes. And although I sometimes didn't agree with the choises of the coaches, I think that Javier Colon deserved to win.
But when the live shows started: two hour episodes + one hour result show was a bit to much for me. I would have rather had an hour less.

Reply 2#2 kellemanske's post

I watched them all as well and i must admit the blind auditions was a great idea but i then started to watch them in the background while i was doing something else

Reply 3#3 codebreaker's post

I think that because of the blind auditions, you get some other great singers then you get with shows like Idol. Now it really was about the voice (or at least in the beginning) and that way they couldn't be prejudiced against the singers that don't fit the beauty picture. Cause (at least her in belgium) the ones in idol are usually cute or pretty and there voice isn't always great.

I just got done watching all the episodes. I much preferred this to the likes of Idol or X-factor.

The blind auditions were great, but I liked how the coaches sang with their teams etc. Just a much better set up.

Xfactor US is going to have problems because of the The Voice. Pretty much the same premise (for those of you who have seen the original Xfactor) and for me, The Voice is better at doing it.

Reply 5#5 shinny's post

I watched it on TV and loved it.  I really enjoyed the entire premise, and the fact that they didn't set an age limit on talent.  It was fun and entertaining, and even the artists that didn't win got to make a lot of connections and be exposed to a whole new batch of fans.  I like AI alright - though this was the 1st season I'd watched fully in a few years, but this was more fun.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Forbidden

I am trying to download the finals and it will bring on the real time window but will not load. then it says "Forbidden". Got any ideas why? a friend of mine can down load it at her house , but not here

2x01 The Blind Auditions, Part 1

RaeLynn picking Blake was obvious considering she sang one of his wife's songs and what a decision Jesse had with all four judges turning around, Adam pushing Cee Lo's button for Tony was amusing but it was amazing Christina eventually recognised him from the Mickey Mouse Club

2x02 The Blind Auditions, Part 2

I'm glad Cee-Lo turned around for Jamar considering how big a fan he was of him and being on his team was obvious, Kim being Adam's first team member was great, Lindsey going with Christina's team was great and Jermaine being a back-up singer for Alicia Keys with a personal message from her was great but i expected him to join Cee-Lo's team instead of Blake

Reply 9#9 codebreaker's post

I liked that Jermaine went with the unexpected choice.  I also like that Blake isn't just interested in country artists, but good ones.  I'm enjoying this season so far, which is nice, as 2nd seasons aren't always as good since you kind of know what to expect.  With this show though, I like to listen rather than watch, so I can gauge the voices too, and I love that the talent pool is so rich.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

2x03 The Blind Auditions, Part 3

The way the kept the identity of the first artist, Sarah secret until Cee Lo pushed his button was great and Erin had a interesting voice but Chris Cauley asking the boys to arm wrestle was amusing

2x04 The Blind Auditions, Part 4

Charlotte has an unusual surname but getting all four to turn around was impressive and Nicolle being a country singing who was a classically trained pianist and successful songwriter was interestingly different, Mathai had a nice voice

2x05 The Blind Auditions, Part 5

Cheesa was lucky that Adam talked Cee-Lo in to pushing his button with only seconds to go and Lee Koch was also lucky Christina liked the harmonica

2x06 The Battles Begin

Kelly Clarkson and Miranda Lambert for Team Blake were what the girls needed and RaeLynn paired up against Adley was a tough call but RaeLynn winning was a surprise, Christina choosing Chris and Monique to perform Celine Dion's "The Power of Love." was interesting considering how different their singing styles are

2x06 The Battles Begin

Rae Lynn winning was not a surprise, it was a travesty. But like the food industry, it seems you can feed anything to the public and they swallow!! Adley should have won, if the contest as it is named 'the voice' stayed true to it's precepts.....but this is the real world and reality can be warped! They kept the best sing off till last....Jesse and Andrew.....now that was something....I loved that pairing and boy did they tear up that Alesha Keys song.....and I don't even like Alesha Keys!! And just look at the judges reactions....no words needed!!

2x07 The next Battle?

Shouldn't the next battle have been posted?

2x07 The Battles, Week 2

Another good episode and Cee-Lo comment about Lee looking like Jesus was amusing but a shame he never made it through to the live round

2x08 The Battles, Week 3

ALyX had a tough pairing with Jermaine but then again i think anyone against him would have a hard time and what a brave decision for Erin to stay with her father being so ill but it was the right decision

2x09 The Final Battles

James getting a unanimous vote with his face off with WADE was nice and well deserved. Nicolle loosing the piano was probably the right decision but put her out of her comfort zone so Mathai winning was predictable

2x10 Live Performance, Week 1

As the first live performance goes it was pretty good and Betty White promoting her new show from the audience was predictable

Thread