68 1234
Thread
Printable Version

Mount Pleasant (Sky One) General Discussion (Spoilers)

Mount Pleasant (Sky One) General Discussion (Spoilers)

Mount Pleasant Premieres on Sky One on August 24, 2011

Boasting a supporting cast of much-loved faces, Mount Pleasant is a heartfelt new comedy drama that follows thirty-something Mancunian Lisa's day-to-day life. She shares laughter, tears and hot-tubs with her husband, her family and her friends.

Whether she's fending off female advances towards her loveable plumber husband Dan, stewing over why he thinks her best feature is her bum rather than her boobs, or deciding whether to have potato skins with an extra dollop of sour cream or onion rings with a pot of thousand island dressing (or both) at lunch with the girls – Lisa Johnson loves her life. Even when her smock top is mistaken for a baby bump and when a steamy soak with Dan is interrupted by her mum scrubbing the lav, she wouldn't have it any other way. Welcome to Lisa's world...

While recruitment consultant Lisa (Sally Lindsay) has no idea recently widowed cafe owner Kate (Liza Tarbuck) has taken a shine to Dan (Daniel Ryan), she is more than aware that her vampish neighbour Bianca (Sian Reeves) is repeatedly trying to tempt him with her fish pie. However, Lisa is soon toying with her own emotions when sexy singleton Jack (Owen McDonnell) arrives on the close.

She navigates the highs and lows alongside her best friends and workmates – uber-confident boss Shelley (Angela Griffin) and away-with-the-fairies admin assistant Denise (Ainsley Howard). She also remains a loving daughter to her omnipresent but adored parents Sue (Pauline Collins) and Barry (Bobby Ball) – who still do her ironing and housework.

Homepage

Discuss Anything About Mount Pleasant Here

1x01 Episode 1

I can't believe Dan said he would give Shelley one to his wife Lisa but her asking him to rate Denise out of ten was amusing

1x02 Episode 2

The reaction to Lisa wearing a smock top that is mistaken for a baby bump was amusing but how quick the rumors spread was incredible

1x03 Episode 3

The way Dan had frazzled Lisa running around after him when he came home getting over a hernia operation was typical and his mother demanding to look at the scare was amusing but bathing him was over the top

1x04 Episode 4

You have to feel sorry for Denise after what her boss / boyfriend said but Lisa turning Dan on and then leave him hanging was amusing and what happened after Bianca hot tub party was bound to happen eventually

1x05 Episode 5

Pauline using alksimers as an excuse for her shoplifting was clever but she did carry the role on well when she got back to Lisa's but the way they got their own back was priceless and Denise getting pregnant but being told to get rid of it by her boss was sad

1x06 Episode 6

Lisa and Dan discovering that they had been burgled was surprising considering Bianca sees everything normally but I was sure from the start that Kate was behind it and I'm glad Denise found out about her boss's wife being pregnant as well

1x07 Episode 7

Denise standing up to her boss with her demands about keeping the baby and making sure her job is safe or his pregnant wife will find out about the affairs was great but Lisa's comments at the birthing class about drinking from the furry cup was priceless

1x08 Episode 8

It's about time Shelly told Greg's about his lies and I'm glad Dan found out what Kate was up to but nice season finale with Lisa and Dan getting back together

2x01 Episode 1

Covering the dog's ears because of the sex talk was amusing and you just knew Greg's one night stand with Kim wouldn't be the last we see of her so making friends with Lisa is going to be interesting

2x02 Episode 2

Poor Jim dying like that and at his own hands with his radio controlled plane and the knock on the bathroom door when reading the cards was priceless but Bianca listening to Jim's answer phone message was sad

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 9-28-2012 21:06 ]

2x03 Episode 3

I'm not surprised Lisa was surprised by the identity of her new work colleague considering it is Jack who she kissed and him wearing a pink shirt after Shelley's card reading was priceless

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 9-28-2012 21:07 ]

2x04 Episode 4

Dan's face when he thought he was going to get drunk sex was amusing but her falling asleep was priceless, Dan deserved to get kicked under the table for his tackles talking in front of Shelley and Robson Green moving in should be interesting

2x05 Episode 5

I thought Kim was going to spoil Shelley and Greg renewed relationship after he bolted from her bed a while back after a one night stand but Greg sabotaging it himself was a surprise and I'm not surprised Sue lost her temper after being stuck in a traffic jam for four hours but Barry taking her on holiday was nice

68 1234
Thread