63 1234
Thread
Printable Version

Alcatraz Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Alcatraz Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Alcatraz Premieres on FOX on January 16, 2012

When San Francisco Police Department DET. REBECCA MADSEN (Sarah Jones, Sons of Anarchy) is assigned to a grisly homicide case, a fingerprint leads her to a shocking suspect: JACK SYLVANE (guest star Jeffrey Pierce, The Nine), a former Alcatraz inmate who died decades ago. Given her family history - both her grandfather and surrogate uncle, RAY ARCHER (Robert Forster, Jackie Brown), were guards at the prison - Madsen's interest is immediately piqued, and once the enigmatic, knows-everything-but-tells-nothing government agent EMERSON HAUSER (Sam Neill, Jurassic Park) tries to impede her investigation, she's doggedly committed. Madsen turns to Alcatraz expert and comic book enthusiast, DR. DIEGO DOC SOTO (Jorge Garcia, Lost), to piece together the inexplicable sequence of events. The twosome discovers that Sylvane is not only alive, but he's loose on the streets of San Francisco, leaving bodies in his wake. And strangely, he hasn't aged a day since he was in Alcatraz, when the prison was ruled by the iron-fisted WARDEN EDWIN JAMES (Jonny Coyne, Undercovers) and the merciless ASSOCIATE WARDEN E.B. TILLER (Jason Butler Harner, The Changeling).

Homepage

Discuss Anything About Alcatraz Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 3-12-2012 14:47 ]

Reply 8#8 codebreaker's post

the pilot episodes where great. really looking forward to the next episode. just hope it won't get boring

Pilot

Well i was really excited by this but it really did feel a bit like Lost to start off with but who knows but i thought it obvious her first partner would end up dead but team up with expert was interesting since he's really most unlikely person you want as your partner. I did like the fact they built super secret banker to house the prisoners but it strange that it looks empty

Ernest Cobb

Well the snipers one was good but shocked that she got shot but ending was make your mind wonder if she was responsible for this ?

Reply 11#11 bala's post

I never watched lost so I wouldn't know about that. But I love how the 'boss' and his sidekick have a bad side as well. And I wonder how her grandfather knew something bad was gonna happen. I guess he'll be the red wire throughout the season while they'll catch a new guy every episode. Which is also why I hope it won't get boring.

loving this!  It's a go for me  
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 11#11 bala's post

Her being shot so close to the beginning of the season is a bummer, but showing up later as the Doc in the ward was a brilliant twist.  How did she not age.  I thought it was just inmates and guards.

I never watched Lost either, so I'm looking forward to this.  

1x01 Pilot

Great question were Jack Sylvane has been for almost 50 years but looking at the way he was treated I'm not surprised that he killed E.B. Tiller and Jack new prison cell is an improvement on the last one

1x02 Ernest Cobb

Lucy was lucky to survive and good call on finding Ernest Cobb's final location but Emerson shooting him the right hand was great

Reply 16#16 codebreaker's post

I thought it was poetic justice for Cobb to be shot too!!

Kit Nelson

Well this was disturbing guy kidnap young boys but his treatment at alcatraz was awful you would thought cured him of his condition being beaten up on regular basis but bring dead body back to doctor certainly was strange ?

ALCATRAZ - Promo for "Cal Sweeney" airing MON 1/30

Reply 18#18 bala's post

It's a good job Doc was on the ball and recognised Nelson's MO and the way he was treated in prison is what you would expect for a child killer but the kid escaping by breaking the light was brave and impressive

63 1234
Thread