Thread
Printable Version

1 account 2 computers

1 account 2 computers

My daughter and I both use the same VIP point deduction account. This has not been a problem for the 3 or 4 years that we have been members, but now all of a sudden when one of us is watching a show, we get thrown our when the other tries to watch a show. I do not understand this, since we pay per show anyways so why does it matter if the same account uses more than one computer? Is there anything I can do or do I have to start a second account?/Annika

Reply 1#1 annikalund's post

Hi, sorry for your inconvenience, but on the Flash Player site VIPTV.NET if you are using the same account and are using a different internet access (different wireless routers) , you will not be able to use the same account and watch at the same time. However, you can still both use the same account at the same time, if you use the Real Player site vip.tv-video.net, using different wireless routers. This is basically the same as the site was before we had Flash Player. You can both watch at the same time from that site, or one of you can use the Flash Player site and the other the Real Player site.
Just know that even if you are watching the same show, if it's on the separate sites you will be charged twice, once on the Flash Player site & once on the Real Player site, if you watch the same show on the Real Player site you will only be charged once. We only allow sharing accounts on the Flash site if you have the same IP address (accessing internet via the same wireless router).
Again we apologize for your inconvenience.

Reply 1#1 annikalund's post

Hi there, can I just check something with you?

Are you both on the same Wireless Router/LAN connection? The way our admin team have configured the settings that one account is supported under a single WAN IP address. So, if you are both connecting via the same wireless router or LAN connection with only one WAN IP address, it shouldn't be a problem.

If you can let me know on this because we want to make sure this isn't happening to people who are sharing the same details via their connection.

Tks!

1 account 2 computers + 1 more favour...

You are right, it's when she is watching tv with her laptop at a friends place. Now I know I can shift to the other site and it should be ok if that ever happens again. At home we have no problem. I have been trying to reset my password for my account, but can not find a way to do that. Could you do it from your end and send me an e-mail with the reset password, or let me know how to do it. One of my daughter's friends keep using up the points and refuses to stop. Gets boring to keep loading our account and then the points are gone...Thanks, Annika

Reply 4#4 annikalund's post

On forum: To the right of where you click for your PM's, click on "Members CP"  go to "Edit Profile" in the left hand column, click the upper tab marked "Login Forum" enter current password, then new password twice.
**IMPORTANT** Delete your email address and leave empty, or you'll get an error message.
This will change password for the forum and both VIP sites.
Glad to hear we could help!

Reply 4#4 annikalund's post

Just to bear in mind that as the admin don't currently plan to keep the RP site they haven't bothered to fix the account sharing on more than one IP address on that site. However, if they do decide to keep RP, they probably will fix that glitch as it was always an over sight on their part. But, you can use if for now with no problems!

Thread