Thread
Printable Version

The Voice General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

5x01 The Blind Auditions Premiere

Having the original judges back for season 5 was a great start especially singing I Love Rock 'n' Roll, and what an opening act with Kat singing I Got the Music in Me, Matthew having all four judges turn around at the same time and a standing ovation was awesome, finishing the night with James and all four judges turning around great

5x02 The Blind Auditions Premiere, Part 2

I cant believe it took the judges so long to turn around for Jacquie but two in the last seconds was nice and choosing Christina as her coach was great but Christina seemed a little to keen to get Destinee because she punches in first, Blake pressing his button without hesitation for Holly was awesome especially as she eventually had all the judges turned around and choosing Blake was nice and E.G.'s past career was fascinating

5x03 The Blind Auditions Premiere, Part 3

Justin choosing to pick one of Blake's song to showcase his country talent was a risky move but with Blake not turning around he was lucky Adam did and Blake using his trophy's to convince Monika to choose him was amusing

5x04 The Blind Auditions Premiere, Part 4

What a turn around for James Irwin after being passed over last season to have all four judges turning around this time and Ashley closing the night with her take on Rihanna's "Diamonds" was great as she had all the judges to choose from

5x05 The Blind Auditions Premiere, Part 5

Adam using the fact that Blake has won three time against him was amusing as he probable is due a loss this time and Matt having to choose was nice as it was his second attempt, Dominic not being picked when he's the son of a professional drummer was unfortunate and Michael Lynch getting to sing a duet with Christina as they salsa must of been a dream come true, Shawn's reaction to finding out he's got the last spot was great

5x06 Best Of The Blinds

Great recap and a sneak peak into the battle rounds but some of the unseen footage was amusing

5x07 The Battles Premiere

Blake stealing Nick after Adam chose Grey to advance was great and Timyra being sent home when nobody pushed their button was unfortunate as she was the first, Tessanne going forward was a nice surprise and the final pairing with Briana and Jacquie was great and Jacquie moving forward was predictable but Briana having a chose when she was stolen made a nice end to the first round

5x08 The Battles Premiere, Part 2

With this being the 100th Episode I expected this to be more special but never the less still enjoyable with some interesting pairings and some tough choices for the judges buy Ray's daughter shouting out Me was sweet

Reply 108#108 codebreaker's post

I just happened to notice you posted today.  I don't know how, but I missed that it was on last night (especially because I specifically looked for it), and my DVR didn't record it, so I just got to watch it now.  The only thing I didn't like was that we didn't get to see all the duos perform.  There were a couple I remember from the blinds that I would have liked to here them in the battle round.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

5x09 The Battles Premiere, Part 3

George being chosen over 16-year-old Juhi was a surprise but Adam giving her a second chance was nice, Destinee and Lina going head to head after Christina showed them exactly what she wants was great and tough choice afterwards but with Adam saving Lina there was no looser

5x10 The Battles Premiere, Part 4

I'm disappointed they glossed over some of the battles as this is the final battle round but finishing with Christina's team with Olivia and Stephanie was great but with Olivia being picked and Cee Lo saving Stephanie was a nice conclusion to the round

5x11 The Knockouts, Part 1

Amber having two buttons pushed to steal her was nice and choosing CeeLo should be interesting, Kat and Monika's performances were awesome and tough choice to choose but Kat moving forward while Monika goes home was unfortunate, both Adam and Blake hitting their buttons for Cole was a nice way to end the night

5x12 The Knockouts, Part 2

Jacquie has a great voice for a 16-year-old and moving forward was great and Christina stealing Stephanie back was a surprise as she let her go in the earlier rounds, I'm not surprised CeeLo chose Caroline to move forward after the great response from the other judges and Adam stealing Will was a nice way to end the night

5x13 The Live Shows Premiere, Part 1

Nic Hawk has some great stage presence and with some impressive performance from the others finishing the night  with Tessanne Chin

5x14 The Live Shows Premiere, Part 2

Amber sings Cassadee Pope's current single was interesting as she was a previous winner and I must admit I like Caroline Pennell unique voice and Jacquie Lee getting the final spot of the night was great

5x15 The Live Show Eliminations

I must admit I was surprised to see them say goodbye to Nic Hawk after his great stage performance and Americas choices of who they saved were great

5x16 Live Top 12 Performances

Caroline going first had to make her performance more memorable and with her unique voice she did a great job and CeeLo saying he's going to download Jacquie Lee song to go horse riding was amusing but a great complement, Matthew Schuler choice of song wasn't to my liking but was impressive and Will Champlin being the last artist to perform was great

5x17 Live Top 12 Eliminations

Opening with Sara Bareilles was great but having her piano on blocks so she could stand and play was surprising, Caroline Pennell and Matthew Schuler being the first two saved was nice and CeeLo singing with his team was great and Austin Jenckes and Tessanne Chin being the next couple saved was also nice, I was expecting Jacquie Lee to be safe but Cole Vosbury and Will Champlin also being safe was great, Kat Robichaud being been saved via Twitter was a first but Josh Logan and Jonny Gray heading home was unfortunate

5x18 Live Top 10 Performances

All ten opening the show was nice especially getting in amongst the audience and the look on Jacquie's face when doing yoga with Christina was amusing and Cole quickly having the audience clapping along with him was nice

5x19 Live Top 10 Live Eliminations

Another great opening with Christina and her team and Carson surprising Adam by unveiling the new People magazine that's declaring Adam Levine the Sexiest Man Alive was amusing, James and Matthew being the first two saved was nice followed by Ray and Will getting the next good news was great for them, Caroline and Tessanne duet was awesome but saying goodbye to Austin and Kat was sad

Thread