45 123
Thread
Printable Version

A Gifted Man Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

A Gifted Man Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

A Gifted Man Premieres on CBS on September 23, 2011

A GIFTED MAN is a drama about a brilliant, charismatic surgeon whose life changes forever when his deceased ex-wife begins teaching him the meaning of life from the "hereafter." Michael Holt (Patrick Wilson) is an exceptional doctor who lives a materialistic life of luxury thanks to his work-obsessed career and powerful and wealthy patients; however, Michael's ordered world is rocked when his ex-wife, Anna (Jennifer Ehle), an idealistic free-clinic doctor and the love of his life, mysteriously appears to him. Michael's off-beat sister, Christina (Julie Benz), a single mom to her teenaged son, Milo (Liam Aiken), is thrilled that Anna's back in her brother's life, even as an "illusion," because Michael was always a better person with her. Curious about Michael's sudden change in behavior is his efficient assistant, Rita (Margo Martindale). When Anna asks Michael to go to her clinic to help keep it running, he meets Autumn (Afton Williamson), a volunteer carrying on Anna's work with the underprivileged. Touched by those in need and accepting of Anna's compassionate "presence," Michael's attitude toward serving the rich and poor is turned upside down, and he begins to see that there's room in his life for everyone. Academy Award nominee Susannah Grant ("Erin Brockovich"), Academy Award winner Jonathan Demme ("The Silence of the Lambs"), Sarah Timberman, Carl Beverly and Neal Baer ("ER") are executive producers for CBS Television Studios.

Homepage

Discuss Anything About A Gifted Man Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 10-23-2011 15:37 ]

1x01 Pilot

The hallucinations were interesting at the start but after the MRI i thought it was amusing and what the tennis girl and her father was doing to get into the record books was crazy

Reply 3#3 codebreaker's post

i can't believe tennis girl was so obsessed with the record as well but she risked her health by lying to him and she didn't care.

This has now been added to Realplayer site

1x02 In Case of All Hell Breaking Loose

That was a close call with the pregnant woman about to have an x ray but how tragic to find a brain tumor, what a tough call wife the wife wanting him to save the baby but the husband wanting the oposite and i would of lied to Anton just to get rid of him

Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

I felt that this was a better episode than pilot i really underestimate how much drama was going to happen in this show. The cases really open a lot of good discussion. The pregnant women really wanted the baby and husband wanted to save her. i am glad the father came back at end

In Case of Discomfort

Well this was another good episode but he really should dismissed that women he interview i loved how he beg her at the end she says she will think about it. You have wonder how he keep dealing all ANNA patient and i am not surprised he was fed up. I also realise that he changing as the episode progress.

ps: The start sleeping with that women to get top 10 spot was amusing never thought he was like that i waiting Anna pop in but she didn't.

[ Last edited by bala at 10-9-2011 18:42 ]

Reply 8#8 bala's post

I liked the way Rita said she had his patients in a holding pattern after seeing Carol the pilot and the way he thought Anna got his attention with the ball was amusing

In Case of Separation Anxiety

Well i have say having a car crash into clinic was lucky thing for daughter find a rare brain tumour. I like how he getting used to Anna being around .

Reply 10#10 bala's post

It was nice that Anton was able to help Samir with the voice of his twin and the girl in the freak car accident was lucky

Reply 11#11 codebreaker's post

This is most fascinating show I am watching because it really stretchers your imagination as what you believe in?. Is he crazy , does he have a brain tumour or can he really see ghost along with crazy patient illness. it's not traditional medical drama.

Reply 12#12 bala's post

It does stretch your imagination and with Samir having a similar problem with the voice's in his head which was interesting

Reply 13#13 codebreaker's post

The difference was that we were given a reasonable and scientific explanation for the voices but you have to wonder whether surgery was necessary since it didn't get rid of voices but what Anton did get rid of the voice was a surprise.

In Case of Memory Loss

Well it does seem like common theme that patient from free clinic will always need his help but guy shooting his girlfriend was unexpected i really couldn't believe it when it happened. That father trying control his daughter bound lead problems.

Reply 15#15 bala's post

Anna asking Michael if he can still see her and then saying good I'm not crazy i thought was funny and if Kate hadn't lied about the boy he would of died and what a thing to say  "why won't you love me" before shooting her

Reply 16#16 codebreaker's post

I think she has a good response because you shot me

A Gifted Man 1x06

Well this is a ok episode but shame about football player

1x06 In Case of Memory Loss

Michael recognising Donnie the former football star was lucky that he was there with the idiot George from the football game but sad that he couldn't help Donnie and what happened to Chloe's friend was tragic

45 123
Thread