Thread
Printable Version

New Girl Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

New Girl Season 1-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

New Girl Premiered on FOX on September 20, 2011

NEW GIRL (working title) is a new single-camera comedy from Liz Meriwether ("No Strings Attached") that features a young ensemble cast and takes a fresh and outrageous look at modern male/female relationships.

JESS DAY (Zooey Deschanel, "(500) Days of Summer") is an offbeat and adorable girl in her late 20s who, after a bad breakup, moves in with three single guys. Goofy, positive, vulnerable and honest to a fault, Jess has faith in people, even when she shouldn't. Although she's dorky and awkward, she's comfortable in her own skin. More prone to friendships with women, she's not used to hanging with the boys - especially at home.

Of the three male roommates, NICK (Jake Johnson, "No Strings Attached") is the most grounded. He had big plans for life, but somewhere along the way, he stopped caring and became a bartender. Usually the smartest guy in the room, he has an uncanny knack for reading people and uses humor to deflect everyone and everything. SCHMIDT (Max Greenfield, "Ugly Betty") is a hustling young professional who fancies himself a modern-day Casanova. Though his heart is usually in the right place, he's always scheming ways to climb the social ladder and is driven by an immature and almost obsessive urge to be on "the scene." Viewing Jess as a gateway into the elusive female mind, as well as a personal project, Schmidt encourages the guys to bring Jess into the apartment. The third roommate, COACH (Damon Wayans Jr., "The Underground"), is a former high school athlete who currently makes his living as a personal trainer. Set in his ways and with a take-it-or-leave-it attitude to dating, Coach is most comfortable when he's in the gym. Though he'll never admit it, Coach's macho athletic exterior is actually a cover for his shyness around women, and he struggles to translate his personal confidence into conversation, preferring to speak in sports metaphors - or not at all.

Rounding out this group is Jess' childhood best friend, CECE (Hannah Simone, "Beautiful People"), a deadpan, somewhat cynical model who blossomed after outgrowing her promiscuous adolescent years. She has the street smarts Jess lacks and spends a lot of time doling out no-nonsense relationship advice that only a professional model could give. She and Jess balance each other well and accept each other despite their faults, making Cece the perfect complement to Jess.

As their relationships progress, the five friends come to realize they need each other more than they ever thought they would and end up forming a charmingly dysfunctional family.
Homepage

Discuss Anything About New Girl Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 11-5-2016 21:04 ]

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 9-6-2011 13:48 ]

1x01 Pilot

The naked dancing was crazy but Jess needing dating advice from the guys made a nice change and i thought her model friends would turn out to be guys but turning down a date with Caroline to help Jess was nice

Reply 3#3 codebreaker's post

totally cute but the editing needs to be worked on.  I can't figure if this is the middle or the beginning.

"PLEASE put your shirt back on.  please don't make me laugh at you"   hwahahaa
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

lol love it, the 1st felt rushed, my guess to really set up the story, hopefully now they will slow it down enough for us to really fall in love.

Reply 5#5 gabsimom's post

I'm glad this has been added, its my number 1 new favourite show this season.

ok so coach was cut and this other guy is in?

Reply 7#7 gabsimom's post

yes.  The actor who played coach, had to go back to his ORIGINAL show.  They must have thought it would get cancelled but nope.

Anyone know what that show was?

ok I see he is on  Happy Endings. he must of shot in several series not knowing both would be picked up by the network and had to choose one.

1x02 Kryptonite

How crazy to sit in the car while Jess was struggling to carry everything but dropping the TV for a t shirt was amusing

1x03 Wedding

Nick asking Jess to come along and pretend to be his date to make his ex Caroline jealous was amusing but didn't go exactly to plan

Naked

There isn't much to this comedy.  It has no story arc.  The people are kinda dumb and honestly it's not funny.  They talked about being naked, hooking up and body parts.  The new guy was trying to get a job and even that was lame.

I'm thinking I have to give up. This one just isn't cutting it.  

Reply 14#14 arksongbird80's post

Nick dancing in front of the mirror was a little creepy but Jess walking in while he was dancing naked in his room was amusing especially the laugh and then getting caught in his room

1x05 Cece Crashes

The way Schmidt tries to seal the deal with Cece was a little crazy but at least he did sleep with her and all the guys in the bathroom while she was in the shower was creepy and Jess freaking out because of where Nick's feet were pointing was amusing

thanksgiving

I <3 justin long.  This was a better episode.  Mostly because they finally got justin long involved.  Loved that guy.  

Putting the turkey in the dryer was funny.  

Reply 19#19 arksongbird80's post

Naming the turkey Hank was crazy but that was a big bird and tumble drying it was priceless, nice guest appearance from Justin Long

Thread