48 123
Thread
Printable Version

Portlandia Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Portlandia Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Portlandia Premiered on IFC on January 21, 2011

PORTLANDIA's inhabitants include but are not limited to: the owners of a feminist book store; a militant bike messenger; an artsy couple who attach cut-outs of birds to everything ("put a bird on it!"); an organic farmer who turns out to be a cult leader; an adult hide and seek league; and a punk rock couple negotiating a "safe word" to help govern their love life.  The first episode depicts Armisen and Brownstein meeting with the Mayor of Portland (Kyle MacLachlan) who solicits the duo to write a new theme song for the city. This segment features a cameo from the real mayor of Portland (Sam Adams) playing the assistant to MacLachlan's "mayor." Much of the series' original music is written and performed by Armisen and Brownstein.

Source
Homepage
Link to About the Show

Discuss Anything About Portlandia Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 3-10-2013 09:21 ]

1x06 Baseball

I thought i should re-watch this while I'm waiting for season 2 to be available and i first watched this back in February last year.

The brag journal and what happened it the book store was strange but wouldn't you hate to have someone like Carrie and Fred at an outdoor movie

2x01 Mixology

Lisa and Bryce saying they could pickle everything was amusing to start but then it just got ridiculous but that difficult waiter was horrendous and who would go to that much trouble to find the barman that made you a drink just to give him a mixed tape

2x02 One Moore Episode

Portland's annual Allergy Pride Parade was bizarre and asking for one more episode of Battlestar Galactica because they run out of new episodes to watch was amusing But Ron's wife was a pain in the ass

2x03 Cool Wedding

The two overly-polite drivers that come to a standstill at an intersection was a little crazy until they both had to be towed away which was amusing

2x04 Grover

Taking their rescued dog to the dog park was just bizarre and the best way to beg for money might give others the wrong ideas but winning the scavenger hunt with the helium balloons was amusing

2x05 Cops Redesign

The Mayor of Portland asking Carrie and Fred to redesigning the Police Department's uniforms was bizarre but the chief walking out and telling them to police it themselves was amusing

2x06 Cat Nap

I never herd of anything so stupid as a bicycle removers and using a cat when they needed a gimmick for the band was different but then getting kidnapped was bizarre

2x07 Motorcycle

Them as a middle-aged couple attempting to reclaim the ideals of being young, rebellious and sexy by getting motorcycles was bizarre but the other couple thinking they were coming on to them was amusing and forgetting 911 was a risky subject

2x08 Feminist Book Store 10th Anniversary

Marcus and Madeline taking separating their trash to a whole new level was beyond belief

2x09 No Olympics

I'm not surprised the pair of bike valets had trouble finding their bikes after jumbling the keys up and staking them on top of each other

2x10 Brunch Village

I can't believe the cue for the new hot spot Fisherman’s Porch when Peter and Nance wanted to give it a try but with hundreds of others having the same idea and with about a two hour wait in the cue

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 7-24-2012 19:18 ]

The Brunch Special (S02-Special)

Strange to think this was a directors cut of the last episode but being twice as long as the last one, adding the tall blonde fainting while waiting was interesting considering she said she hadn't eaten for ten days and then went on a date with the doctor and the production footage an the end was different

3x01 Winter in Portlandia

Not wanting to know the sex of the baby was bizarre but backfiring when his pissed on them which was amusing but Peter and Nance trying to strike pasta from their diet was going too far

3x02 Take Back MTV

The long street name would be amusing especially if by time your sat nav had finished you missed your turn

3x03 Missionaries

The spoiler alert segment was amusing and some of the guests they have on this show are amazing but asking Martina Navratilova to sign her book from someone else was priceless

3x04 Nina's Birthday

The couple that have attended so many birthday parties in the past  are now broke and seek a bank loan in order to afford to make an appearance at Nina's party was corny but why Nina was played by him and his wife played by her was crazy

3x05 Squiggleman

The restaurant having a designated farting area was amusing

48 123
Thread