Thread
Printable Version

The Slap (ABC1) General Discussion (Spoilers)

The Slap (ABC1) General Discussion (Spoilers)

The Slap Premieres on ABC1 on October 06, 2011

The Slap is a bold, provocative television drama series that forensically examines the mores and morality of contemporary middleclass life. Based on Christos Tsiolkas’ bestselling novel, this 8 –part drama series traces the shattering repercussions of a single event upon a group of family and friends.

The series starts at an Australian backyard BBQ. Amongst alcohol, friendship and a children’s cricket game a man slaps a child who is not his son. The party comes to a sudden halt. The child’s parents are so affronted they vow to take the man to court. As the series unfolds the police become involved and friends and family are forced to take sides. One cousin is forced to testify against another. Couples are caught in the crossfire. Beliefs are tested and relationships strained.

The story is told through the points of view of eight characters as the court case proceeds, as affairs begin and end, as a pregnancy is decided and marriages morph and change. Each character’s life is profoundly affected by “the slap”, and each of the main character is metaphorically slapped as they are forced to face up to fundamental truths about themselves.
Homepage

Discuss Anything About The Slap Here

The Slap to air on BBC4

Upcoming ABC1 drama The Slap will air in the UK on BBC4 later this year.

Source

Well i will pass on this because i am not interested in it with amount of shows start next week we both will be busy.

1x01 Hector

Some of the things Hector said to Adam was out of order but Rosie breast feeding her child in front of the other kids was strange considering her child looked like a three year old and flirting with the babysitter at his 40th birthday party was crazy but Harry slapping Rosie's son was out of order but his parents should of stopped him when he was swinging the cricket bat at the other kids

1x02 Anouk

Anouk being more appalled by seeing Hector flirting with Connie than Harry slapping Hugo was interesting but i think she will regret getting into a heated argument with her boss now she has just found out she's pregnant and what her mother asked her to do if she gets worse was sad, I'm not surprised that Rhys was devastated when Anouk told him there is no baby because she didn't give him a choice

1x03 Harry

The way Harry treated his wife Sandi for talking to Hector was diabolical and I'm not surprised that Rocco has run away after seeing him hurting his mother

1x04 Connie

I know Hector broke things off with Connie but it was obvious what was going to happen when he took her home after babysitting but her face afterwards was amusing and shows how young she is but telling Richie that Hector raped her because he rejects her advances will backfire sooner or later and the kid at the party stopping when she asked made a nice change

1x05 Rosie

Hugo is going to grow up confused about God with Shamira saying one thing and his dad the opposite and Rosie almost loosing her temper with Hugo herself was ironic, I'm not surprised that Rosie was shaken to the core after her turn in the witness box but going home and lying to Hugo about the outcome was stupid

1x06 Manolis

I'm not surprised that Manolis hates what the slap is doing to his family and noticing Hector and Harry are more like their parents was interesting, like Hector and his mother both having affairs and Harry and his dad both having a bad temper but Manolis going with a hooker was a surprise, what their parents said in the morning when Manolis woke up with an erection was funny

1x07 Aisha

That was rude of Hector to refuse Aisha advances in preference of a massage and finding out the Hector covered for Harry because they know he’s hit Sandi in the past so Aisha blaming him for revealing Rosie’s secrets at the trial was expected

1x08 Richie

With the way Richie is acting i think Connie is going to regret telling him about Hector raping her and all because he ended their affair but the overdose after what happened at the vets was sad but glad his mother found him in time

Thread