33 12
Thread
Printable Version

John Doe Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

John Doe Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss Anything About John Doe Here

Click Here For The John Doe About & Episode Guides

Click Here To Watch John Doe on VIPTV.net

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-3-2015 00:13 ]

This might need to be moved as it's listed in both Drama and Sci-Fi and seeing the about is in drama

Reply 2#2 codebreaker's post

Well it is pretty much a sci-fi show, (not spce or aliens or anything like that)  just the premise that a man knows everything and it was heading to more that way.  Another decent show cancelled.  
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Reply 3#3 sanggye's post

we are all used show get cancelled

how can this show even be considered Sci Fi.

Reply 5#5 spratt89's post

I don't know as i haven't watched it but why add it to both

Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

This really made mess show categories it get worser the more show they add.

Reply 7#7 bala's post

What bright spark put The Mentalist in Animations

Reply 8#8 codebreaker's post

only season 3 has put in animation

Reply 9#9 bala's post

I watched season three and i cant remember it being animated

Reply 10#10 codebreaker's post

Well your right about that

Quote:
Originally posted by spratt89 at 8-6-2011 10:59  
how can this show even be considered Sci Fi.
From wikipedia  : John Doe is an American science fiction drama television series that aired on Fox during the 2002–2003 TV season.

IMDB Drama | Mystery | Sci-Fi

The main character knows everything, except who he is, and I mean everything.  Fox doesn't have anything on it know, but even when it was on they (Fox) called it Sci-Fi
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Reply 12#12 sanggye's post

Thanks for that but I loved this show when it was on air and I have watched a few episodes today but I cant see where the Sci Fi part comes from

Reply 13#13 spratt89's post

Well I am assuming he was either an experiment from the Phoenix Group or an otherworldly being.  Since it was cancelled, we will never know.  Do you know anyone that knows EVERYTHING?

Reply 14#14 sanggye's post

Sci Fi or as more and more writers are wanting to call it, Speculative Fiction, is a genre where the possibility with science , an achievement of the future or other fantastical items that are in some ways remotely possible.  (According to Einstein Time Travel and or multiple world theory  is Possible, there is a possibility of true Artificial Intelligence, and in the case of this show, turning a person into a human computer.

For Decades the term SciFi has been considered by many in position of power in written and film(though the last 10 years, majority of top grossing movies fall into spec fiction or fantasy)  to be a lesser genre, that is primarily why many writers are looking to call it Speculative Fiction.

pilot

Well since there were so many people say this was a great show and since i finished bird of prey i decided to move on to this. I really like the first episode it remind me so classic tv show we used have when i was younger. The first episode was interesting and it's nice he was able find the girl. The question what will he do with his knowledge help the cops with their cases or try find answers as to who he is?.

Blood Lines

The human traffic revelation was awful but John saving the guy twice was good. . look like he new sidekick i was right about him helping cop again.

Doe Re: Me

Well John trying hypnosis to try get his memory back didn't work but twisted case with identical twin and the mother was interesting.

Can't these cop solve a case on their own?,

before John appeared i wonder how they solved cases?

Past Imperfect

Well John finding out a little more of his past was good but the blackout were nice twist as it make it more intresting but i had feeling his assistant would find out his secret but i thought she knew he didn't know who he is so i don't understand why she was surprised ?

John Deux

just when he thinks he might found another John doe we find out he was homeless but twist of john trusting that man lead him to operating boat for organ trafficking.

33 12
Thread