91 12345
Thread
Printable Version

Downton Abbey Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Downton Abbey Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Downton Abbey Premiered on ITV1 on September 26, 2010

WELCOME TO DOWNTON ABBEY

"The sun is rising behind Downton Abbey, a great and splendid house in a great and splendid park. So secure does it appear, that it seems as if the way of life it represents will last for another thousand years. It won't."

From the pen of award-winning writer Julian Fellowes comes ITV1's brand new costume drama series, Downton Abbey, starring Maggie Smith as Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham, Hugh Bonneville as Robert, Earl of Grantham and Elizabeth McGovern as Robert’s wife, Cora, Countess of Grantham.

Set in an Edwardian country house in 1912, Downton Abbey portrays the lives of the Crawley family and the servants who work for them.

The Crawleys have been the Earls of Grantham since 1772. In the drawing rooms and library and beautiful bedrooms, with their tall windows looking across the park, lives the family, but below stairs are other residents, the servants, as fiercely possessive of their ranks as anyone above.

Some of them are loyal to the family and are committed to Downton as a way of life, others are moving through, on the look out for new opportunities or love or just adventure. The difference being that they know so many of the secrets of the family, while the family knows so few of theirs...

Source
Homepage
Link to About the Show

Discuss Anything About Downton Abbey Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 12-18-2012 20:38 ]

Season 3 is here!   Just not in the US.
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

downton abby season 3 ep 9

where is this weeks episode....i  can hardly stand the suspense    oh no, it was season finale last week? ahhhhh season 4?

[ Last edited by wheeliegirl at 11-12-2012 12:38 ]

Reply 4#4 wheeliegirl's post

downton abby season 3

oh thank you, any idea if there will be a season 4?

Reply 6#6 wheeliegirl's post

Usually one of the sources would say if it was cancelled and with a Christmas special I would say season 4 will be September 2013

thanks for all your info

I finally watched it, and am sad that I caught up so quickly.  I tried to stretch it out, but I watched series 1 over a weekend. LOL!  Am totally hooked now.  Not enjoying having to wait for new episodes, but I suppose my wait is shorter than those who watched it when it aired.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

1x01 Episode 1

What an iconic time in history to start the series with the sinking of the Titanic and I cant believe they iron the papers before being delivered, Bates not telling he knew Robert on his first day was amusing but kicking his stick so he fell over was cruel

1x02 Episode 2

Anna catching Carson taking apples was surprising but after seeing his uninvited guest it made sense and Matthew finding it hard to settle into his new life in Downton interesting but you can understand why Molesley was worried

1x03 Episode 3

Giving Gwen a hard time because she has a typewriter was unreasonable and that contraption Bates brought to help cure his limp looked horrendous, Pamuk dying in Mary's bed couldn't of happened in a worse place

1x04 Episode 4

Bates taking Anna supper up to her room was nice considering she was ill and the speculation around Mrs Hughes when she meet a former friend was amusing, Sybil's new outfit was interesting and the look on the others faces was priceless

1x05 Episode 5

Daisy does seem to be struggling with what she seen when Pamuk died in Mary's room and Sybil's horse going lame couldn't of happened at a worse time but seeing them fall in the mud was amusing, Thomas trying to frame Bates with the valuable snuff box was another evil attempt to get rid of him but turning the tables on them was great

1x06 Episode 6

Thomas now trying to blame Bates for the wine he stole himself was annoying and the fact the others lied to back up his story was frustrating but why he's prepared to resign rather than name the real culprit was crazy as Thomas as been evil to him from day one

1x07 Episode 7

I'm glad Mary found out it was Edith who started to rumours about Pamuk and sending Beryl to London to have her eyes checked was nice but Anna while in London checking up on Bates was a surprise and poor Daisy getting into trouble over the food, O'Brien being responsible for the loss of the baby was unbelievable and Gwen getting the secretary job was nice

2x01 Episode 1

Ethel the new maid getting on the wrong side of O'Brien wasn't a surprise but their practical joke was amusing and Lady Sybil learning to cook in secret didn't last long, Bates wife forcing him to leave was a surprise

2x02 Episode 2

Thomas deliberately getting shot in the hand just to get sent home on sick leave was a crazy but but working alongside Lady Sybil in the local hospital was a nice surprise, Molesley trying to take an interest in Anna now Bates has gone was amusing

2x03 Episode 3

Anna thinking she had seen Bates was understandable and with the help of Mary they discover Bates is working in a pub, Thomas coming back to run the house now it has become a convalescent home for wounded officers was crazy

2x04 Episode 4

Ethel being caught in bed with a solider was unfortunate and Daisy being worried about William was nice as she only said she would be his girlfriend so he didn't got to war with bad feelings, O’Brien trying to spoil the soup kitchen was evil but with a great outcome and the missing soldiers turning up was nice

2x05 Episode 5

I had a feeling Vera would return to Downton threatening to expose some secrets but trust O’Brien to tell her Bates was back and what a turn around for Matthew and William to return unharmed in the last episode to be both fighting for their lives now, William wanting to marry Daisy before he dies was sad

91 12345
Thread